Creating logos

Comico99

Hello everyone.First of all,I want to say that I played WWE games for years,but only recently I got interested in making my own caws.Making the face texture is not a problem,but the logos,they are hard to do.So I'm here to ask advice and to understand how to create a logo.I have a good photoshop knowledge,but I can't find good photos to take logos from.Recently I'm trying making Okada,but I can't find a way to make his attire properly.If you have time,please tell me how can I do this.

Sure,I suggest you to use photoshop first of all,then you need a good face photo of who you want to create,I suggest you to use the tools of google where you can select to show only faces,then on PS you use the selection tool,you cut only the face on another file(512X512)you paste the selection and with the burn tool you clean the borders and there you go.Hope it helps

I search wrestler's twitter\facebook profiles, instagram, and any kind of site intended for image sharing. I used to just do google image search, but have had more luck with the other options. I usually have to do a lot of tweaking with the reference pics I find, to make them clearer and reshape what the logo is intended to look like when the edge is cut off. Also, if you ever do a masked wrestler, try searching stores\ebay for their masks. They usually provide a lot of great close up shots of them.

Okada's attire looks very hard to do. I think some of the people that have made him, pretty much redrew his tights entirely.

I can't speak for all caw creators, but I make all the logos from scratch in PS. I get a bunch of reference photos and then I redraw the designs (it helps to have a wacom pad). This also allows me to draw things misshapen to adjust for the ways I know the game will distort and bend logos in certain places. 

And as far as face textures go, you need PS. Use Defract's face template as your base for proportions and placement (it's linked under his video). Find a straight on shot of a face that is HQ. Here, I take a step many don't, and I like to duplicate the image and flip it so both sides of the face are perfectly mirrored, then I use a layer mask to blend the two halves and expose individual facial features unique to one side or the other. I then use the eye dropper to match the skin tone and create a solid background layer matching that unique skin tone (usually takes a few tries to get a 100% match). From there, I merge the two halves and create a new layer mask. I use the magnetic tool to select the eyes and I mask them out so that the background skin tone shows in place of the eyes -- this keeps you from getting that goofy thing in CS where the whites of the eyes end up on the lower or upper eyelids of your caw. Sometimes you need to do one more additional step if the eyebrows are getting stretched out in game. Use the clone stamp tool to clone the forehead flesh texture and paint that over the eyebrows until the brows are completely gone. Final steps -- use a mask or the eraser to blend the face texture with the solid background. Then do the same thing to the background layer so you have a gradient leading into full transparency. Examine your final product for dark or light areas, use a gentle dodge or burn as needed. Then save as a transparent png.

Defract also has a great tutorial I'd highly recommend.