Cave Waverider

The last Data editor I used was for 2k17, and this one is a tiny bit different. I saw that in the files folder there's pofos and movesets from previous games. I load it in, DE tells me the usual, its from a different game, etc, etc. Now how much of those old ones can be used? Ex..Billy gunn's Pofo-Moveset from 2K17 into Alexa Bliss's slot. 

Is there a easy way to check in this program which items would be missing, or wrong, or whatever.

Sorry I found the folder with previous pofos and movesets in it right before work so I didn't get a chance to play with it.

6 hours ago, SnakeSlippers said:

The last Data editor I used was for 2k17, and this one is a tiny bit different. I saw that in the files folder there's pofos and movesets from previous games. I load it in, DE tells me the usual, its from a different game, etc, etc. Now how much of those old ones can be used? Ex..Billy gunn's Pofo-Moveset from 2K17 into Alexa Bliss's slot. 

Is there a easy way to check in this program which items would be missing, or wrong, or whatever

Sorry I found the folder with previous pofos and movesets in it right before work so I didn't get a chance to play with it.

As the warning states, I won't lend support for this experimental feature as it can cause various problems that can be rather severe. It's an experimental feature that's there as a bonus for advanced users. There is no easy way to see what's missing or set differently, you'll have to go over everything manually.
Even if everything looks right in Data Editor, there might be some unknown incompatible values in the rest of the file that cause problems in other games (especially with the .moveset file - although I have recently improved the process a bit so it is a bit less error prone in the newest Data Editor versions compared to before). It will usually be best to re-create the files in the latest version of Data Editor from scratch. But if you want to experiment and see if and how importing and converting older files via Data works, feel free to do so, just make sure you make a backup of your save game beforehand so you can revert to it when the injected converted files cause any trouble. Also, don't spread any files converted this way, as there may be unknown issues that may not be apparent right away.

14 hours ago, Matt6sic6 said:

Will we be able to edit the moveset of our myplayer? His name doesn't come up in the lIst currently. I also thought it may be under "Buzz" but no such luck.

While I haven't tried, editing .pofo and .moveset of a MyPlayer CAW should be possible with Data Editor just like any other characters (although I'm not sure which ID it uses, so there might have to be manual adjustments). Extract and injecting it is another matter altrogether that you'll have to ask the makers of injection/extraction tools about in their threads.

18 hours ago, Cave Waverider said:

As the warning states, I won't lend support for this experimental feature as it can cause various problems that can be rather severe. It's an experimental feature that's there as a bonus for advanced users. There is no easy way to see what's missing or set differently, you'll have to go over everything manually.
Even if everything looks right in Data Editor, there might be some unknown incompatible values in the rest of the file that cause problems in other games (especially with the .moveset file - although I have recently improved the process a bit so it is a bit less error prone in the newest Data Editor versions compared to before). It will usually be best to re-create the files in the latest version of Data Editor from scratch. But if you want to experiment and see if and how importing and converting older files via Data works, feel free to do so, just make sure you make a backup of your save game beforehand so you can revert to it when the injected converted files cause any trouble. Also, don't spread any files converted this way, as there may be unknown issues that may not be apparent right away.

Yea figured. Knew it was too good to be true lol. I been having trouble finding any pofo's/movesets then I found that folder and thought jackpot. I wouldn't be any good doing things from scratch. I don't know people's moves like that. I know a finisher or taunt but that's about it. I'll just wait till some more mods come out. Thanks anyways tho. 

• 2 weeks later...

What the heck bro? After I updated the editor to the newest version, it says my .exe is not compatible and only Steam supported? Why only Steam? Why does it matter which version of the game we brought it from? You do know Steam is not the only pc gaming market right? May I get a link to a previous version so that I can continue to use it por favor?

53 minutes ago, The Phapper said:

What the heck bro? After I updated the editor to the newest version, it says my .exe is not compatible and only Steam supported? Why only Steam? Why does it matter which version of the game we brought it from? You do know Steam is not the only pc gaming market right? May I get a link to a previous version so that I can continue to use it por favor?

WWE 2k19 for PC is available only on Steam.

On 12/10/2018 at 9:48 PM, Cave Waverider said:

WWE 2k19 for PC is available only on Steam.

