Unmask rey mysterio

Twistedmisery666™

On 10/20/2018 at 4:35 AM, Twistedmisery666™ said:

Anyone figures it out yet ? Ive tried on my own 

some stuff but nothing works..

Modding Hide the mask obj in his 0000.yobi in his pac file.

6 hours ago, AznBlusuazn said:

Modding Hide the mask obj in his 0000.yobi in his pac file.

So i just remove that file? And repack it?

i mean to play as him unmask make wcw attires..

Edited by Twistedmisery666™

30 minutes ago, Twistedmisery666™ said:

So i just remove that file? And repack it?

i mean to play as him unmask make wcw attires..

You might want to replace that object with devil's horns like he used to do during his unmasked Filthy Animals days or something. Not sure where you'd get them, though.
03.jpg

Ok, so I did this for you, and the results aren't what you are expecting.

The very first thing I did, was fix his CE mask file, so he wouldn't have holes in his head when the mask was removed.  Then I just made the obj not render, by turning it off in X-Rey, and built the pac file, I even made it exactly the same size by compressing with my oodl tool.  This resulted in him not having the mask during the entrance, but as soon as the match started, it reappeared.  It looks like the game re-enables the mask when the match starts.  Also, when I went into creation mode, he had the mask back on.

So then I moved the mask object file to the end, and changed the number of objects to 23, from 24.  This worked as well in the entrance, and this time, it also worked after the match started, however, when I went into create mode, the mask reappeared again.

So I have a model for you, that has his mask removed during the entrance, and during the match, and it also has the benefit of being the same size as the original pac file, but you will get the mask back when going in creation mode.  I know @tekken57 figured out a few things in creation mode, maybe he might know exactly what could be changed.  In the meantime, I will look at it a little bit more and see if I can do anything.

Edited by brienj

2 minutes ago, brienj said:

The very first thing I did, was fix his CE mask file, so he wouldn't have holes in his head when the mask was removed.  Then I just made the obj not render, by turning it off in X-Rey, and built the pac file, I even made it exactly the same size by compressing with my oodl tool.  This resulted in him not having the mask during the entrance, but as soon as the match started, it reappeared.  It looks like the game re-enables the mask when the match starts.  Also, when I went into creation mode, he had the mask back on.

So then I moved the mask object file to the end, and changed the number of objects to 23, from 24.  This worked as well in the entrance, and this time, it also worked after the match started, however, when I went into create mode, the mask reappeared again.

So I have a model for you, that has his mask removed during the entrance, and during the match, and it also has the benefit of being the same size as the original pac file, but you will get the mask back when going in creation mode.  I know @tekken57 figured out a few things in creation mode, maybe he might know exactly what could be changed.  In the meantime, I will look at it a little bit more and see if I can do anything.

Try removing the 25E4 from the ch.pac - see if you have the same issue.

1 minute ago, AznBlusuazn said:

Try removing the 25E4 from the ch.pac - see if you have the same issue.

Oh, ok, I'll try that.  Thanks.  If this works, I'll post a link to the pac file for everyone.

• Too Sweet 1

I removed the 25E4 file and it still shows his mask in creation mode.  WTF?  Is it getting his mask from creation mode and just putting it on him?  I am going to try one more thing and see if I can get it to work.

The creation mode default attires are stored in file external to the pac file and the yobj. 

It doesnt matter if the wrestler doesn’t have any attire, the creation suite will add it back when you enter. 

The horns are in the caw parts of the Xbox 360 version. you can remap the uv’s and assign it a high res texture. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, tekken57 said:

The creation mode default attires are stored in file external to the pac file and the yobj. 

It doesnt matter if the wrestler doesn’t have any attire, the creation suite will add it back when you enter. 

The horns are in the caw parts of the Xbox 360 version. you can remap the uv’s and assign it a high res texture. 

Yeah, that was what I was thinking, because there is no other way it could have been recreating his mask.  LOL

My problem was figuring out how to change what parts are defaulted to the character.  I'm going to look at it a little further, but thought you knew exactly where the info was stored maybe.  I'm about ready to bust out all my old notes on the game that I have in my shed.  It's a notebook filled with info like this, and I distinctly remember a lot of CAW stuff I figured out, but the only place I released it, was in my notebook.  There is a lot of interesting things I have in that notebook, that I have yet to see anyone post about, so it seems a lot of it was still never figured out by anyone else.

• 1 year later...
On 10/27/2018 at 9:59 PM, brienj said:

@brienj

So I am new to X-rey, and I'm fooling around with it to learn. I'm wondering how you edited the CE file to keep the holes in the head from appearing. I imagine it was a hex editing. If you have time, a quick step walkthrough would be huge, or if you know a video tutorial or something somewhere that does something similar, I could do the leg work from there.

Any help is appreciated!

Edit: Nevermind. I stumbled on a thread I hadn't seen before that tells to inject a blank CE when an object is removed. Thanks anyway!

Edited by ranky5443
Solution FOund