CAW's crashing when using mods

PiPPiN

OK good news is the caws are working fine.

Bad news is that it doesn’t like modding.

Almost every time I add at least one mod the CAW stops working. Not even the dedicated mod folder doesn't work. was there CAW copy protection somehow? a system to check to see whats a mod or not? I can't tell.

What can I do without messing with the save because with the arc file they still work just not with a edited file in the fray.

Edited by mason44441

• PiPPiN changed the title to CAW's crashing when using mods

Had the same problem, after some test, it seems, modded createmode.pac released by squaredcirclefan makes the game crashed when a caw model is loaded, removing it and going back to the original one solve the prob for me, I have 70+ mod installed and the caw loads without any prob now.

2 hours ago, tich said:

Had the same problem, after some test, it seems, modded createmode.pac released by squaredcirclefan makes the game crashed when a caw model is loaded, removing it and going back to the original one solve the prob for me, I have 70+ mod installed and the caw loads without any prob now.

Was it packaged with WrestlePlus because when doing the setup it was telling me to install the core mods just in case? I need to double check for that modded file and remove it immediately 

Edited by mason44441

9 hours ago, tich said:

Have you tried the latest version and also installed one of the two *33 file options? If that doesn't help, make sure to report it in @squaredcirclefan's thread as well so he can hopefully fix it.

I myself can't reproduce it, I'm using the latest version of the ported move pac with the latest createmode.pac @squaredcirclefan released to date. That said, I only have two CAW alt attires and quickly created basic CAW to test it, so it  might not be entirely indicative, but they all work in matches and editing/creating in CAW mode.

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 2:38 PM, mason44441 said:

Even if I create a new CAW it does that! I wasted all my time on recrating caws

A way you can save all your CAWs. Is to add all of them in the community creations. And when you start fresh again you can go into community creations and get them all back. I had to do delete everything and start all over again as well. I lost some CAWs but when I went to community creations I saw of few of them that I uploaded. thank god they were there 

9 hours ago, tich said:

7 hours ago, mason44441 said:

Was it packaged with WrestlePlus because when doing the setup it was telling me to install the core mods just in case? I need to double check for that modded file and remove it immediately 

4 hours ago, Cave Waverider said:

Have you tried the latest version and also installed one of the two *33 file options? If that doesn't help, make sure to report it in @squaredcirclefan's thread as well so he can hopefully fix it.

I myself can't reproduce it, I'm using the latest version of the ported move pac with the latest createmode.pac @squaredcirclefan released to date. That said, I only have two CAW alt attires and quickly created basic CAW to test it, so it  might not be entirely indicative, but they all work in matches and editing/creating in CAW mode.

I have read through the thread. I can confirm the modded createmode.pac  works even with CAW'S from community creations downloaded to the game, even when I assign ported moves to CAW's. The chunk0.arc file will need to be deleted from the main folder  for ported moves to work and to prevent crashing on selection of CREATE MOVESET. There is an minor problem somewhere which needs sorting out.

The issues that have been highlighted are caused by a corrupt save file, which might be caused by a CAW in community creations. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, squaredcirclefan said:

I have read through the thread. I can confirm the modded createmode.pac  works even with CAW'S from community creations downloaded to the game, even when I assign ported moves to CAW's. The chunk0.arc file will need to be deleted from the main folder  for ported moves to work and to prevent crashing on selection of CREATE MOVESET. There is an minor problem somewhere which needs sorting out.

The issues that have been highlighted are caused by a corrupt save file, which might be caused by a CAW in community creations. 

Well I did try on a new save file but the problem consist no matter what I did.

13 minutes ago, mason44441 said:

Well I did try on a new save file but the problem consist no matter what I did.

Did you create the fresh save without any mods installed? Did you download anything from community creations after creating a fresh save before trying to create a CAW?

24 minutes ago, Cave Waverider said:

Did you create the fresh save without any mods installed? Did you download anything from community creations after creating a fresh save before trying to create a CAW?

If the Image Manager Quailfies because I did upload a face scan

8 hours ago, amazing-maze said:

A way you can save all your CAWs. Is to add all of them in the community creations. And when you start fresh again you can go into community creations and get them all back. I had to do delete everything and start all over again as well. I lost some CAWs but when I went to community creations I saw of few of them that I uploaded. thank god they were there 

But what if I don't have enough room for them? I have over 60+ Caws right now

• Like 1

Okay current status I got them at a current state without the mods taking place at this point I can no longer mod it due to this effect and I only had 5 slots for each cc item in case I had no choice but to start again so what can I do now start all over again or wait for a non save recking solution?

Okay I tried everything I can do, the game caw file's is corrupted in some way old save or new save. Did a virus infect my game in some way? Did anyone else had this problem that it wasn't the save file? I can't tell what happened with the patch at all, it just works when it wants to.

full

Edited by mason44441

On 11/8/2018 at 8:02 AM, squaredcirclefan said:

yep that was the prob, seems an empty arc file isn't enough.

Edited by tich
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...