Cave Waverider

new version of the Data Editor for WWE 2k19 is now available for download in the top post as well as via the "Check for Data Editor Updates" button in the Data Editor for WWE 2k18 Settings section or the included Update.exe file.

Update Notes:

2019.01.22: Version 2019.0.0.7.1 Alpha
+ DataLists: Updated MovesID.data, EntranceAnimationID.data, VictoryAnimationID.data, AdvancedEntranceMotion*ID.data, EntranceMusicID.data and FromIDs with entries from the Rising Stars DLC Pack.
+ Templates: Added Templates from the Rising Stars DLC Pack.

It's highly recommended to update to this version immediately!

Please post feedback here, be it reports of how the tool is working for you, whether you have any problems, there are mistakes or everything is working smoothly.

Since many of the Data Lists haven't been fully updated yet, it would be great if some of you could update some and then send them to me so I can include them in the next release. You can find them in the Data Editor 2k19\Data\DataLists\ folder. An easy way to update many of the entries may be to load a each .moveset file into Data Editor and see if any of the boxes have missing or wrong names/information. Then go to Data Editor 2k19\Data\DataLists\ and update the respective .data list with a text editor like Notepad (they are named similarly to what the dropdown boxes say). Then upload the .data file somewhere and send me the link. Thank you very much!

This is an alpha version, keep in mind that features and how things work may change drastically until beta still. Test and use it at your own risk.

• Like 1
  • Too Sweet 1

6 hours ago, Hey Yo said:

Is there anyway to extend the width of the scroll down lists? ID numbers get cut off so it awkward to figure out which pac files are needed from previous games

It's possible, albeit a lot of work. Since JComboBox doesn't support this by default, I'd have to write my own code for new dropdown boxes and then go over all my code and replace the old one with the new ones. I'll work on it, hopefully it will be appreciated for a change.

What you might do as a workaround in the meantime, is to go to the Data Editor Settings and untick the checkbox "List Names before IDs in Dropdown Boxes and sort them alphabetically", which will list the ID before the Name in the dropdown boxes and should make it easier to find the IDs. Or you could open whichever .data files from the DataLists folders in a text editor and search through them that way.

new version of the Data Editor for WWE 2k19 is now available for download in the top post as well as via the "Check for Data Editor Updates" button in the Data Editor for WWE 2k18 Settings section or the included Update.exe file.

Update Notes:

2019.01.24: Version 2019.0.0.8.0 Alpha
+ GUI: Replaced Dropdown boxes with custom coded ones that adjust the width of the dropdown lists dynamically according to content so it doesn't get cut off. These boxes also allow the choice of text alignment.
+ Settings: Added a Dropdown box that allows users to choose the alignment of the text in Dropdown Boxes. Default is Left, but you can also use Center or Right (which is handy if you want all the IDs listed all the way to the right when displaying names first).
+ DataLists: Added Maria & Mike Kanellis' hidden Tag Team Entrance and Victory Motions from the Rising Stars Pack DLC to EntranceAnimationID.data and VictoryAnimationID.data respectively.
+ General: Fixed a couple of GUI alignment issues.
+ General: Fixed various minor bugs.

Please post feedback here, be it reports of how the tool is working for you, whether you have any problems, there are mistakes or everything is working smoothly.

Since many of the Data Lists haven't been fully updated yet, it would be great if some of you could update some and then send them to me so I can include them in the next release. You can find them in the Data Editor 2k19\Data\DataLists\ folder. An easy way to update many of the entries may be to load a each .moveset file into Data Editor and see if any of the boxes have missing or wrong names/information. Then go to Data Editor 2k19\Data\DataLists\ and update the respective .data list with a text editor like Notepad (they are named similarly to what the dropdown boxes say). Then upload the .data file somewhere and send me the link. Thank you very much!

This is an alpha version, keep in mind that features and how things work may change drastically until beta still. Test and use it at your own risk.

• Like 1
  • Too Sweet 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, mason44441 said:

I will have to admit pressing update to download the new version again is a annoyance to me, can you not just change it to be more convenient next time?

I will have to admit, that entitled, lazy users are an annoyance to me, can you not just donate enough so I can rent an actual download-capable server with sufficient bandwith for a year and a little bit extra to make it worth my while to spend weeks without sleep so I can implement a better update procedure to be more convenient next time?

;)

• Like 9
  • Haha 1
  • Too Sweet 2
  • Glorious 1
  • Woo 2

22 hours ago, mason44441 said:

I will have to admit pressing update to download the new version again is a annoyance to me, can you not just change it to be more convenient next time?

wow really???be glad he took time to even create the tool for us to use,without these great modders we wouldnt even have the ability to add on to these games,these people take thier spare time to make things easier for us,comments like this are why some quit projects,cave i for one am glad that u continue to work on this and i am very greatful

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Woo 1

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude, I just realized that Data Editor has a match editor now(I haven't really played much since 2k17) and it's now possible to create a 6-man HIAC elimination falls count anywhere match 0_0........ you are my hero!  (BTW if you eliminate someone on top they just stay up there and watch the match :D)  I can't thank you enough for all the time you've put into this, people like you, @pozzum, @TheVisitorX, @Perfectplex, etc make this game SO much better! https://imgur.com/a/sabm5pT

Edited by WhereTheFdidTheEgo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Loving Data Editor this year.  It seems like this year's game is far more stable than previous years.  I have an inquiry about injecting into slots belonging to other wrestlers like....Bannock's Tetsuya Naito which is slotted for Ricky Steamboat's slot.  I'm wondering, to get the announcer to not say Steamboat's name, do I just need to change the "announcer" setting in the POFO file?  Or is there another tutorial step I am missing??

