CAW's crashing when using mods

PiPPiN

In Patch 1.02 Modded Everytime I head to the select screen It crashes the entire game dosen't even fucking tell me! It just closes it entirely! FUCK THIS GAME!

Edited by mason44441

Yes I did even double checked to see whats wrong. did the UAAU caused this or the additional titantron for example I used a 1024x512 logo show and selected a caw first then randomized a character and then It just basically closed my game as I pressed F4 on it. i recently attemped to install a jericho tattoo fix mod but failed!

The Created Wrestlers are Crashing my game

Edited by mason44441

1 hour ago, mason44441 said:

Every time I select my opponent I goddamn crashes everytime! WHY IS THIS DOING THIS SHIT! Fuck this game!

Hi. have you added mods to the game without deleting the chunk0.arc file ?

Edited by squaredcirclefan

2 minutes ago, squaredcirclefan said:

Hi. have you added mods to the game without deleting the chunk0.arc file ?

Well yeah but I inserted a empty chunk0.arc file to substitute its just the CAWS are crashing it for some reason

4 minutes ago, mason44441 said:

Well yeah but I inserted a empty chunk0.arc file to substitute its just the CAWS are crashing it for some reason

Probably a corrupt save file . You might need to delete your save and create a new one.

6 minutes ago, squaredcirclefan said:

Probably a corrupt save file . You might need to delete your save and create a new one.

Even if I create a new CAW it does that! I wasted all my time on recrating caws

Edited by mason44441

But I create a new one it crashes I provably lose everything Including MYCARRIER

On 11/2/2018 at 6:44 PM, squaredcirclefan said:

You need to delete the save file from c:\ program files(x86)\steam\userdata  folder. 

It dosen't work everytime I create a new wrestlers it stops the game entirley!

Edited by mason44441

For some reason the created wrestlers are crashing my game even if I reset the save file. I can remove the mods due to time constrains. Is there something wrong with the mods, the game could no longer handle the caws I don't know

seriously was it the new def file not finding the caw files required? Was it a missing file 

Edited by mason44441

39 minutes ago, mason44441 said:

But I create a new one it crashes I provably lose everything Including MYCARRIER

It dosen't work everytime I create a new wrestlers it stops the game entirley! I HAD IT WITH THIS FUCKING GAME! FUCK YOU!!

If the save is corrupt, it will crash no matter what you try to do. What you need to do is to delete the save and start afresh. You will need to reinstall all CAW's and you will lose your MYCAREER progress. Have you tried deleting the save ?

18 minutes ago, squaredcirclefan said:

If the save is corrupt, it will crash no matter what you try to do. What you need to do is to delete the save and start afresh. You will need to reinstall all CAW's and you will lose your MYCAREER progress. Have you tried deleting the save ?

Yes I did but it didn't work. It just did the same result

5 hours ago, mason44441 said:

Also the def file is very small compared to previous one so I can’t tell if a certain file was lost or broken beyond the stupid patch

The unmodified Chunk0.def file from the last game version should be slightly smaller than the unmodified Chunk0.def file from the current version. If it isn't, try to delete it and re-validate your files on Steam. Then empty our Chunk0.arc and regenerate your Chunk0.def file (or manually add your mod entries to it via a text editor of choice).

PS.: I've merged the original poster's multi post into one thread. Please keep the language clean.

21 hours ago, Cave Waverider said:

The unmodified Chunk0.def file from the last game version should be slightly smaller than the unmodified Chunk0.def file from the current version. If it isn't, try to delete it and re-validate your files on Steam. Then empty our Chunk0.arc and regenerate your Chunk0.def file (or manually add your mod entries to it via a text editor of choice).

PS.: I've merged the original poster's multi post into one thread. Please keep the language clean.

I apologise for the cruel behaviour I was at it just for some reason it could be a misconception with the def rebuilding did any one double check for errors in the  cas file I do wanna know

Update I actually found a soloution just ending up deleting all the cas data files for this game not the save data. Never mind I just notice it didn't work was it a mod error

Edited by mason44441

I just can’t tell if 2K knew about this and decide to punish us for it.

so let just hope that a mod can fix it for us.

I can never tell what mod is ruining it for us

Edited by mason44441

I think its safe to say that it maybe the game itself got corrupted. what a worthless game thanks 2K.

