X-Packer 2019 / X-Rey official thread - X-Rey 3.2 / X-Packer 2019.3 released

tekken57

In the past week, I've been inundated with emails requesting a new version of X-Packer. After some consideration, I've decided to code a new version which I am releasing today. 

What is X-Packer?

X-PacKer is an application which allows you to extract and inject files and textures from wrestler pac files as well as the creation of new pac archives. It also allow for editing the save files for the xbox 360,ps3 and pc. This allows for modding of the game.

Platforms supported: Ps3, xbox 360, ps2, wii, PC.

Features of X-Packer 2019 include:

- Decompression of OODL files. 

- Reading of new SHDC formats

- 2k19 / 2k18 save editing functions to add wrestlers, edit wrestler info and basic entrance / moveset editing. 

- New functions for creating compressed zlib pac archives. These function fixes issues with extracting and decompressing compressed archives. 

- Updated zlib decompression functions, fixing issues with certain files not decompressing correctly.

- Settings for offset changes in the save file due to game patches. These settings can be found under the settings menu. At present the values are set to 0, when a new patch is applied, the amount the offset for the save file increases by can be set here, retaining compatibility with the X-Packer. 

- Updated values for the misc.pac file. 

- Creation of Def files for 2k18 and 2k19

- Flat theme and logo  

Updated functionality in X-Packer 2019.3

- DDS preview (double click the dds file in an archive)

- Generation of names for renders (under the utilities menu). 

Updated functionality in X-Packer 2019.2

- Universe mode injection

- Creation studio par archive reading and injection

- Dumping and reading of Caw Info (writing not supported)

Please view the tutorials on how to use the new functionality here: 

Updated functionality in X-Packer 2019.1

- The editing of wrestler info, now saves the wrestler name appearing on the winning animation 

- Adjusted the moveset length 

The same procedure applies to obtain the software as with previous years.

I create a new version of X-Packer when a new WWE game is released, this requires a separate license from the previous years X-Packer. During the course of the year I release updates to X-Packer which are free and do not require a separate license. e.g. X-Packer 2017 is for 2k17. 2017.1, 2017.2, etc will be under the same license. X-Packer 2019 is for WWE 2k19 and requires a separate license.

Updates for the course of the year will be done at no cost. I create a new version of X-Packer for each new game e.g X-Packer 2019 for 2k19, X-Packer 2017 for 2k17,etc. These require separate licenses.  X-Packer functionality is cumulative, meaning that the newer versions will always retain the functionality for working with older games.

X-Packer does not support any games above 2k19 due to the cak file encryption in WWE 2k20. 

Please note that the serial key is specific to a single computer. Please send me the serial key from the computer on which you will be doing your mods. If you are planning on formatting your computer or upgrading your operating system, please do that first before installing X-Packer and requesting an activation key.

Please allow up to 72 hours for me to send you an activation key as I am not in the same timezone as most people. Also remember to check your spam filters in your email to ensure that my email is not discarded. If you have not received an activation key from me after 72 hours, please email me.

I am locking this thread and will be handling user support queries via email at sf4mods@gmail.com.

I will not be entertaining any discussions around paid vs free software this year, there are various alternatives to my tools and you are free to use whichever tool you prefer.  

• Like 16
  • Sad 1
  • What? 1
  • Too Sweet 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Yes! 1

• Cave Waverider unpinned and featured this topic

X-Packer 2019.1 Released and emailed this morning. Some minor changes:

- The editing of wrestler info, now saves the wrestler name appearing on the winning animation 

- Adjusted the moveset length 

• 4 weeks later...

X-Packer users please note, that with the installation of patch 1.02, the offsets of the save has changed.

Please do the following:

1. Open X-Packer and click on settings

2. For both Patch offset increase fields, please enter the value of 125248. 

3. Click on save settings. 

This will compensate for the changes to the save in the new patch. A screenshot is below:

x-packer-2019-patch-1-02.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

X-Packer users please note, that with the installation of patch 1.03, the offsets of the save has changed.

Please do the following:

2. For both Patch offset increase fields, please enter the value of 220480. 

This will compensate for the changes to the save in the new patch

• Thanks 2

X-Packer 2019.2 has been released and emailed to everyone who has donated. Tutorials for the new functionality is below:

Universe Mode Injection

In WWE 2k19, the game manages the wrestler info and movesets independently of each for the exhibition matches, universe 1, 2 and 3.  

If you wish to add wrestlers to the game and want these additional wrestlers to appear in Universe mode, do the following

1.       Please take a full backup of both your save file and misc.pac file.

2.       Open the 64 bit version of X-Packer and click settings

3.       If you are on patch 1.03, enter the value of 220480 in both patch offset increase fields

4.       Set the save changes to universe mode to “yes”.

5.       Click save settings.

6.       Start WWE 2k19 and get to the title screen.

7.       Click File – Open – WWE 2k19 – PC Version – dump memory

8.       Select a folder in which to save the save dump

9.       You will notice that there are now four memory dumps for the wrestler info and movesets. The Universe mode dumps have the word uni1/uni2/uni3 as the extension. DO NOT OPEN the uni1/uni2/uni3 files in X-Packer, only open the the main wrestler info or moveset dumps.

