Oodle Tools v0.8.0.0

brienj

Oodle Tools v0.8.0.0 by brienj

This program will decompress .oodl files in WWE 2K19, as well as recompress them for a perfect one-to-one match of the original.

Usage is simple.
First take the oo2core_6_win64.dll file and place in same directory as this program, and then open the file you wish to compress/decompress.
Select the appropriate action on the "Tools" menu.  If compressing, use Level 2 to compress to exact file as original.
So if you decompress an .oodl file, then open that file in the program and recompress it with Level 2 compression, it should match the file exactly.
If you want the file smaller, choose a larger level of compression.  If you want the file larger, choose a lower level of compression.
Some files may have been compressed in the game with a different level than 2, but that's all I've found so far.
The game should be able to handle any level of compression you choose.  All feedback on this is appreciated.

Download Link:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/4b74y6g1sqggbvv/Oodle_Tools.7z/file

Edited by brienj
  • Like 24
  • Too Sweet 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Yes! 1

Wonderful work man. Just tested this by decompressing an oodl texture, renaming the decompressed file as .dds, compressing the dds as oodl, injecting the oodl into a pac using pac tool. Works perfectly. Thumbs up. This is invaluable.👍

To any potential RAD Tools employee that see this, "I used zero code from your SDK, that's why the dll file is required.  If you don't want the functions in your DLL used, don't expose them."  Any slightly experienced RE person could easily use all functions in your dll.

And to everyone else, thanks.  I'm actually surprised nobody has done this yet, just takes a little bit of debugging. 😃

7 minutes ago, squaredcirclefan said:

Wonderful work man. Just tested this by decompressing an oodl texture, renaming the decompressed file as .dds, compressing the dds as oodl, injecting the oodl into a pac using pac tool. Works perfectly. Thumbs up. This is invaluable.👍

Great to get positive feedback.  Glad it works.

I'll give this a try. Great work btw. Glad Oodle has been completely figured out now

Not to derail but I'm hoping with so many guys involved this year we can get custom renders figured out soon. I feel we are close

Edited by SimplyRipZz
  • Yes! 1

1 hour ago, SimplyRipZz said:

I'll give this a try. Great work btw. Glad Oodle has been completely figured out now

Not to derail but I'm hoping with so many guys involved this year we can get custom renders figured out soon. I feel we are close

There might be another big issue...Concerning audio...  I so far, cannot change the audio for the actual wrestlers entrance ( IE : If I change Ricky Steamboat's intro call name to another .WEM it doesn't seem to fully change... and I got both of those files (since I don't know which is which between '87 and '94).

I'm hoping it's only because of the Patch dialogue and that there's a double of those files... Otherwise I'll be stumped. (and sad).

• Cave Waverider featured this topic

Would anyone be able to summarize for the non-mod-minded folks exactly what this means in terms of modding? I see several mod makers that are excited for this, so it would be nice to know how it will translate into content. Thanks!

17 minutes ago, The Anti Source said:

Would anyone be able to summarize for the non-mod-minded folks exactly what this means in terms of modding? I see several mod makers that are excited for this, so it would be nice to know how it will translate into content. Thanks!

Well for years the body and attire textures in each character pac file had been compressed using zlib format, and there are tools, some recent  and some which have been available for years, which modders used to decompress the files to extract the textures and modify them. 

in wwe 2k19, the game developers use a new compression format called oodle  (You see the word oodle and a logo when the game is loading) which none of the present tools can handle. Though some tools were updated to decompress the format to extract textures, none of the tools can create a file in oodle format, just like not being able to create a zip file in windows whereas its possible to extract the contents of zip files. What this tool basically does is allow modders  create oodle compressed files which makes handling 2k19 pac files easier (not all files are compressed with this format. Its mainly files containing textures for characters and arenas).

Hope this explanation is clear enough.

Edited by squaredcirclefan
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, squaredcirclefan said:

Well for years the body and attire textures in each character pac file had been compressed using zlib format, and there are tools, some recent  and some which have been available for years, which modders used to decompress the files to extract the textures and modify them. 

in wwe 2k19, the game developers use a new compression format called oodle  (You see the word oodle and a logo when the game is loading) which none of the present tools can handle. Though some tools were updated to decompress the format to extract textures, none of the tools can create a file in oodle format, just like not being able to create a zip file in windows whereas its possible to extract the contents of zip files. What this tool basically does is allow modders  create oodle compressed files which makes handling 2k19 pac files easier (not all files are compressed with this format. Its mainly files containing textures for characters and arenas).

Hope this explanation is clear enough.

Yes, that was perfect. Thank you!

25 minutes ago, The Anti Source said:

Yes, that was perfect. Thank you!

