Custom Character Tools 2019 [Released: Version 1.3.1.0 Beta]

TheVisitorX

21 minutes ago, ryanbill33 said:

so when will the first version be out will it be before or after christmas 

I think, Christmas would be a good "reason" for a first version.. let yourself be surprised ;).

• Like 5
  • Too Sweet 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Glorious 2
  • Yes! 4
  • Woo 1

I have added the last missing features, including export to Data Editor. But there's is still one problem left... CCT 2019 uses an older Oodle library (dll version 5) to add the new compression for superstar renders. I have some issues with the current version, which comes with 2K19, so I can't use this version for now.

But the real problem is... I can't ship CCT 2019 with this dll, because this library is owned by RAD.  So to make it work for all, I have 3 options:

- Find a way to make it work with version 6
- Revert all changes and go back to zlib
- Force users to download this dll from the internet (or copy it from another game which still uses version 5)

Edited by TheVisitorX

.....................HEY YO!

Everyone reach down deep in their pockets and scrounge together some...BEER!  ... MONEY!

N' (Worlds Strongest) SLAM that DONATE Button for TheVisitorX's work during D-XMAS! 

Send This Good Brother a couple Steveweisers!.....and thats all I Got-Ta Sayabout that!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ryanbill33 said:

I think you should let us download this dll from the internet or copy it from another game which still uses version 5

The problem with this solution is that not everyone has installed a game that uses this version. Theoretically, the download of this dll should be prohibited, too :/.

Maybe I can get some help from the developer of "Oddle Tools", which is working fine with version 6. But don't worry, there will be a solution. Maybe I will add the render injector tool later.

Edited by TheVisitorX

I'm actually really really hoping to be able to use render injection on your release...like donation-making hoping! Hope you can find a way, I honestly think considering the demographic here it'd be just fine if you just let us figure out how to obtain an older version dll, while you work on the newer (and not presumably not copyrighted?) version. Happy holiday and I really appreciate what you do, keep rocking!

6 hours ago, TheVisitorX said:

I have added the last missing features, including export to Data Editor. But there's is still one problem left... CCT 2019 uses an older Oodle library (dll version 5) to add the new compression for superstar renders. I have some issues with the current version, which comes with 2K19, so I can't use this version for now.

But the real problem is... I can't ship CCT 2019 with this dll, because this library is owned by RAD.  So to make it work for all, I have 3 options:

- Find a way to make it work with version 6
- Revert all changes and go back to zlib
- Force users to download this dll from the internet (or copy it from another game which still uses version 5)

Maybe you could add a Setting to allow the user to switch between Zlib (standard) or Oodle (requires a .dll supplied by the advanced user for now, until you figure out how to do it with version 6) for the time being.

5 hours ago, TheVisitorX said:

Maybe I can get some help from the developer of "Oddle Tools", which is working fine with version 6. But don't worry, there will be a solution. Maybe I will add the render injector tool later.

Hopefully @brienj (who doesn't seem to have been online on this site since the beginning of November) and/or others with the knowledge can help you figure out how to get it working with the version 6 .dll as well so you can make that option the default one in a future version instead.

Or just use Zlib for now, as long as it works, it shouldn't be a problem.

• Like 2

You know in all honesty, I wouldn't mind waiting for a complete version of CCT. However, what would make the wait infinitely better would be to have a minimalistic version with a DEF Rebuilder so we can all get back to modding on the regular. That's the meat and potatoes of it all

• Like 1

First, I want to say a really big THANK YOU to all people who have donated in the last few days. I really appreciate that and it helps and motivates me a lot!

Second, I wish you and your families Merry Christmas!

As a last note...

I HAVE FINALLY FIXED THE ISSUE WITH THE CURRENT OODLE VERSION!

That means, the dll from 2K19 is now working!!

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 4
  • Too Sweet 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Glorious 2
  • Yes! 2
  • Woo 2

Okay, guys, you have now the chance to get a beta version. I'm still looking for a small number of testers before I release that version to the public.

But, the following criteria should be fulfilled:

- You own the original game in the current version (1.03)
- You are familiar with modding and know how to "fix" the game if necessary
- You are familiar with CCT
- Technical understanding
- You provide feedback on the beta version, which I need for a public release

Please leave me a message if you think that applies to you (and only then).

• Like 4
  • Too Sweet 1

1 hour ago, TheVisitorX said:

Okay, guys, you have now the chance to get a beta version. I'm still looking for a small number of testers before I release that version to the public.

But, the following criteria should be fulfilled:

- You own the original game in the current version (1.03)
- You are familiar with modding and know how to "fix" the game if necessary
- You are familiar with CCT
- Technical understanding
- You provide feedback on the beta version, which I need for a public release

Please leave me a message if you think that applies to you (and only then).

I'm familiar with it, i would appreciate it, merry xmas

• Like 1

9小时前,TheVisitorX说:

我现在有足够的测试人员。非常感谢所有给我留言的人。我很快就会回信。

Expect this tool to be released as scheduled.
I wish you every success in your work.
Good luck