Arena Information, Asset IDs, and bunch of other stuff

hovathagod32

5 hours ago, squaredcirclefan said:

Hi, if you open the 2k19 arena info spreadsheet and the 02 file in wrestleminus, you will notice all the smackdown placeholder slots have the same string ID (41A0) which is the string ID for smackdown live. looking at the row below, lets say you scroll down to the smackdown live placeholder listing in excel row 50 (with a value of CA00 in the SECTION 1 column).

Lets say I need to ad PAYBACK to the list (Payback is one of the hidden arenas which will see listed in the First tab of the spreadsheet)

WWE PAYBACK on that sheet is misc slot 04. The String ID for PAYBACK is 5501 which will replace the 41A0 as 0155. The CA will be changed to 4 .

The 18  in selection 2 is for the transition screen shat shows up before the match begins. The CA after that is for the replay transition. but the main one is the 18

The PAYBACK transitions can be found in the 2k18 pac/move/transition and pac/mov/transition_replay folders. If you copied the 000004.pac files in both folders to 2k19 and change both 18 and CA to 04, the transitions will work in the game.

For the other values which need to be changed, you will need to look for an arena with a similar geometry to the arena you want to unlock and replace the values in the other columns.

For instance If I wanted to place the Saturday Nights main event and WWE Live 91 arenas, I would use the data for Summerslam 88 since they shar the same geometry and all three are classic arenas.

Did you manage to change the crowd at all? I've tried everything and doesn't want to change via the misc01 or misc04. Looks a bit odd having Bash at the Beach arena wit ha current crowd! 

0398 in the arena misc pac controls the asset stuff.. Ignore that portion of the Sheet. Crowds haven't been updated since 2K17 or so... I just ported from previous sheets and filled in blanks, also removing all my edits. Forgot about crowds. This weekend I'll try to get all the older game arena ID#'s up just so it can be a one stop shop

• Like 1

Am I wrong or the slot from row 48 to 97 (between NXT NO and Backstage parking) have something to do with created arenas ? each time I replace one of them to add an hidden arena, one of my created arena became unselectable and if I load a match in this created arena there is no crowd. or it's something else ?

Edited by tich

On 11/17/2018 at 2:00 PM, tich said:

Am I wrong or the slot from row 48 to 97 (between NXT NO and Backstage parking) have something to do with created arenas ? each time I replace one of them to add an hidden arena, one of my created arena became unselectable and if I load a match in this created arena there is no crowd. or it's something else ?

That would actually make some sense lol... I don't really use CAA on PC so I've never bothered to look at that. 

So after unlocking a few of the arenas such as BATB etc all seemed fine but all nameplates, including those in in-game arenas have disappeared. All other assets are there just no nameplates. Even in create a show the nameplate previews don't show. Rechecked everything and unsure what's causing this. Anyone else had this? I can always backtrack and narrow the issue down, but seems quite odd. 

@hovathagod32 Just wondered if you've located the matchup screen fonts on your travels? Have found everything but, even the gameplay fonts, but can't seem to locate the matchup screen ones. They aren't in the matchup screen pacs either. 

EDIT: Ignore me, they are in the matchup pacs, 005 :) 

Edited by LordBarker

22 hours ago, LordBarker said:

@hovathagod32 Just wondered if you've located the matchup screen fonts on your travels? Have found everything but, even the gameplay fonts, but can't seem to locate the matchup screen ones. They aren't in the matchup screen pacs either. 

EDIT: Ignore me, they are in the matchup pacs, 005 :) 

Those don't change the font. It's inside the file that has the FTPK header. You have to extract them out of hex

Those other font textures are just the references, I believe.

Edited by hovathagod32

4 minutes ago, gamingsinceatari said:

How would i go about replacing match up screens?  Trying to replace a 2k19 screen with one from 2k18

you have to make a bk2 file to replace the 2k19 matchup video

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hovathagod32 said:

Those don't change the font. It's inside the file that has the FTPK header. You have to extract them out of hex

Those other font textures are just the references, I believe.

Thanks. The file with the ftpk header is that inside the matchup PAC too? 

4 minutes ago, LordBarker said:

Thanks. The file with the ftpk header is that inside the matchup PAC too? 

They will be in every menu related pac file. Usually the 2 file in each pac, but you have to check and make sure

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LordBarker said:

Inject and compress using paceditor, essentially replacing the oodl with a zlib. 

How do i know which of the files inside the pac is the one that i should inject the bk2 into?  Its kind of confusing.  All im trying to do is put the payback match up screen in the game.

15 hours ago, gamingsinceatari said:

How do i know which of the files inside the pac is the one that i should inject the bk2 into?  Its kind of confusing.  All im trying to do is put the payback match up screen in the game.

In the matchup screen pac you are working with, decompress the files with pac editor, open the shdc pac file, compress the bk2 file with oodle tools and inject into the 01.oodle file.