Apparently not 😏

https://keen-shop.com/products/wwe-2k19-pc-digital-download?variant=27730102845526&currency=USD&gclid=Cj0KCQiAno_uBRC1ARIsAB496IVwjvNzHvwrteAktZ7NdtStUVqpqvhiLKbzbvWsIoFpryFOheZx0UkaApTcEALw_wcB

Edited by The Phapper

28 minutes ago, _HiBye_ said:

didn't see anyone mention it yet, but is there anything you need to do to make the tool compatible after the 1.03 update?

Not from a core functionality standpoint, no. Data Editor doesn't operate on game memory, so it doesn't typically require any changes for each patch to work.
That said, various Data Lists would have to be updated with names that are added with the update (and any user can help me with that, too), but in most cases things would just display the ID (Only in the case of moves it would say undefined if the move ID isn't known to Data Editor, but it would still save the unknown ID correctly). Plus, any user can easily update the Data Lists themselves using a text editor. Thus from a usability/convenience standpoint (or if you want to set stuff from the new update) an update of the Data Lists to 1.03 specifications may be most desireable. Another case where an update would be needed would be if the files Data Editor operates (for the attire unlocker, for example) on are updated (but it's highly unlikely in this case, as these files aren't usually updated). There will definitely be an update shortly after 1.03 hits, possibly just for Data Lists, but it will likely also include various tweaks and fixes as well.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2018 at 7:28 PM, Cave Waverider said:

Not from a core functionality standpoint, no. Data Editor doesn't operate on game memory, so it doesn't typically require any changes for each patch to work.
That said, various Data Lists would have to be updated with names that are added with the update (and any user can help me with that, too), but in most cases things would just display the ID (Only in the case of moves it would say undefined if the move ID isn't known to Data Editor, but it would still save the unknown ID correctly). Plus, any user can easily update the Data Lists themselves using a text editor. Thus from a usability/convenience standpoint (or if you want to set stuff from the new update) an update of the Data Lists to 1.03 specifications may be most desireable. Another case where an update would be needed would be if the files Data Editor operates (for the attire unlocker, for example) on are updated (but it's highly unlikely in this case, as these files aren't usually updated). There will definitely be an update shortly after 1.03 hits, possibly just for Data Lists, but it will likely also include various tweaks and fixes as well.

hello why moveset not work

Tried downloading the newest update today

Dangerous File Blocked

The file you attempted to download was determined to be dangerous. For your protection, MediaFire does not enable distribution of dangerous files.

Still have questions, or think we've made a mistake? Please contact support for further assistance.

le sigh v_v

12 hours ago, thornado said:

Tried downloading the newest update today

Dangerous File Blocked

The file you attempted to download was determined to be dangerous. For your protection, MediaFire does not enable distribution of dangerous files.

Still have questions, or think we've made a mistake? Please contact support for further assistance.

MediaFire seems to be having problems with their new virus scanning functionality which seems to spit out lots of false positives for "unknown files" at the moment and prevents their download. I've temporarily moved the download to a different site until I find a more permanent solution. The link and updater should correctly point to the new download now. Please try again and let me know if everything worked properly.

• Like 1

new version of the Data Editor for WWE 2k19 is now available for download in the top post as well as via the "Check for Data Editor Updates" button in the Data Editor for WWE 2k18 Settings section or the included Update.exe file.

Update Notes:

2018.12.22: Version 2019.0.0.5.1 Alpha
+ Settings: Fixed alignment issues of several GUI Elements.
+ DataLists: Updated MovesID.data, TitantronID.data, EntranceAnimationID.data, VictoryAnimationID.data and EntranceMusicID.data with new data for the New Moves Pack DLC.

It's highly recommended to update to this version immediately.

Please post feedback here, be it reports of how the tool is working for you, whether you have any problems, there are mistakes or everything is working smoothly.

Since many of the Data Lists haven't been updated yet, it would be great if some of you could update some and then send them to me so I can include them in the next release. You can find them in the Data Editor 2k19\Data\DataLists\ folder. An easy way to update many of the entries may be to load a each .moveset file into Data Editor and see if any of the boxes have missing or wrong names/information. Then go to Data Editor 2k19\Data\DataLists\ and update the respective .data list with a text editor like Notepad (they are named similarly to what the dropdown boxes say). Then upload the .data file somewhere and send me the link. Thank you very much!

This is an early alpha version, keep in mind that features and how things work may change drastically until beta still. Test and use it at your own risk.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, matt2282p said:

Will this have an option to rebuild the def or something similar to that.  I think some people are having an issue with the new 1.3 2k19 update not working for them. 

