Custom Character Tools 2019 [Released: Version 1.3.1.0 Beta]

TheVisitorX

33 minutes ago, superkickparty said:

I'm experiencing a problem some others have said they were experiencing a few versions ago - the names etc. of the Rising Stars DLC characters are blank, as if they have no pofos. I checked which version of CCT I'm using and it's the latest v1.2.1.0 so not sure why I'm having this problem.

It's a fresh install of WWE 2K19, with SuperString and Perfect Plextra installed using this same version of CCT. I've cleared Chunk0.arc and regenerated Chunk0.def (and the backups for these are in a completely separate folder outside of the game directory).

Is there anything else I might have missed?

Have you used WrestlePlus? If so, that might be your issue.

Try to rebuild the Chunk0.def file using CCT's Chunk Tools->Regenerate Chunk0.def (while the game isn't running) and see if that helps.
If not, start the game and edit the .pofo and .moveset files with Data Editor (in CCT, right click on each DLC character, then Edit->Data Editor) and see if they are in order. If they aren't, try to load the default .pofo and .moveset files for these superstars from the Templates folders and click the Install via CCT button.
But if they are, the issue is likely with the SuperString either being the wrong version or there being a conflict. Try to open Chunk0.def and search for string_win.pac. There should only be one entry, and it should point to \mods\SuperString\pac\string\win\string_win.pac and make sure you have the latest version of that (CCT should be able to install it via Install Mods->Install "SuperString" menu entry - if it's greyed out, delete the \mods\SuperString folder first).

19 hours ago, Cave Waverider said:

Have you used WrestlePlus? If so, that might be your issue.

Try to rebuild the Chunk0.def file using CCT's Chunk Tools->Regenerate Chunk0.def (while the game isn't running) and see if that helps.
If not, start the game and edit the .pofo and .moveset files with Data Editor (in CCT, right click on each DLC character, then Edit->Data Editor) and see if they are in order. If they aren't, try to load the default .pofo and .moveset files for these superstars from the Templates folders and click the Install via CCT button.
But if they are, the issue is likely with the SuperString either being the wrong version or there being a conflict. Try to open Chunk0.def and search for string_win.pac. There should only be one entry, and it should point to \mods\SuperString\pac\string\win\string_win.pac and make sure you have the latest version of that (CCT should be able to install it via Install Mods->Install "SuperString" menu entry - if it's greyed out, delete the \mods\SuperString folder first).

Ahh I opened up Data Editor as you suggested, using Ricochet to test, and noticed that Ricochet wasn't even an option the drop down list for "Wrestler ID", so I figured I must be using an old version of Data Editor. I updated to the latest version and somehow that fixed the problem, didn't need to actually edit anything. Thanks for your help!

Anyone know the best way to get rid of miscellaneous POFOs?  For example i have 3 Keith Lee's showing in my universe. Only 1 of them works, the other 2 crash the game.  I have tried uninstalling Keith Lee slot using this tool but for some reason 3 show up. Not sure who/why the others are.  Is there way to simply get rid of the others?

Edited by myk13

16 minutes ago, myk13 said:

Anyone know the best way to get rid of miscellaneous POFOs?  For example i have 3 Keith Lee's showing in my universe. Only 1 of them works, the other 2 crash the game.  I have tried uninstalling Keith Lee slot using this tool but for some reason 3 show up. Not sure who/why the others are.  Is there way to simply get rid of the others?

This means you've installed the same .pofo (and possibly .moveset) into three different slots and Wrestler IDs. Naturally, those that don't have a .pac file associated with it will crash the game. You'll have to figure out which slots you injected them in and use the Uninstall option on these slots. Figuring out which ones they are may be tricky. You could try to simply uninstall any slots you think may be a possibility.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

I am new to this programs so can anyone point me to how install .match file into the game with this tool ?

I did the match type within the data editor tool and used ( send it to CCt ) but from there i can't find the match in the game !! 

Hi all. First of all thanks for this great tool. I would like to ask a question about the imported renders. Is it possible to use the imported dds file as a default image for all alternative attires i create or is it locked to the original one? Right now, when i change the attire in the universe mode the render changes as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Edited by Chosen88

Just a quick note to confirm that there will be a new CCT build which will support renders for custom slots / attires, soon. A special thanks to @HanleysFramer because that feature would not be possible without people like him sharing their knowledge!!

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Glorious 1
  • Yes! 1

Version 1.3.0.0 with support for custom renders has been released as a beta version (only via update tool)! Feel free to test... Hopefully it runs fine. Maybe there are some caching issues with this because I don't remove the references in the ltag files.

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Glorious 2

As always, you're the man Visitor. I can't believe you implemented this so quickly!!

