Arena Information, Asset IDs, and bunch of other stuff

hovathagod32

tried to add an arena for the first time but it is not showing up, not sure what I did wrong, so here are the steps I did

added Arentrance 55 - which is fixed Royal Rumble 04 Arena from 2k15 (working in 2k18), 

replaced in misc01_start line 44 Smackdown Live placeholder Selectnum 200 with Selectnum 1 to 55 and to Selectnum2 to 55 as well (files have been added of course), String changed acc. to sheet

also changed in misc04_arena.pac then for ArenaNum all settings, however, LEDCorner remains -2 and can not be changed.

So I thought I did all steps but the arena is not showing up, neither in Arena or Others.

Is there anything I am missing?

@hovathagod32 Chair issue sorted, Fixed most issues I had as well, thanks for the help. Now I'm looking to change the font colour of the nameplates, specifically the yellow in Summerslam 88 to white. Any ideas how I can change this? As it shows up yellow no matter what arena it goes into. Thanks again. 

20 hours ago, GarrettAK47 said:

You need to install the super string.

12 hours ago, Tarnathos said:

tried to add an arena for the first time but it is not showing up, not sure what I did wrong, so here are the steps I did

added Arentrance 55 - which is fixed Royal Rumble 04 Arena from 2k15 (working in 2k18), 

replaced in misc01_start line 44 Smackdown Live placeholder Selectnum 200 with Selectnum 1 to 55 and to Selectnum2 to 55 as well (files have been added of course), String changed acc. to sheet

also changed in misc04_arena.pac then for ArenaNum all settings, however, LEDCorner remains -2 and can not be changed.

So I thought I did all steps but the arena is not showing up, neither in Arena or Others.

Is there anything I am missing?

I don't know. Maybe rebuild the def? if it doesn't show up try a new slot.

12 hours ago, ChiefJayStrongbow said:

@hovathagod32 Chair issue sorted, Fixed most issues I had as well, thanks for the help. Now I'm looking to change the font colour of the nameplates, specifically the yellow in Summerslam 88 to white. Any ideas how I can change this? As it shows up yellow no matter what arena it goes into. Thanks again. 

you have to find the hex color code in the atb0 and change it

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, hovathagod32 said:

Thank you. Is this the same byte in each instance, or does it change per font/plate? And any pointers where to start looking? Thanks again. 

24 minutes ago, hovathagod32 said:

You need to install the super string.

I don't know. Maybe rebuild the def? if it doesn't show up try a new slot.

i put the super string in the wwe 2k19 .../pac/string/win/ AnD iT sTiLl SaYs StRiNg LoAdInG: fAlSe

Edited by GarrettAK47

6 hours ago, ChiefJayStrongbow said:

Thank you. Is this the same byte in each instance, or does it change per font/plate? And any pointers where to start looking? Thanks again. 

get the paint drop tool and get the color that shows in game, that will give you a hex code for the color, search it in the atb0. i'm not sure about the bytes but it will matter for each plate if you're doing ones that have championship nameplates, like raw, sd, nxt, 205 live.

6 hours ago, GarrettAK47 said:

i put the super string in the wwe 2k19 .../pac/string/win/ AnD iT sTiLl SaYs StRiNg LoAdInG: fAlSe

open the string file in wrestleminus. then it should register every time you use the program

after a freh reinstall, it is now finally working, thank you for your tutorial. One question though, which entry needs to be modified that titantrons will be displayed? Minitrons and Walltrons are working, but titantrons do not show up.

On 6/10/2019 at 3:27 AM, Tarnathos said:

after a freh reinstall, it is now finally working, thank you for your tutorial. One question though, which entry needs to be modified that titantrons will be displayed? Minitrons and Walltrons are working, but titantrons do not show up.

In the 02 on the sheet there's a selection that says Tron? you can try matching the bytes for something to it. There was a byte last year that dictated retro trons and current ones. I think that might be the one this year, but I didn't do much testing. If you're porting something older from like 2k17 on down that could be an issue with the file differences. I'm not 100% sure because most of the stuff I work with I try to mod the minitron slots to my liking.

thank you for this information, but checked the 02 file and I can not see any selection with "Tron". I can see D1-D5, F1-F4, H1-H4 and I1_i3. Last year it was column G2, but that seems not to be there this time. I tried changing D2 selection but that did not work...so I will trial and error ;) 

50 minutes ago, Tarnathos said:

thank you for this information, but checked the 02 file and I can not see any selection with "Tron". I can see D1-D5, F1-F4, H1-H4 and I1_i3. Last year it was column G2, but that seems not to be there this time. I tried changing D2 selection but that did not work...so I will trial and error ;) 

it would be F4, judging the doc worksheet.. Try swapping values with that to see if it works or not

For future reference.. I still haven't figured everything out.. With the way that the Sheet is created it is very easy to spot things just based off trends. So compare SDL and the SDL PPVs, Raw + Raw PPVs, the combo PPVs, NXT, WCW, etc. The similarities and differences might solve some problems.

