Arena Information, Asset IDs, and bunch of other stuff

hovathagod32

Alright... I get a lot of PM's and questions that I don't ever really have time to go in-depth about so I'll do it here. I've put together a "memory sheet" of most of the arena stuff. I'll explain it here just so everyone can see and not PM me. Not being a dick but I don't like explaining things to people, and they realize how overwhelming this is and it ends up being a waste of my time because they're now uninterested in doing the work. Due to certain things if I did want to help, a lot of the time I don't have the time to break it down, so I'll try here

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1g6KoexP8TmkiKRZ_IvB0MclGmQEQ7Nabw94IY4eePQA

This sheet has everything from Entrance IDs, Asset IDs, Menu Renders, the 02 file, as well as other things I'll probably update when I get more free time. 

I'll start with the 02 file. This file is in the misc01_start.pac. This file has a lot of things in it as you know now. This sheet will breakdown most of what's included in it. You can also use @pozzum's wrestleMINUS app. It has a built in 02 show editor in it. I know that a lot of you have been asking about adding new arenas and such. That is possible though this file. If you open the 02 file in poz's tool you'll see something like this:

Screen_Shot_2018-11-11_at_6.06.18_PM.png

The first 2 columns are pretty self explanatory. This is the string. You can alter that to whatever you want in the superstring or whatever string you use. There's a ton of arena names to choose from. The first SelectNum is the arentrance#, the second is the transition video. If you wanted to link a slot to a hidden arena you can just change the first SelectNum to whatever slot you want. With PACH files you can go from 00 to 99 (that goes for everything, arena assets if you want to make completely new aprons, ringmats, ropes, turnbuckles, mintrons etc). So if you wanted to port something, say Halloween Havoc 96 from WWE 2K16, you'd just find a slot you want to use and point it to that arentrance #. There are a bunch of SDL's in the 02, those are placeholders in the event 2K decides to add more arenas (like GBOF last year). 

Screen_Shot_2018-11-12_at_2.20.16_AM.png 

You'll see they have weird SelectNum's. Halloween Havoc 96's entrance # is 65 (And arentrance00065.pac isn't used in 2K19). So just change the first SelectNum to 65 and the transition video... you're gonna want to change that to something that is in the game. 24 works because it's the generic WWE 2K19 transition. If you change that number to something that isn't in the game, the game will crash. If you did this right, you'll see your arena in the menus. The string name will be there. There will be no logo, nameplates, locator videos, or replay graphics but the arena will load and be functional. Until I, or someone else figures out how to add these menu assets to the arena files, you can just create a show for these arenas. Just mod the Create-A-Show files to create your stuff, if you want to port old files from previous games. If you decide to do this via hex, you'll have to convert those numbers. It's not 65 in hex, it's 41... It's not 24, it's 18.

Other things in the 02 file are self explanatory. The colored columns are ones that have identified. They're also ID'd in poz's tool. Stage for example. I've explained this before but the numbers dictate the geo of the stage/ramp. 03 = SDL, 02 = Modern Raw, 01 = Classic RIW type ramp, 00 = Flat stage. Crowd fighting is self explanatory. Screen filter is a big one. You can use bgeffect and you'll notice the filter is gone but you still have a yellow tint in the classic arenas. This gets rid of the tint and the filtering. Just match the values of a modern arena to a classic slot.

BAR is barricade geos. This dictates how the barricades look. Say you want to get rid of the commentary booths from ring side, you'll want to use maybe Modern Raw or NXT's BAR values. When you edit this your commentators will still be there, but the barricades will close it off. To get rid of the commentators and the booth, what you'll want to do is look at the WPAR file. It's location is shown in the WPAR section of the sheet. You can just copy the values of a Modern Raw or NXT to the slot you want and that will either move the table and announcers to the stage, or remove them completely (NXT).

With porting arenas from older games you may realize that when you move around the ring or on stage you warp around. This is because of the fact that the older games don't account for certain geos, like crowd fighting. To fix this you'll have to fix your arentrance files. Inside them there are 2 files (WWE 2K16 & 17), the 03DA and 03D9. You'll have to inject the file from 2K18 or 2K19 that has the same geo that your arena has. Depending on the setup, there may be clipping (if you have something like WMXV with a geo from a newer game) but you won't warp around all strange. In the event you're still having problems, you're going to have to add 2K18 or 2K19's new files for geo as well. These are 047E and 047F. You can create a new PACH/SHDC or try and use PACH/SHDC Adder.

The Arena Misc file seems to have kept a lot of the things from older games for the arenas that are no longer in the game, so if you want to port something it is best to use the arentrance number that the older game used if it's not being used in the current game. An Example is the Halloween Havoc 96:

Screen_Shot_2018-11-11_at_6.32.15_PM.png

It kept the information so I didn't have to do anything to the misc. It's probably the same for the other arenas.

Screen_Shot_2018-11-11_at_6.33.21_PM.png

The color profiles as well. I can explain this in depth later, but you can mod the color profile in poz's tool. Each slot has a profile of 4-5 Colors. You can assign those colors by opening the prm_ar_lg_color.pac file (just do a directory search to find it). It's just hex colors you can input your own colors or use the ones from other arenas.

This should get you all going. If you have questions, ask them here and I'll try to answer when I have free time if it needs to be explained in detail. 

