TheVisitorX

Sound Editor 2019 [Released: Version 1.2.0.1]

Recommended Posts

DeathCarrot

Tried to replace the Raw theme and it broke, lost the table entry and now the game doesn't launch, do you know where the backup files are created so I can revert?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
micencronin
Posted (edited)

Hi friends I have a question.

In the music_1_m.cpk, opened via Sound Editor 2019, there are two Bobby Lashley's files which, however do not correspond with the entry music he has in the game (in fact I can't find the Bobby Lashley's entrance music he uses in the game in the Sound Editor).

If I replace these two files with two other custom music entrances, how do I find them to assign them in the Data Editor?

Thanks :)

Edit: i found bobby lashley's entrance theme in patch_30.cpk file, and the others two bobby lashley's entrance theme in music_1_m.cpk actually they are by daniel bryan '10.

Edited by micencronin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tomwearsglasses

Hey all!  After being distracted with work and computer problems for a while I've recently had some free time to put back into this game.  I put a lot of time into cataloging sound files over the last two months and wanted to share my current progress in case anyone is interested in doing some heavier audio projects.  This custom_data.xml file can go into the Sound Editor 2019 folder:

https://mega.nz/file/hxszRK4Y#hPCfQIVC1SSiHBV_KCA-kL90JFdYkNd4-e6COkr9ITM

Warning: if you replace your custom_data.xml file with this one, it'll overwrite any renaming you might have done locally (injections are stored in a separate file so it won't affect that).

Basically, this catalogs all of the pck files focused on music, sound effects, and all of the patch updates. 

crowds_m.pck
music_0_m.pck
music_1_m.pck
music_2_m.pck
music_3_m.pck
music_misc_1_m.pck
music_misc_2_m.pck
music_show_m.pck
patch_10.pck
patch_20.pck
patch_20_dialogue.pck
patch_30.pck
patch_30_dialogue.pck
patch_day1_dialogue.pck
ra_m.pck
sfx_m.pck
soundtrack_m.pck
ssvo_m.pck

I've prefixed everything using this convention so you can sort easily in files that have mixed content (like patch_day1_dialogue which has some ring announcements missing from the ra_m file).

JO = Jojo Offerman (Ring Announcer)
MC = Michael Cole
CG = Corey Graves
BS = Byron Saxton
JL = Jerry Lawler (there's a few King files taking up space in there)
REF = Referee
SHOW = Show music
THEME = Wrestler, CAW theme
SFX = Sound effects, crowd sounds and chants
? = Can't identify or not sure

Not sure if I'm going to keep plugging away at this but if I make any substantial changes I'll post an update.

Huge thank you to everyone that worked on the previous updates, and especially to @TheVisitorX - all the small little features you've added over the years have made it so much easier and more efficient to maneuver these enormous files.

  • Like 2
  • Too Sweet 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Glorious 1
  • Yes! 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mth6

Hey everyone,

recently I got back into the game and decided to play around with SE, but everytime I click "Import", it tells me that "It seems like the game is running in the background. Please fully close the game and try it again!". Except I have nothing opened and SE worked prefectly fine before.

I didn't update anything or accidentally delete any files or directories. It's weird, because it worked fine before. Any idea what's suddenly causing this problem?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Junaid Ahmed
Posted (edited)
On 5/10/2020 at 7:50 AM, tomwearsglasses said:

Hey all!  After being distracted with work and computer problems for a while I've recently had some free time to put back into this game.  I put a lot of time into cataloging sound files over the last two months and wanted to share my current progress in case anyone is interested in doing some heavier audio projects.  This custom_data.xml file can go into the Sound Editor 2019 folder:

https://mega.nz/file/hxszRK4Y#hPCfQIVC1SSiHBV_KCA-kL90JFdYkNd4-e6COkr9ITM

Warning: if you replace your custom_data.xml file with this one, it'll overwrite any renaming you might have done locally (injections are stored in a separate file so it won't affect that).