Edited by hovathagod32

Any idea how to fix the barricades in ported arenas?  Not the corners, I mean for the ramp/stage section, if I irish whip someone into those parts of the barricade they just keep doing their running animation until they fall over.

3 minutes ago, WhereTheFdidTheEgo said:

Any idea how to fix the barricades in ported arenas?  Not the corners, I mean for the ramp/stage section, if I irish whip someone into those parts of the barricade they just keep doing their running animation until they fall over.

"With porting arenas from older games you may realize that when you move around the ring or on stage you warp around. This is because of the fact that the older games don't account for certain geos, like crowd fighting. To fix this you'll have to fix your arentrance files. Inside them there are 2 files (WWE 2K16 & 17), the 03DA and 03D9. You'll have to inject the file from 2K18 or 2K19 that has the same geo that your arena has. Depending on the setup, there may be clipping (if you have something like WMXV with a geo from a newer game) but you won't warp around all strange. In the event you're still having problems, you're going to have to add 2K18 or 2K19's new files for geo as well. These are 047E and 047F. You can create a new PACH/SHDC or try and use PACH/SHDC Adder."

I mentioned this in my first post but the only thing I can add to this is that when you're adding new files to a SHDC or a PACH you may end up losing light objects. I don't know the cause of this, it may not happen every time, but the only way to get around it is to build in a 2K19 pac with the geo that you want. Inject a blank yobj (a yobj with no objects, NOT a zeroed out yobj) in all the slots except things like the floor/ramp or things that may be similar to your port. Inject the ported pach/shdc into a titantron, minitron, walltron file. That way the arena file is mistake free. 

Those who have downloaded my arena files might notice that they all come with a minitron file. I used those to add as many things to my setups without causing issues with the arentrance file.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, hovathagod32 said:

it would be F4, judging the doc worksheet.. Try swapping values with that to see if it works or not

For future reference.. I still haven't figured everything out.. With the way that the Sheet is created it is very easy to spot things just based off trends. So compare SDL and the SDL PPVs, Raw + Raw PPVs, the combo PPVs, NXT, WCW, etc. The similarities and differences might solve some problems.

Thank you for this and thanks to JManny for the advice with the sheet. I tested it and for my added arenas it is working to change the entry in column F4 to 2. Then titantrons are showing up.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tarnathos said:

Thank you for this and thanks to JManny for the advice with the sheet. I tested it and for my added arenas it is working to change the entry in column F4 to 2. Then titantrons are showing up.

Dope.. I'll remove the question mark now lol

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/6/2019 at 11:09 PM, hovathagod32 said:

get the paint drop tool and get the color that shows in game, that will give you a hex code for the color, search it in the atb0. i'm not sure about the bytes but it will matter for each plate if you're doing ones that have championship nameplates, like raw, sd, nxt, 205 live.

open the string file in wrestleminus. then it should register every time you use the program

ok i good now

Hi I've followed your tutorial to edit the fonts in the ftpk files, but for the one I'm editing (Traditional) the main font DDS file is the first one, so when I try to replace the original dds for my custom one, the space between the end of the new dds and the start of the second one is not the same, and when I try to preview it in game, the game is crashing.. 

(I got the right DDS Export settings + I've injected the ftpk back after converting it with Oodle Tools) Any idea what could be the issue ? Thanks

8 hours ago, SeeFusion said:

Hi I've followed your tutorial to edit the fonts in the ftpk files, but for the one I'm editing (Traditional) the main font DDS file is the first one, so when I try to replace the original dds for my custom one, the space between the end of the new dds and the start of the second one is not the same, and when I try to preview it in game, the game is crashing.. 

(I got the right DDS Export settings + I've injected the ftpk back after converting it with Oodle Tools) Any idea what could be the issue ? Thanks

if you're editing a font and you save it properly the offsets will stay the same no matter what you do to it. To make sure it stays, save it DXT10 with alpha with intel tools for photoshop

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/21/2019 at 2:55 AM, WhereTheFdidTheEgo said:

Do you know how to change a 2k19 titantron from using an image file in the /entrance to being live cam during gameplay?

remove the titan logo yobj, 032F and prob 0330, and add 0320 instead to your SHDC/PACH

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I made mention to this before on discord, but with the help of @pozzum and Wrestleminus' latest update you can now add to the arena misc file and the 02 file in the start01 misc. This means that you can now add any slot that the game will allow.

Screen_Shot_2019-09-01_at_6.41.37_PM.png

I added slot 399 (Not sure if you needed to add 399 to the A2).

Added 00399 to the Arena misc, and it worked in game:

Screen_Shot_2019-09-01_at_6.37.05_PM.png

So you can pretty much add whatever you want. You are not limited to the smackdown live slots. I don't know all of the slots that are available. The arena misc is capped at 1000, so I assume it's between 0-1000. You'll know if the slot works because the black square in the arena selection will be there.

• Like 1
  • Too Sweet 2
  • Glorious 1