Sound Editor 2019 [Discontinued]

TheVisitorX

2 minutes ago, TheVisitorX said:

- Version 1.1.0.1 has been released, which changes the internal update-server to a better and faster one

Does this replace the download link in the original post?

It does replace the link (the link will be the same, the internal link has been updated), but it's also available via both updaters (old and new). New should show a popup update notification.

Edited by TheVisitorX

8 hours ago, Junaid Ahmed said:

SE ra m.pck needs to be updated so that we can add custom callnames

I'm on it. It'll be done mostly today. I'll try really hard to finish it all in about a week. If people can get the comms (match and menus) it would be a great help for the 2nd project I have this year.

• Thanks 4

2 hours ago, esbatmusic said:

I'm on it. It'll be done mostly today. I'll try really hard to finish it all in about a week. If people can get the comms (match and menus) it would be a great help for the 2nd project I have this year.

thank you so much @esbatmusic best of luck

• Too Sweet 1

On 10/18/2018 at 2:55 PM, gogreyhound said:

Any idea on the reason for the dB drop on imported audio?

I thought it might have something to do with the .wem conversion but it doesn't seem so.

I've found if the dB is too low, I remake the WEM with the 2018 converter with the volume maxed and gain on, then import it with 2019. The old converter seems to make louder WEMs.

18 minutes ago, cdogg said:

I've found if the dB is too low, I remake the WEM with the 2018 converter with the volume maxed and gain on, then import it with 2019. The old converter seems to make louder WEMs.

The old converter uses mp3gain to increase the volume. Funny, during my tests, I have achieved significantly better and louder results with the new converter. The audio curve is very similar compared to the original files.

Edited by TheVisitorX

Just letting everyone know, I have about 12'000 files left for Howard Finkel, and I'm about 25% done with RA. Getting there...Getting there, sanity left though. It's actually pretty hypnotizing and I fell asleep because of the files I have to check. It's... yeah, tedious... Let's hope the mods are worth it in the end 😛

Quick edit : make it about 10'000 left. and that was 2 hours ago... so about 20 hours just for Fink's File... ouch... I'll get there people...For sure. 

Another edit : 7000 files left... I'm losing my fn' mind. It'll take a while but I'll do it asap.

Edited by esbatmusic
  • Like 2
  • Too Sweet 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/23/2018 at 6:43 PM, cdogg said:

Can confirm; this does wonders for me. Good suggestion.

6 minutes ago, Suffer said:

Is it possible to extract the sound effects with the Sound Editor? For example, the mat bumps, the punches, kicks, etc. If so, could anyone guide me into what main file they'd be under?

Each sound in the game can be extracted / replaced. The only issue with that is... You have to find the sound... Which can be a pain, because there are thousands of it!!! All sound effect are in "sfx", voice is mostly for commentary and announcements. Try to sort the sounds by size, it could help a bit.

Edited by TheVisitorX

1 minute ago, TheVisitorX said:

All sounds in the game can be extracted / replaced. The only issue with that is... You have to find the sound... Which can be a pain, because there are thousands of it!!! All sound effect are in "sfx", voice is mostly for commentary, announcements.

Thank you! Time to start digging.

I'm struggling with the volume a bit too, which is odd. I'm a sound engineer so have no issue normally using Audacity plus your tool to get the levels pretty much the same as the built in entrance music. But this year it's odd, I'm pushing Tanahashi's music level beyond the usual normalisation point in audacity, to the point where it's starting to distort, but whether I import with SE2018 or 2019, whether I use normalisation or not (or in the case of se2018 convert at the highest level possible) it still sounds too quiet in game. Something strange going on with the game. 

1 hour ago, jimmyacon said:

I'm struggling with the volume a bit too, which is odd. I'm a sound engineer so have no issue normally using Audacity plus your tool to get the levels pretty much the same as the built in entrance music. But this year it's odd, I'm pushing Tanahashi's music level beyond the usual normalisation point in audacity, to the point where it's starting to distort, but whether I import with SE2018 or 2019, whether I use normalisation or not (or in the case of se2018 convert at the highest level possible) it still sounds too quiet in game. Something strange going on with the game.  