• Like 11
  • Too Sweet 5
  • Thanks 5
  • Glorious 1

49 minutes ago, LordBarker said:

@hovathagod32 I notice you have a newer revision of Wrestleminus that doesn’t need appear to have been released. Will the standard 2.0 revision still have the same options? Many thanks.

Try it and see. If not, you'll have to wait for poz.. He rolls out updates pretty frequently. I can try to do a hex demonstration later. The sheet is pretty much all the hex bytes of the 02 file in row form, so it should help you figure out what to look for and search.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, hovathagod32 said:

Try it and see. If not, you'll have to wait for poz.. He rolls out updates pretty frequently. I can try to do a hex demonstration later. The sheet is pretty much all the hex bytes of the 02 file in row form, so it should help you figure out what to look for and search.

I'll take a look. Much appreciated :) 

Just realized how much stuff you have logged in that spreadsheet, thanks for taking the time to gather all that man, going to save so much time in the WPAR file, nameplates, etc.  Really can't thank you enough for sharing this info!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, LordBarker said:

Hopefully the new update for wrestleminus will be available soon, as the current minus doesn't include some of the columns above such as 'selectnum'. Unless I'm missing something. 

yes I didn't see selectnum and the arena  name strings listed. I had to use 02 file tab in the spreadsheets to look up map data values

btw how to use the arena editor in wrestleminus? I copied the misc_start.pac elsewhere and work on that to have a backup but when clicking on the 2 file and click on show view I get an error message and it won't work.

On 11/15/2018 at 11:14 AM, squaredcirclefan said:

Ok thanks. Is it possible to use a slot with the smackdown live placeholders?

You can use the smackdown live placeholders.. That seems to be what they're there for. Although there might be some things related to Universe or career mode. I don't really know, but it's something to think about. I started on the 2nd placeholder and worked my way down to be safe. I have played any of the modes yet so if anyone spots anything, just let me know.

21 hours ago, Tarnathos said:

btw how to use the arena editor in wrestleminus? I copied the misc_start.pac elsewhere and work on that to have a backup but when clicking on the 2 file and click on show view I get an error message and it won't work.

As of right now, the arena editor for 2K19 isn't working yet. There's some differences with the offsets etc compared to last year so editing it was causing crashing and defaulted arena assets. It's possible to do this manually in hex, but right now you'll probably want to wait to see if Poz can fix it.

15 hours ago, hovathagod32 said:

You can use the smackdown live placeholders.. That seems to be what they're there for. Although there might be some things related to Universe or career mode. I don't really know, but it's something to think about. I started on the 2nd placeholder and worked my way down to be safe. I have played any of the modes yet so if anyone spots anything, just let me know.

As of right now, the arena editor for 2K19 isn't working yet. There's some differences with the offsets etc compared to last year so editing it was causing crashing and defaulted arena assets. It's possible to do this manually in hex, but right now you'll probably want to wait to see if Poz can fix it.

Thanks @hovathagod32 for the information. I can confirm the extra slots are unlocked once the string ID's are changed. As you advised, I didn't use the first smackdown live placeholder. I started from the 10th one With this there is no need to replace arena slots.

The hidden arenas can easily be assigned to the slots.

54 minutes ago, squaredcirclefan said:

Thanks @hovathagod32 for the information. I can confirm the extra slots are unlocked once the string ID's are changed. As you advised, I didn't use the first smackdown live placeholder. I started from the 10th one With this there is no need to replace arena slots.

The hidden arenas can easily be assigned to the slots.

Thanks for the confirmation. I was just going to replace areans but may take a look at this instead. Can you clarify what you mean by change the string IDs please? I would have thought you needed to change each element to create the old arenas using the hidden slots. Is this not the case? Thanks

2 minutes ago, LordBarker said:

Thanks for the confirmation. I was just going to replace areans but may take a look at this instead. Can you clarify what you mean by change the string IDs please? I would have thought you needed to change each element to create the old arenas using the hidden slots. Is this not the case? Thanks

Hi, if you open the 2k19 arena info spreadsheet and the 02 file in wrestleminus, you will notice all the smackdown placeholder slots have the same string ID (41A0) which is the string ID for smackdown live. looking at the row below, lets say you scroll down to the smackdown live placeholder listing in excel row 50 (with a value of CA00 in the SECTION 1 column).

Lets say I need to ad PAYBACK to the list (Payback is one of the hidden arenas which will see listed in the First tab of the spreadsheet)

WWE PAYBACK on that sheet is misc slot 04. The String ID for PAYBACK is 5501 which will replace the 41A0 as 0155. The CA will be changed to 4 .

The 18  in selection 2 is for the transition screen shat shows up before the match begins. The CA after that is for the replay transition. but the main one is the 18

The PAYBACK transitions can be found in the 2k18 pac/move/transition and pac/mov/transition_replay folders. If you copied the 000004.pac files in both folders to 2k19 and change both 18 and CA to 04, the transitions will work in the game.

For the other values which need to be changed, you will need to look for an arena with a similar geometry to the arena you want to unlock and replace the values in the other columns.

For instance If I wanted to place the Saturday Nights main event and WWE Live 91 arenas, I would use the data for Summerslam 88 since they shar the same geometry and all three are classic arenas.

• Like 2

Thanks mate, it is what I suspected that all values need to be changed ;) This is actually how I was planning to do it :D It's exactly what I did when I made my WM3 and SNME arena, just not replacing. Just when you said about changing the string wasn't sure if there was just one simple change which added all the info in! :D Thanks again mate for the clarification.