A bit of feedback. Custom Type B renders seem to be cut off in the My WWE page.

Here I have Hollywood Hogan installed to slot 476 with a new custom render but it's cut off: https://ibb.co/RzvLYmn 

2i0ap2c.jpg 

However, my Type B renders are designed to appear fully in any select screen (when I had Hollywood overwriting Valentine recently, it appeared fully):

izvwqt.jpg

Other Type B renders display fine and are not cut off:

t7myko.jpg

In addition, now with the Default setting in Attire when uploading renders, any new superstar renders added via Type B will have this same problem (for example, if I upload a new Type B for The Rock, it's cut off whereas before it wasn't). Also, it doesn't prompt to overwrite if installing a new Type B in a default slot. I'm hoping this can be fixed!! It's amazing we finally have this functionality!!!

Edited by Clarityman

37 minutes ago, Clarityman said:

As always, you're the man Visitor. I can't believe you implemented this so quickly!!

A bit of feedback. Custom Type B renders seem to be cut off in the My WWE page.

Here I have Hollywood Hogan installed to slot 476 with a new custom render but it's cut off: https://ibb.co/RzvLYmn 

2i0ap2c.jpg 

However, my Type B renders are designed to appear fully in any select screen (when I had Hollywood overwriting Valentine recently, it appeared fully):

izvwqt.jpg

Other Type B renders display fine and are not cut off:

t7myko.jpg

In addition, now with the Default setting in Attire when uploading renders, any new superstar renders added via Type B will have this same problem (for example, if I upload a new Type B for The Rock, it's cut off whereas before it wasn't). Also, it doesn't prompt to overwrite if installing a new Type B in a default slot. I'm hoping this can be fixed!! It's amazing we finally have this functionality!!!

Thank you for your feedback. If I understand you correctly, you have this problem with any render imported with the new CCT version, right? This cut off should be easy to fix, I think it is because CCT sets the size of the file to a wrong/too small value. I've had that problem a long time ago and it was because of a wrong calculated size. It simply stops reading before the file actually ends. Could you upload an example? I will fix this when I'm back from work. I will also fix the message box. Both fixes should be ready really soon. 

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Thanks 1

Sure thing. Here's a Type B render for Dana Brooke that I added to her default slot.

2cmmz3p.jpg

Here's the Type B DDS I used, and prior to replacing it with the latest version of CCT, the image appeared correctly.

29dk7r8.jpg

It also seems under the current conditions, Type B renders are slightly bigger than they were, though perhaps that's to be expected if the sizing is a bit off.

1 hour ago, Clarityman said:

Sure thing. Here's a Type B render for Dana Brooke that I added to her default slot.

Here's the Type B DDS I used, and prior to replacing it with the latest version of CCT, the image appeared correctly.

It also seems under the current conditions, Type B renders are slightly bigger than they were, though perhaps that's to be expected if the sizing is a bit off.

I believe it might be helpful to send him the actual .dds file and the .pac file that CCT created from it so he can have a look what's missing in the converted one vs. the proper one. :)

Hi @TheVisitorX,

Thank you and @HanleysFramer very much for this great addition to this phenomenal tool. It saves a lot of work, cause no need for swapping superstars anymore.
I also have the same problem like @Clarityman with the type B renders.

I also have a Problem with replacing existing custom renders. Weeks ago i put Alberto del Rio to the Slot of El Mago (764) and Ax to the slot of King Booker (108) and gave both a new fitting render. Today, after updating to the new version of the tool, i wanted to put in new (better) renders for both of the slots, but the old type B render of slot 764 can not be replaced, in game i still see the old one for type B, type A works. Slot 108 works after starting the game two times but here i have the same cut of problem as @Clarityman, but with the type A render. On both slots i use only the first attire and both don't have alternative attires.

16 minutes ago, Norulf793 said:

Hi @TheVisitorX,

Thank you and @HanleysFramer very much for this great addition to this phenomenal tool. It saves a lot of work, cause no need for swapping superstars anymore.
I also have the same problem like @Clarityman with the type B renders.

I also have a Problem with replacing existing custom renders. Weeks ago i put Alberto del Rio to the Slot of El Mago (764) and Ax to the slot of King Booker (108) and gave both a new fitting render. Today, after updating to the new version of the tool, i wanted to put in new (better) renders for both of the slots, but the old type B render of slot 764 can not be replaced, in game i still see the old one for type B, type A works. Slot 108 works after starting the game two times but here i have the same cut of problem as @Clarityman, but with the type A render. On both slots i use only the first attire and both don't have alternative attires.

Make sure that you've deleted the old render before adding a new one. The file names are different in the new version, so the old render will not be replaced by CCT. The same could happen because the new version doesn't delete the old references in the original ltag files as the old version did. Maybe I have to find another solution for that.