10.   If you want to add a wrestler to the universe mode, open the main wrestler_info_dump.save file. Inject a wrestler info file into a slot which you wish to use. Seeing as though you have the save changes to universe mode set to “yes,” X-Packer will automatically inject the wrestler info into the uni1/uni2/uni3 wrestler info dumps files.

11.   Hit save changes into memory and your wrestler will appear in exhibition mode as well as in all three universe modes.

12.   When working with the movesets, the process is the same as above. However some users have indicated that the misc file is changed when the movesets are injected for the first time. So take a backup of your misc file before opening and making any changes to the moveset dump file. Restore your backup misc file after you have made all changes to the moveset dump.

Please note the following:

-          If you have already added wrestlers to the game prior to this version of X-Packer and want the wrestlers to appear in universe mode, you need to follow the process above and reinject the wrestler info and moveset files. Then hit save changes to memory.

-          The wrestler info and moveset files are managed independently of each other, so X-Packer will only write to the slot which you are injecting into and will not make any other changes to the universe dumps.

-          If you don’t want changes to be save to a particular universe mode, delete that universe dump i.e uni1/2 or 3 before hitting save changes to memory and that universe mode won’t be affected.

A video tutorial is below, sorry about the poor audio quality, my internal mic seems to be giving me issues.

Creation Studio mods

If you are working in photoshop you will need the intel dds plugin to work with dds dxt 10 files. You will also need the Nvidia dds plugin to save the dxt 1 and 4.4.4.4 dds files in the correct format.

Follow the process below to edit the textures in the creation studio pac files.

1.       To determine which pac file corresponds to which item in the creation studio, open casthumb.pac file found in the pac/edit directory.

2.       Each of the SHDC files contained in the caw thumb contains thumbnails for the creation studio categories i.e. Tops, elbow pads, etc

3.       Decompress the contents of each of the SHDC files and change the extension of the extracted files to dds.

4.       The name of the thumbnails are the id the part multiplied by 100. Eg. Tights 2 would be 2 x100 = 200. In Hex 200 = C8 so the theumbnail would be named 00C8.dds.

5.       Now that you have identified which pac file contains the part you wish to work with, copy the appropriate pac file to your computer e.g. tights_00002.pac.

6.       Open the pac file using ctrl+4 and double click the name of the SHDC/PACH file contained.

7.       Decompress the 0000 file, X-Packer will either save this as 0000.pac or 0000.yobj.

8.       Open the 0000 using the File-Open-Pc Pac File-Creation Studio Pac Archive (ctrl+1).

9.       Click on the decompress all button to decompress and extract all the files.

10.   There are usually four textures in the archive and these must be save as follows:

a)       Main texture file (controls the appearance of the item in creation studio): DXT 10 with alpha and no mip maps. I use the intel plugin for this.

b)      Mask (controls the individual colouring of layers. The red, green, blue and alpha channels controls which parts are to be controlled by each layers colour): DDS 4.4.4.4 and no mip maps.

c)       Normal and MR textures: DXT 1 no alpha and no mipmaps.

11.   Inject your textures back into the creation studio archive.

12.   Now you will need to create a new pach file to hold the creation studio file. Click file – new pach archive and select the 0000 file you just injected into. Click create PACH archive.

13.   Open the pac archive you copied from the edit folder e.g. tights_00002.pac and inject the pach archive you created in step 12.

14.   Copy the pac archive back to the appropriate directory. Restart the game.

15.   Optionally, you may want to create a new thumbnail for your edited and inject this into the appropriate casthumb shdc archive. The format for the thumnails is dds dxt1 without mipmaps. I use the compress and inject function when injecting in the SHDC archives in the casthumb file as the SHDC files contains many thumbnails and compress and inject function is much faster than the standard inject. If the compress and inject function does not work for you, you can resize the thumbnail and the game will still read it without issue.

A video tutorial is below, sorry about the poor audio quality, my internal mic seems to be giving me issues.

• Like 1
  • Too Sweet 1
  • Woo 1

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy, still pretty new to all this and I've tried following the tutorials and scoured the forums but can't find an idiots step by step guide on how to extract the model files into something like Maya or 3DS Max. I've even looked for a yobj conversion method or importer add on.

Do I require a copy of X-Rey to do this, or can I do all this within XPacker 2019?

Again, apologies for the noob question

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2018 at 3:45 PM, Gerbles said:

Howdy, still pretty new to all this and I've tried following the tutorials and scoured the forums but can't find an idiots step by step guide on how to extract the model files into something like Maya or 3DS Max. I've even looked for a yobj conversion method or importer add on.