Unfortunately, that's the way it is. For me it works pretty well with the dynaudnorm filter in SE. The levels are roughly the same as the original files, as you say. Apparently this seems to be very dependent on the file or system used, or it's a personal feeling. Some claim that the files exported with SE 2018 are significantly louder, although the opposite has been claimed previously.

SE 2018 only uses track-gain (mp3gain) to make the files "louder" while in SE 2019 the audio curve is adjusted. In general, the files in 2K19 are filtered to create an Arena effect. The entrance music is much quieter this year than the years before. The parameters for this are unfortunately not found in the audio files. So far I have not been able to find a way to change that. It seems that there is no easy: One fits all solution.

If you switch off the filter in SE, then there is no further adaptation to the files. If you play them in SE, they are still loud. Only in the game are they regulated down.

Edited by TheVisitorX

Have just done a bit more testing, and the game is definitely doing something different with the sound levels this year as you say.

Using SE2018 I imported the same Tanahashi theme into WWE2k19 three times, once into 'Biker', once into 'Big Boss Man' and then again into 'Andre the Giant' and then went into the game and edited an entrance whilst recording the output levels in Audacity. In game, the Biker version is significantly quieter than the other two and this reflects in Audacity too, so it seems as though they've built some level adjustments into the game itself (eg biker is set to play at 60% volume whereas boss man is set at 100% in some way). 

I tried the exact same test with WWE2k18 and the track plays at the same volume in all slots. 

So to anybody having trouble with this, try different slots and you will get different results, which is annoying but better than nothing!

• Thanks 1

On 10/20/2018 at 5:44 PM, TheVisitorX said:

I always do not understand these requests?! Did you activate javascript? The download link is in a "spoiler" tag, just click on it to see the link. Please let me know if it's working.

dl.jpg

Hoping someone can help.. I'm having difficulty converting an mp3 into .wem.. I'm using the in-built sound converter, have set wWise directory and output location, and I get the pop-up telling me 'files were succesfully converted' (i'm overwriting "90's 1") however when I try to right-click and hit play, it tells me 'cannot play source file'.

Am I missing something?

24 minutes ago, Mista Li said:

Hoping someone can help.. I'm having difficulty converting an mp3 into .wem.. I'm using the in-built sound converter, have set wWise directory and output location, and I get the pop-up telling me 'files were succesfully converted' (i'm overwriting "90's 1") however when I try to right-click and hit play, it tells me 'cannot play source file'.

Am I missing something?

Unfortunately, you are one of the few "lucky ones" where import went wrong and whose pck file is now "damaged". I hope you have a backup done, otherwise you have to repair the game via steam or download the pck file again. Always use the sound converter tool and convert there to wem and then import the wem file. Do not try to import a mp3 directly to avoid this error. Unfortunately, that's the only thing I can advise you. I could never reproduce that issue. It occurs only on certain systems, but that's the best way to avoid it. Also please note that the game is not running while you are importing something.

Edited by TheVisitorX

5 minutes ago, TheVisitorX said:

443/5000Unfortunately, you are one of the few "lucky ones" where import went wrong and whose pck file is now "damaged". I hope you have a backup done, otherwise you have to repair the game via steam or download the pck file again. Always use the sound converter tool and convert there to wem and then import the wem file. Do not try to import a mp3 directly to avoid this error.

Maybe I explained that wrong.. I didnt import an mp3, I used the sound converter tool in sound editor. The pop up box that has the volume control & option to add gain..? Is that the incorrect method.

4 minutes ago, Mista Li said:

Maybe I explained that wrong.. I didnt import an mp3, I used the sound converter tool in sound editor. The pop up box that has the volume control & option to add gain..? Is that the incorrect method.

No, that's the right method. So you have imported a wem file and that does not work in SE? Hm, that's uncommon. Are you sure that the game isn't running? Could you upload your pck file somewhere? So that I can have a look?