Basically, this catalogs all of the pck files focused on music, sound effects, and all of the patch updates. 

crowds_m.pck
music_0_m.pck
music_1_m.pck
music_2_m.pck
music_3_m.pck
music_misc_1_m.pck
music_misc_2_m.pck
music_show_m.pck
patch_10.pck
patch_20.pck
patch_20_dialogue.pck
patch_30.pck
patch_30_dialogue.pck
patch_day1_dialogue.pck
ra_m.pck
sfx_m.pck
soundtrack_m.pck
ssvo_m.pck

I've prefixed everything using this convention so you can sort easily in files that have mixed content (like patch_day1_dialogue which has some ring announcements missing from the ra_m file).

JO = Jojo Offerman (Ring Announcer)
MC = Michael Cole
CG = Corey Graves
BS = Byron Saxton
JL = Jerry Lawler (there's a few King files taking up space in there)
REF = Referee
SHOW = Show music
THEME = Wrestler, CAW theme
SFX = Sound effects, crowd sounds and chants
? = Can't identify or not sure

Not sure if I'm going to keep plugging away at this but if I make any substantial changes I'll post an update.

Huge thank you to everyone that worked on the previous updates, and especially to @TheVisitorX - all the small little features you've added over the years have made it so much easier and more efficient to maneuver these enormous files.

Since i have renamed all the Ra_m.pck early when the game released i must say it is very hectic job to pull it off and its really annoying to listen each and every audio and rename it i have nothing but RESPECT for you from the bottom of my heart bro i can understand how much time consuming this is really THANK YOU SO MUCH but there are still many listings to rename which i think you can do it in near future i have a few questions on my mind did you able to find out elimination chamber pod break sound so that we can change that to something epic like 2k17 pod break sound and where are the chair shots and sledge hammer audios are listed ? i would really like to change all these Thank You Once Again RESPECT ♥️

Edited by Junaid Ahmed
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tomwearsglasses
1 hour ago, Junaid Ahmed said:

Since i have renamed all the Ra_m.pck early when the game released i must say it is very hectic job to pull it off and its really annoying to listen each and every audio and rename it i have nothing but RESPECT for you from the bottom of my heart bro i can understand how much time consuming this is really THANK YOU SO MUCH but there are still many listings to rename which i think you can do it in near future i have a few questions on my mind did you able to find out elimination chamber pod break sound so that we can change that to something epic like 2k17 pod break sound and where are the chair shots and sledge hammer audios are listed ? i would really like to change all these Thank You Once Again RESPECT ♥️

Thank you!

 

Unfortunately so I far I haven't found any of the match sound effect files (only crowd noises).  All the files I haven't logged yet start with "comm" so presumably they're all related to commentary.  My guess is that all the fighting sounds are in one of the embedded bnk files - which I haven't really dug into yet.

If you want to go exploring, I found this reddit thread with a program that will extract the wem files from a bnk:

https://www.reddit.com/r/killingfloor/comments/35d5w6/how_to_extract_game_audio_files_guide/

I tested the bnkextr.exe file and it seems to work great.  You can use the Sound Editor Audio-Player to listen to them.  But at the moment I don't know if there's any way to inject back into a bnk file.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Junaid Ahmed
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, tomwearsglasses said:

Thank you!

 

Unfortunately so I far I haven't found any of the match sound effect files (only crowd noises).  All the files I haven't logged yet start with "comm" so presumably they're all related to commentary.  My guess is that all the fighting sounds are in one of the embedded bnk files - which I haven't really dug into yet.

If you want to go exploring, I found this reddit thread with a program that will extract the wem files from a bnk:

https://www.reddit.com/r/killingfloor/comments/35d5w6/how_to_extract_game_audio_files_guide/

I tested the bnkextr.exe file and it seems to work great.  You can use the Sound Editor Audio-Player to listen to them.  But at the moment I don't know if there's any way to inject back into a bnk file.

May be @TheVisitorX can help with bnk injector option with the next update it would be great if we can change some of the fighting sounds like chair shots table break elimination chamber pod break Etc i will realease a pack of all these alternate sound effect files if some one can find them ....