Edited by The Brand

3 hours ago, The Brand said:

Loving Data Editor this year.  It seems like this year's game is far more stable than previous years.  I have an inquiry about injecting into slots belonging to other wrestlers like....Bannock's Tetsuya Naito which is slotted for Ricky Steamboat's slot.  I'm wondering, to get the announcer to not say Steamboat's name, do I just need to change the "announcer" setting in the POFO file?  Or is there another tutorial step I am missing??

Yes.

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, The Brand said:

If you mean the ring announcer, you'll have to replace the sound files with Sound Editor.
If you mean the commentators, then changing the Commentary ID with Data Editor is supposed to work, although it seems that in WWE 2k19 there are issues with that at times as the game seems to often or even always ignore/override this .pofo setting this year.
If it isn't working for you, your best bet is to replace all the commentary sound files for that slot with Sound Editor (you'll likely have to find the right entries first, however, not sure if anybody has mapped them out yet). 

• Like 1

Update Notes:

2019.01.28: Version 2019.0.0.8.1 Alpha
+ DataLists: Added updated MovesID.data courtesy of @XfallofparadiseX with latest modded Moves from @squaredcirclefan's Ported Moves Pack and various fixes.

• Like 2
  • Yes! 1

Update Notes:

2019.02.28: Version 2019.0.0.8.2 Alpha
+ DataLists: Corrected a couple of redundant entries in WrestlerID.data and TitantronID.data. Changed MatchID.data to only list 50 Custom Matches which is the limit in WWE 2k19 and fixed a couple of typos in other DataLists.

• Like 1

Sorry but between CCT and this I don't know where would be the best place to ask.

In CCT, in the CAW section, I can add a tron. Now if I load up the CAWs pofo in Data Editor, the wrestler id list does not list the CAWs, preventing assignment.

I take it that hasn't been mastered yet or am i missing something?

Apologies if it's been asked before, I was searching and couldn't find anything.

12 hours ago, dobbies said:

Sorry but between CCT and this I don't know where would be the best place to ask.

In CCT, in the CAW section, I can add a tron. Now if I load up the CAWs pofo in Data Editor, the wrestler id list does not list the CAWs, preventing assignment.

I take it that hasn't been mastered yet or am i missing something?

Apologies if it's been asked before, I was searching and couldn't find anything.

They are there. Assuming you are listing names first in Data Editor, just look for CAW in the Wrestler ID dropdown menu. If you have used the Edit with Data Editor feature in CCT, then the actual name of your CAW should be listed there instead. Read the Data Editor Tutorial on the topic on how to do that (read the Data Editor for WWE 2k19 Tutorials in general to learn more about how to use Data Editor in conjunction with CCT to the fullest). And of course, don't forget to update both Data Editor and CCT to the latest version in case there are some problems with older ones.

7 minutes ago, Cave Waverider said:

They are there. Assuming you are listing names first in Data Editor, just look for CAW in the Wrestler ID dropdown menu. If you have used the Edit with Data Editor feature in CCT, then the actual name of your CAW should be listed there instead. Read the Data Editor Tutorial on the topic on how to do that (read the Data Editor for WWE 2k19 Tutorials in general to learn more about how to use Data Editor in conjunction with CCT to the fullest). And of course, don't forget to update both Data Editor and CCT to the latest version in case there are some problems with older ones.

That's pretty much what I've been doing (i think lol). I realised I wrote POFO and the I meant Moveset apologies.

I can always find the CAW slot (or name via CCT) in the name field in .moveset. But when I drop down to assign the slot number it's that list that I can't find. The first tron on the list is Arena Movie and then a load of created video slots before The Rock starts the normal mod slots. That's more what I meant.

Thanks for getting back to me, in work at the moment so will try later on when I get home.

45 minutes ago, dobbies said:

That's pretty much what I've been doing (i think lol). I realised I wrote POFO and the I meant Moveset apologies.

I can always find the CAW slot (or name via CCT) in the name field in .moveset. But when I drop down to assign the slot number it's that list that I can't find. The first tron on the list is Arena Movie and then a load of created video slots before The Rock starts the normal mod slots. That's more what I meant.

Thanks for getting back to me, in work at the moment so will try later on when I get home.

The game can only use ent_ trons with IDs 100-999 (and tag_ 0000 upwards which translates to 1000 internally). The Created Videos are videos you create with the Create a Video feature in the game. I'm not sure why CCT allows the import of 0000-0099 for CAWs. It might be an oversight with CCT that I'm sure @TheVisitorX will fix in an upcoming version.
So yeah, just use valid tron Ids instead (don't forget that they must be supported for the titantron fix).