21 hours ago, hovathagod32 said:

They will be in every menu related pac file. Usually the 2 file in each pac, but you have to check and make sure

Having issues extracting the font. Any chance you could tell me the steps please? 

17 minutes ago, LordBarker said:

Having issues extracting the font. Any chance you could tell me the steps please? 

you just search for the DDS headers. Start at the offset where the D in "DDS" is, then select everything before the next "DDS" header. Copy and paste into a new hex file and save it as a dds image. If it worked you'll be able to see the image in photoshop or whatever you use. You'll have to do this 3 or 4 times because they're are usually 3-4 images in that file. 2-3 for fonts, then the image for the types of WWE logos. 

To swap, you'll either find a FTPK file with the fonts you want and see if that works.. This would be your best bet first because if your font comes out bad in game, what you're going to have to do is cut out each letter in the font dds, and line up your new font to go over each letter, then inject it back into the hex of the FTPK file. This is a much more tedious job to do.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I just wanted to bump up the thread in the event anyone has anymore questions

if you still needed help with fonts @LordBarker I can help with that a little later.. although it’s been a few months lol

Edited by hovathagod32

I'm going to break it down because I've been working on a lot of these lately. Font files may show you a DDS image when you extract the pac files, but you will find out that modifying these files do nothing in game. These files pretty much serve as references. The actual changes occur when you mod the .ftpk files. So what you're going to want to do is open that file in hex.

Screen_Shot_2019-02-26_at_1.15.39_PM.png

As you can see by reading it, it's the Clockwork font from WWE 2K18. FTPK files seem to transfer to all of the PC versions of the game. What it also shows is the order that the textures are in. the buttons are the WWE logo images. It usually goes Buttons 1st, then the font textures second. Buttons are these: 

Screen_Shot_2019-02-26_at_1.31.51_PM.png

They may look different for 2K19 but it's the same concept.

Ok. So to extract the images from hex, you're going to search for the dds headers. You'll know this header because it's "DDS" in all caps.

Screen_Shot_2019-02-26_at_1.16.28_PM.png

This is the first header, which belongs to the buttons texture. So do a search again, and it'll show you the next texture, in this case, the fonts.

Screen_Shot_2019-02-26_at_1.16.56_PM.png

now if you notice there are "........ between the end of the first DDS texture and the beginning of the 2nd. This the spacer between DDS images. So in the event you have a file that has more than 1 font dds or if you have another file that has more than one image, you have to select everything from the DDS header to right before that ". When it is a simple 2 image FTPK file you can select the DDS header from the 2nd image and scroll all the way down because there is nothing else at the bottom. Copy all of the region and paste it into a new hex file. When you save it, save it as .dds and you'll have your texture. 

Screen_Shot_2019-02-26_at_1.19.15_PM.png

Do your edits.. Make sure you do not move the letters. If you want to swap fonts completely, what you're going to have to do is line up each new letter to it's old letter. You have to be very precise with this because you'll end up with alignment issues if you do it poorly. So make your edits, and make sure that you create an alpha file. If you've modded anything before alphas reveal what you want to see, so in this case you make all the text white in the alpha so it creates transparency in game. 

To make this an easy process, use intel tools and these save settings:

Screen_Shot_2019-02-26_at_1.20.02_PM.png

After you're finished you just open your edited .dds file in hex. 

Screen_Shot_2019-02-26_at_1.21.32_PM.png

Select All, copy, Then paste into the FTPK file, overwriting the original.

Screen_Shot_2019-02-26_at_1.21.59_PM.png

Save and you're all set. You can use Brienj's oodl compression tool to compress the ftpk inject as is, or compress as BPE to put back into the pac file.

When you get to your game, it should show the modified texture:

Screen_Shot_2019-02-19_at_5.04.56_PM.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for this, will give it a try. I am trying since 2k16 to get Raw 2002 nameplate from 2k15 to work, but without success. The nameplate shows up, but the letters do not and I have no clue why...

2 hours ago, Tarnathos said:

Thank you for this, will give it a try. I am trying since 2k16 to get Raw 2002 nameplate from 2k15 to work, but without success. The nameplate shows up, but the letters do not and I have no clue why...

The videos still translate, but you can't use previous game pac files for nameplates. Well, you can but you need the ATB0 files from 2K19, so it's best to find a base in 2K19 and just replace the ftpk and bk2 files. Another issue could be replacing Smackdown Live's nameplate. It seems that no matter what you do, the font doesn't show up. This was an issue last year when they introduced the side plate. Just haven't figured it out yet. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/27/2019 at 12:49 AM, hovathagod32 said:

The videos still translate, but you can't use previous game pac files for nameplates. Well, you can but you need the ATB0 files from 2K19, so it's best to find a base in 2K19 and just replace the ftpk and bk2 files. Another issue could be replacing Smackdown Live's nameplate. It seems that no matter what you do, the font doesn't show up. This was an issue last year when they introduced the side plate. Just haven't figured it out yet. 

How can i change in game font for supported characters wwe 2k19?