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 1

@TheVisitorX Hi again dude, so I've deleted all my omega renders, started fresh, injected with CCT two renders into default attire which is 49200.pac and attire 2 which is 49201.pac deleted the old locations in the def and just have the following now

pac\menu\win\assets\wwe19_singleread\texture\ssface\custom_typea\049201.pac
pac\menu\win\assets\wwe19_singleread\texture\ssface\custom_typeb\049201.pac
pac\menu\win\assets\wwe19_singleread\texture\ssface\custom_typea\049200.pac
pac\menu\win\assets\wwe19_singleread\texture\ssface\custom_typeb\049200.pac

I'll now load the game and see if it works

Definitely not working dude, it just show's Kenny Omega with the default attire render for all his attires when using CCT

16 minutes ago, Jimmycrane1986 said:

@TheVisitorX Hi again dude, so I've deleted all my omega renders, started fresh, injected with CCT two renders into default attire which is 49200.pac and attire 2 which is 49201.pac deleted the old locations in the def and just have the following now

pac\menu\win\assets\wwe19_singleread\texture\ssface\custom_typea\049201.pac
pac\menu\win\assets\wwe19_singleread\texture\ssface\custom_typeb\049201.pac
pac\menu\win\assets\wwe19_singleread\texture\ssface\custom_typea\049200.pac
pac\menu\win\assets\wwe19_singleread\texture\ssface\custom_typeb\049200.pac

I'll now load the game and see if it works

Definitely not working dude, it just show's Kenny Omega with the default attire render for all his attires when using CCT

Try to comment out (with #) or delete (make a backup) all ltag_typea and b files (the original file archives) from the def file and let me know if it's working.

Edited by TheVisitorX

that's the thing @TheVisitorX I don't have any of those of the ltag_typea and typeb entries in my def file. Just seems that when i use the render tool from kaa it works.

I did however inject a few renders into kane's 107 slot with CCT that works fine. could it be due to a modded wrestler slot?

13 minutes ago, Jimmycrane1986 said:

that's the thing @TheVisitorX I don't have any of those of the ltag_typea and typeb entries in my def file. Just seems that when i use the render tool from kaa it works.

I did however inject a few renders into kane's 107 slot with CCT that works fine. could it be due to a modded wrestler slot?

It's working fine here with some modded slots I've tested (Slot 475 for example). But wait... If you don't have the ltag files in your def file, how can you see the renders? They are all listed in the chunk def file?! The problem is the following:

With the old CCT version CCT has changed the reference in the original ltag pac file, so that the game can't take it from there.

With the new CCT release it does not change the original files any more. That means it is possible that the game still reads the original file.

To know if that is the case, please delete all renders you have from your def file, so that the game cannot read any render related things from there. Only leave  the new created renders with CCT intact. If it's working that way, I have to delete the references. If it's still not working, I will have a look. Maybe not all slots are working with that hash.

Please - in that case- send me a pac file for internal testing. I will write you back when I'm back from work.

Edited by TheVisitorX

right i've backed my def file and deleted all references apart from the CCT renders gonna load the game and see what happens

right so just having 010701, 010702 for kane in the def file, worked

and I just have 049200 and 049201 but i checked omega and only his default attire is showing up for all attires

• Thanks 1

@TheVisitorX I had a problem with a blank Adam Cole curiously and the game crashed in exhibition match character's selection, or in my WWE in main menu too. I've just re-inject the original ch.PAC files with CCT, the original moveset too.

But now my render is curiously cut ^^, see the comparison with ACH for example.

6ktycdfh2zbz2hbzg.jpg

9uqwetq249bgv4dzg.jpg

In the last CCT version the render was full.

It's just for information, It would really appreciated to fix this detail :) 

Thanks again for your work.

Ben

2 minutes ago, BlackBen83 said:

@TheVisitorX I had a problem with a blank Adam Cole curiously and the game crashed in exhibition match character's selection, or in my WWE in main menu too. I've just re-inject the original ch.PAC files with CCT, the original moveset too.

But now my render is curiously cut ^^, see the comparison with ACH for example.

In the last CCT version the render was full.

It's just for information, It would really appreciated to fix this detail :) 

Thanks again for your work.

Ben

This issue will be fixed in the next version :).

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Cave Waverider said:

I believe it might be helpful to send him the actual .dds file and the .pac file that CCT created from it so he can have a look what's missing in the converted one vs. the proper one. :)

Well why didn't anybody say so??? You all may be computer geniuses, but I'm an English teacher who sucks at computers, and I demand precision of language!!!

Just kidding guys. Here's the link! https://www.mediafire.com/file/9djx5gmle4ya661/Type_B_Examples.7z/file

• Like 1