Edited by Junaid Ahmed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jcsix

Is there a list around at which announcer sounds link to which ch.pac? For example theres multiple Takers in the game, and his announcers are all alittle different. Is there a way to find out which sound links to which ch.pac?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yooges10
On 3/9/2020 at 8:36 AM, 2TwistedRiot said:

this still works with the current 1.07 patch of WWE2k20 right? I've installed Sound Editor 2019 as well as Wwise 2017.1.2.6361 and gave SE the proper location for WWise. I launched WWE 2k20 and loaded it and closed it, I downloaded a few themes and coverted the via SE's converter and when I try to Import, it creates a backup and immediately says "Error: Couldn't Inject File Data. I have no clue why. WWE 2K20 isn't open, I've attempted reinstalls of SE and WWise but still the same result.

I am pretty sure I have the right WWise and the right SE, what am I doing wrong?

where did you download wwise 2017. link please

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DFM85

we still not have the chance to add themes without to overwrite the files that we already have, correct?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Flying Pig

Sound Editor gives me an error when trying to convert files to wem. It says 'File 0 conversion to wav failed. Please make sure to run this tool with administrator rights.' I've only had this problem since downloading Audacity, which I've now deleted. I read in the FAQ that the WWise main directory should point to the dependencies folder. I probably misunderstood it because that doesn't work. WWise main directory is currently pointing to Program Files(x86)\Autokinetic\Wwise 2017.1.2.6361. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BlackBen83
On 5/20/2020 at 10:52 PM, DFM85 said:

we still not have the chance to add themes without to overwrite the files that we already have, correct?

That's will be great to have a "Virtual" or "modded" music_misc_3_m.pck to inject new modded or caws wrestlers themes in game or with Data Editor. As Data Editor easily locates backup caws.

I don't know if that would be possible @TheVisitorX ?

Ben

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ElementZeroHD

Hello all! I'm able to use the sound converter as normal and everything converts and imports, but when I go into the game to test, there is no entrance theme. Just completely silent. Any fixes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cave Waverider
On 5/20/2020 at 10:52 PM, DFM85 said:

we still not have the chance to add themes without to overwrite the files that we already have, correct?

 Correct.

On 6/30/2020 at 12:30 PM, BlackBen83 said:

That's will be great to have a "Virtual" or "modded" music_misc_3_m.pck to inject new modded or caws wrestlers themes in game or with Data Editor. As Data Editor easily locates backup caws.

I don't know if that would be possible @TheVisitorX ?

Ben

That isn't possible at the moment. We can't add any themes (or any sounds for that matter) as we still haven't figured out how the theme and sound IDs in the game are linked to the IDs of sounds listed in .pck files/Sound Editor, much less to change or add such links.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wolfgoodman

I keep getting this exact error message and I have no idea what to do if anyone knows what to do please respond it would be much appreciated. This is the exact code i got please respond.

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Xml.XmlException: '.', hexadecimal value 0x00, is an invalid character. Line 9, position 1.
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText(Int32& startPos, Int32& endPos, Int32& outOrChars)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
   at System.Configuration.XmlUtil.StrictReadToNextElement(ExceptionAction action)
   at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ScanSectionsRecursive(XmlUtil xmlUtil, String parentConfigKey, Boolean inLocation, String locationSubPath, OverrideModeSetting overrideMode, Boolean skipInChildApps)
   at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ScanSectionsRecursive(XmlUtil xmlUtil, String parentConfigKey, Boolean inLocation, String locationSubPath, OverrideModeSetting overrideMode, Boolean skipInChildApps)
   at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ScanSections(XmlUtil xmlUtil)
   at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.InitConfigFromFile()


************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4180.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Sound_Editor
    Assembly Version: 1.2.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.2.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Sound%20Editor%202019/Sound_Editor.exe
----------------------------------------
System
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4001.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Windows.Forms
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4150.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Drawing
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.8.3752.0 built by: NET48REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Core
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4180.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Configuration
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.8.3752.0 built by: NET48REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Xml
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.8.3752.0 built by: NET48REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
----------------------------------------
32709bb2-2988-4d73-ae42-30c1ef781c74
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.2.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Sound%20Editor%202019/Sound_Editor.exe
----------------------------------------
AutoUpdater.NET
    Assembly Version: 1.4.11.0
    Win32 Version: 1.2.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Sound%20Editor%202019/Sound_Editor.exe
----------------------------------------

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.