Just as a last resort here's what happened.

When I got patch 1.02 I waited to find the WrestlePLUS and did the setup but skipping CAWLESS and LITE PAC PLUS MODES and then Insert titantron fix 100-999 when I got in the game it loaded the regular superstars just fine and did what the patch needed to do but then I got to CAWS and then crashed. I couldn't tell what happened was there a error that a certain pac file got messed up or a faulty mod ruined the model files. I just couldnt tell then recently it did work in caw but when editing an entrance it crashed and did it again. not even starting a new work it just crashed regardless so I can't play this game anymore.

Edited by mason44441

On 11/2/2018 at 4:56 PM, TheVisitorX said:

Do you have any mods installed? If so, don't forget to clear your Chunk0.arc and update your def file, because each patch recreates/updates that files.

What type of files that got recreated that might have took an effect on the CAW files

You might have somehow corrupted your save game or game files.

1. If you've used the mods folder to install all your mods (if not, skip ahead to step 2.), do the following: Move the mods folder and Chunk0.def file to a different directory outside of your game directory for backup purposes. Also backup any non-pac files you that may have been modded (.bk2, .pck). Then open Steam, right-click on WWE 2k19->Properties->Local Files->Verify Integrity of Game Files. This will check all files of the game and replace them with working versions if necessary. Now skip ahead to step 3..

2. If you haven't used the mods folder to install all of your mods, backup your current game and do a clean installation of the game (make a backup of the game folder, uninstall the game and then delete the remains of the game folder before re-installing it via Steam). Best make a backup of the clean game directory, too. 

3. Then restore one of your save game backups (which I hope you've made) from before this issue began to happen. If you don't have a backup or going to your backup doesn't help, start a new save game (you might want to do so anyway to ensure everything is working with a fres save game). This wiki Entry should help to do that.

4. Start the game and check if the game is working properly in a freshly installed state, ideally with a fresh savegame.

5. Afterwards, you can start to slowly re-install any mods you have one by one (Again, I highly recommend to install all the .pac files of your mods into the mods folder (create one if you don't have one) so you can easily remove them once they are installed if there are any issues). Check each time so see which mod starts the crashes, if any, then report it in the creator's thread so they can work on fixing it.

On 11/5/2018 at 11:00 PM, Cave Waverider said:

You might have somehow corrupted your save game or game files.

1. If you've used the mods folder to install all your mods (if not, skip ahead to step 2.), do the following: Move the mods folder and Chunk0.def file to a different directory outside of your game directory for backup purposes. Also backup any non-pac files you that may have been modded (.bk2, .pck). Then open Steam, right-click on WWE 2k19->Properties->Local Files->Verify Integrity of Game Files. This will check all files of the game and replace them with working versions if necessary. Now skip ahead to step 3..

2. If you haven't used the mods folder to install all of your mods, backup your current game and do a clean installation of the game (make a backup of the game folder, uninstall the game and then delete the remains of the game folder before re-installing it via Steam). Best make a backup of the clean game directory, too. 

3. Then restore one of your save game backups (which I hope you've made) from before this issue began to happen. If you don't have a backup or going to your backup doesn't help, start a new save game (you might want to do so anyway to ensure everything is working with a fres save game). This wiki Entry should help to do that.

4. Start the game and check if the game is working properly in a freshly installed state, ideally with a fresh savegame.

5. Afterwards, you can start to slowly re-install any mods you have one by one (Again, I highly recommend to install all the .pac files of your mods into the mods folder (create one if you don't have one) so you can easily remove them once they are installed if there are any issues). Check each time so see which mod starts the crashes, if any, then report it in the creator's thread so they can work on fixing it.

Okay my apologies again for spamming. Just a few questions do you mean back up before it updated it or after? Just in case I need to do everything in game again not from mods?

It's probably best that you backup once before doing the clean install, then again once you have a clean and running game so you can go back to it if ever needed again.

16 hours ago, Cave Waverider said:

It's probably best that you backup once before doing the clean install, then again once you have a clean and running game so you can go back to it if ever needed again.

Also do I back up via steam or straight up backup certain files

Whatever you prefer. Note that if you simply copy the entire game folder elsewhere, it might be easier to restore single files compared to using the Steam backup feature.