Sadly not. Java is too inefficient in indexing files and folders for it to work in an acceptable timeframe (especially under Windows).

That said, Custom Character Tools 2019 will come with a smart .def rebuilder. It shouldn't be long until it is released.

• Glorious 1

4 hours ago, The Phapper said:

Hey, is there a way to edit the pofo of a custom superstar.

You can export the .pofo and .moveset of a Created Superstar with your tool of choice (CCT 2019 should be out fairly soon) just like you would that of a regular Wrestler (except the name settings which are overridden by the actual Created Superstar names), load it into Data Editor, edit it, save it and import it back to the game.

4 hours ago, Cave Waverider said:

You can export the .pofo and .moveset of a Created Superstar with your tool of choice (CCT 2019 should be out fairly soon) just like you would that of a regular Wrestler (except the name settings which are overridden by the actual Created Superstar names), load it into Data Editor, edit it, save it and import it back to the game.

Okay sounds simple, thanks. Just have to wait for the CCT.

new version of the Data Editor for WWE 2k19 is now available for download in the top post as well as via the "Check for Data Editor Updates" button in the Data Editor for WWE 2k18 Settings section or the included Update.exe file.

Update Notes:

2018.12.27: Version 2019.0.0.6.0 Alpha
+ General: Prepared Data Editor for WWE 2k19 for the pending release of Custom Character Tools 2019.
+ Settings: Added a Dropdown box labeled Startup Tab that allows the user to select the default tab that will be selected when they start Data Editor (this selection can still be overridden by command line arguments).
+ General: Changed the startup tab to the Tools, Help, Tutorials, Info, Downloads & Settings by default.
+ DataLists: Added SlotID.data with WrestlerIds in Slot numbers.
+ .pofo Editor: The Slot Number is now set according to SlotID.data when saving a .pofo file.
+ .moveset Editor: Added Ground, Kneeling and Sitting Moves to Weight Detection and Opponent Ringside Run vs. Downed Opponent to Apron to Moves Editor.

It's highly recommended to update to this version immediately.

Also, it's very much recommended to load any .pofo files created with an older version of Data Editor for WWE 2k19 into the latest version and re-save them to fix potential problems that may have been caused by wrongly set SlotIDs from previous versions.

Please post feedback here, be it reports of how the tool is working for you, whether you have any problems, there are mistakes or everything is working smoothly.

Since many of the Data Lists haven't been updated yet, it would be great if some of you could update some and then send them to me so I can include them in the next release. You can find them in the Data Editor 2k19\Data\DataLists\ folder. An easy way to update many of the entries may be to load a each .moveset file into Data Editor and see if any of the boxes have missing or wrong names/information. Then go to Data Editor 2k19\Data\DataLists\ and update the respective .data list with a text editor like Notepad (they are named similarly to what the dropdown boxes say). Then upload the .data file somewhere and send me the link. Thank you very much!

This is an early alpha version, keep in mind that features and how things work may change drastically until beta still. Test and use it at your own risk.

• Like 2
  • Glorious 1

Hey I want to ask something. When I use the data editor to boost durability points of superstars, they're health in game would decrease a bit, but then will restore and become unlimited. Can you look into that? And thanks

14 minutes ago, The Phapper said:

Hey I want to ask something. When I use the data editor to boost durability points of superstars, they're health in game would decrease a bit, but then will restore and become unlimited. Can you look into that? And thanks

I haven't seen that happen yet, but I don't add high values to durability. It's either the way the game treats these high values or your save game is corrupted in some way (this can happen if you mess around with various values in cheat engine or use a trainer of sorts). Try setting it to a lower value (something that in-game superstars use) and see if that helps. If not, you might want to try to backup your save game and start a fresh one to test if it still happens.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Cave Waverider said:

I haven't seen that happen yet, but I don't add high values to durability. It's either the way the game treats these high values or your save game is corrupted in some way (this can happen if you mess around with various values in cheat engine or use a trainer of sorts). Try setting it to a lower value (something that in-game superstars use) and see if that helps. If not, you might want to try to backup your save game and start a fresh one to test if it still happens.

Yeah, anything 129 and under works normally, just not 130+. I also tried a new save as well and still the same problem. A month ago or something, it worked when I bumped durability up to 200 and it works normally, but maybe it's the new 1.03 that capped it hmm not sure. Anyways, thanks for the hella fast reply lol