To expand on this, OODLE format is also faster at decompressing the textures in the game, so any textures compressed with this format would load almost as fast as uncompressed textures, so you can save space by using it, and the advantage over zlib, is that it should be able to be compressed smaller in size, as well as the game extracting the textures faster than zlib.  Zlib is good, but OODLE has a speed advantage over it, making the game load the models faster.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, brienj said:

To expand on this, OODLE format is also faster at decompressing the textures in the game, so any textures compressed with this format would load almost as fast as uncompressed textures, so you can save space by using it, and the advantage over zlib, is that it should be able to be compressed smaller in size, as well as the game extracting the textures faster than zlib.  Zlib is good, but OODLE has a speed advantage over it, making the game load the models faster.

Cool, thanks for the info!

On 10/27/2018 at 3:16 AM, SimplyRipZz said:

If anyone can figure out what's not figured out yet about this game is that dude, now he stopped making paint tool for nintendo consoles.

Finally got around to testing it out. I used Level 3 compression on my Hulk Hogan mod and it cut the file size by 50%. Originally I was at 28mb with zlibs it's now at 14mb with Oodle. Awesome work on this.

• Too Sweet 1

Great job on this @brienj, seems you haven't lost a step. Curious, with this new compression method can we add more yobjs to projects without the game crashing?

Update: I just added three additional yobj's to my Kenny Omega mod (7 yobjs total) and everything loaded up just fine. Thanks again!!!

Edited by bravebird31
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, tich said:

A topic with post from red rooster and brienj, are we back 6 years ago ? Oo

Disapointed to see no nude hulk hogan mod or auto ass whip tool in this topic btw.

Never say never.  Nude Hulk Hogan is still a possibility.  😃

14 hours ago, tich said:

If anyone can figure out what's not figured out yet about this game is that dude, now he stopped making paint tool for nintendo consoles.

I had to make homebrew for Wii U, since it was actually a "challenge" compared to hacking this game.  😃

5 hours ago, SimplyRipZz said:

Finally got around to testing it out. I used Level 3 compression on my Hulk Hogan mod and it cut the file size by 50%. Originally I was at 28mb with zlibs it's now at 14mb with Oodle. Awesome work on this.

2 hours ago, bravebird31 said:

Great job on this @brienj, seems you haven't lost a step. Curious, with this new compression method can we add more yobjs to projects without the game crashing?

Update: I just added three additional yobj's to my Kenny Omega mod (7 yobjs total) and everything loaded up just fine. Thanks again!!!

Great to see it's working for mods and reducing file sizes too.

BTW @bravebird31, didn't you make a Keith Lee?  I saw pics in your topic, but didn't see a download link.  Really want to get that one.  Can't wait for your Kenny Omega too.

Edited by brienj

Hey, trying this tool out.  Works great.  But do you think you could implement a multiple file selection?  Like selecting all contents of a PACH in a folder and then having them compress one by one, but just not having to go through the repetitive clicks?  Just a suggestion for ease of use. Thanks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AznBlusuazn said:

Hey, trying this tool out.  Works great.  But do you think you could implement a multiple file selection?  Like selecting all contents of a PACH in a folder and then having them compress one by one, but just not having to go through the repetitive clicks?  Just a suggestion for ease of use. Thanks.

Yeah, this was just an early release so people can start getting to work.  I will be adding things like that.  Can't promise a time, but it should be soon.  Will be adding Zlib compression too, but really don't see any reason for it, except for maybe older mods.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, brienj said:

I had to make homebrew for Wii U, since it was actually a "challenge" compared to hacking this game.  😃

BTW @bravebird31, didn't you make a Keith Lee?  I saw pics in your topic, but didn't see a download link.  Really want to get that one.  Can't wait for your Kenny Omega too.

Yeah I did for 2k18, I just have to fix the shine on the kneepads and ii'll rerelease it. Hey when you have some freetime can you check out the 2580 file. It's giving me issues with my young bucks and that new Kenny Omega mods. I'd really appreciate any help you can offer with that file. Thanks

Great tool, @brienj, thank you.

I was wondering. Would it be possible to provide a CLI for your tool so external tools could send files to your tool and get them back Oodle compressed/uncompressed? For example, calling your tool with something like

Oodle Tools.exe -compress s:<sourcepath><source filename> d:<destination path><destinationfilename> o:<options>
Oodle Tools.exe -decompress s:<sourcepath><source filename> d:<destination path><destinationfilename> o:<options>

(but also for multiple files at once to be queued up) and (silently) "send" the freshly compressed/decompressed file(s) back?
The above is just an example, the specific syntax would have to be specified by consulting other tool creators, of course, and see what exactly would be needed so everyone is on the same page.

This way various tools wouldn't have to build in the compression/decompression algorithm themselves and could call your Oodle tools to do the job instead. I could imagine it might be an interesting option to integrate with @TheVisitorX' Custom Character Tools, for example, @pozzum's WrestleMINUS, etc..

• Yes! 1

9 hours ago, brienj said:

I'm sure you already started a hogan nude mod 😊 like Im sure you made nude mario mod and keep it for you.

Anyway good to see you back on hacking wwe games, you know I tried to bring you back for years, the vintage brienj kitteh pics I made years ago, played a role in this tool, I'm sure. :p

Oh and say hello to miss D and the kids, hope everyone's fine ;)

Edited by tich