Do I require a copy of X-Rey to do this, or can I do all this within XPacker 2019?

Again, apologies for the noob question

The model file is the 0000 file contained in the wrestler archive. Once you have extracted and decompressed this, you can import the model using the maxscripts I’ve posted on this forum. 

Look under the modding discussion sections of one of the previous years games, can’t recall where I posted exactly. 

Run the max script in 3dsmax to import the model.

once this is done you can export the individual objects to wavefront format and import into Maya, mud box, etc. 

x-Rey is only required if you need to make changes to the model and import it back into the game. 

OMG, this tool might be the one that I needed all along, I'm really considering purchase it from you brother

But may I ask a few question:

1. Will I be able to use this tool to import the older Ch modded file from WWE 2k18 to 2k19, can I convert it, will it be easy?

2. Will I be able to use older Ch model in Universe mode?

3. Will I be able to use this tool to import the render for the custom character (the modded one) in the game?

4. Will I be able to use this tool to import the older files like clip, transition design, match-up screen from older games to 2k19?

Thank you very much, and pls how can I contact you to buy/purchase/support this tool?

Edited by jkdevil

On 1/11/2019 at 9:43 AM, jkdevil said:

OMG, this tool might be the one that I needed all along, I'm really considering purchase it from you brother

But may I ask a few question:

1. Will I be able to use this tool to import the older Ch modded file from WWE 2k18 to 2k19, can I convert it, will it be easy?

Yes you can. Some models need some work to be ported however. I have posted a video tutorial on my youtube channel detailing how to migrate models to 2k19 bases. All models from 2k15 pc cn be used, however you need to do some work in creating new pac files compatible with 2k19. 

2. Will I be able to use older Ch model in Universe mode?

Yes you can, with the latest update to X-Packer injection into universe mode is supported. 

3. Will I be able to use this tool to import the render for the custom character (the modded one) in the game?

If you are adding a wrestler to an unused slot, then no. Added renders to new slots has not been figured out as yet. If you are overwriting an existing wrestler, you can change the render.

4. Will I be able to use this tool to import the older files like clip, transition design, match-up screen from older games to 2k19?

I haven't looked into this personally, so I can't answer you on this question. I have seen modders creating new arena's with new match up screen though. 

Thank you very much, and pls how can I contact you to buy/purchase/support this tool?

You can send me an email at sf4mods@gmail.com and I will assist you further. 

16 hours ago, LordBarker said:

Hi Tekken @tekken57. Do you have updated offsets to take into account the new 1,04 updates please? 

Good morning.

X-Packer users please note, that with the installation of patch 1.04, the offsets of the save has changed.

Please do the following:

2. For both Patch offset increase fields, please enter the value of 257888. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So the values for each of the patch versions to date is as follows:

- no Patch: 0 

- Patch v1.02: 125248

- Patch v1.03: 220480

- Patch v1.04: 257888

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

X-Rey V3 has been released and emailed to everyone who has donated towards X-Rey from the release of the WWE 2k19 i.e. 9 October 2018. 

Please note that X-Rey version 3 is a separate license from X-Rey v2. As stated in the X-Rey v2.7 email, after two and a half years worth of updates for X-Rey v2, end of life ended with version 2.7.

x-rey-3.jpg

What does the program do?:
- Opens yobj model files (New format for now.)
- Previews sub objects of the yobj file
- Applies textures to preview (dds, png, jpg and bmp format)
- Import edited wavefront object files from 3dsmax / blender / mudbox / etc (allowing you to change the shape of models)
- Import texture coordinates from wavefront files
- Export to wavefront object format
- Import animated meshes
- Import  / Export bones
- Import / Export weights
- Fixes muscles on secondary yobj files

New functionality in v3

- Coded functions to fix the muscles of yobj i.e usefull when using a second yobj file for your wrestlers attire

- Coded functions to edit the material effect of objects. Right click the name of the object and select edit materials from the menu. A value of 0 = normal rendering, 4 = metallic effect

- Exporting and importing of weights 

- Adding settings to disable model preview for faster injection of objects. 

- Added setting to diable prompt for injection of animations i.e this is not required for models from 2k18 upwards

- Full support for previewing models with DDS textures. Your dds textures must be named correctly and in the same directory as the model. X-Rey gives priority to textures as follows: png - jpg - bmp - dds. Please note that X-Rey locks the textures when previewing, so if you need to make changes to the textures, close X-Rey first. 

- Fixed mirroring of objects in the viewport

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Been looking into the UFC model format and started coding a viewer. Haven't figured out the uv's as yet, but this is what I have so far:

tyson-xrey.jpg

tyson-max.jpg

Also coded functionality to select which lights are used in the viewport as requested by @Dennis-Bieser

X-Packer 2019.3 has been released. 

Updated functionality:

- DDS preview (double click the dds file in an archive)

- Generation of names for renders (under the utilities menu). Tutorial here: 

• Like 1