Sound Editor 2019 [Discontinued]

TheVisitorX

17 minutes ago, Skeemo said:

TheVisitorX    i think we have to download Wwise 2018 version,

No, I think a Wwise update is not necessary this year. Wwise 2017 continues to work. Even the old wem files from 2K18 still work.

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Glorious 1

11 minutes ago, TheVisitorX said:

No, I think a Wwise update is not necessary this year. Wwise 2017 continues to work. Even the old wem files from 2K18 still work.

that mean's  we can used 2k18 themesongs directly inject for 2k19 !  , Wonderful

Edited by Skeemo

3 minutes ago, Skeemo said:

that mean's  we can used 2k18 themesongs directly inject for 2k19 !  , Wonderful

Yep, that's possible this year (Thank God!).

Edited by TheVisitorX

28 minutes ago, vigymuh said:

last year's sound editor still works completely fine right? no sound bug or anything?

Except for menu music, which I couldn't test yet. All others should work (all wem files created with Wwise 2017 or extracted from 2K18).

• Cave Waverider featured this topic

I noticed one little hiccup with reusing my WEM files from last year's game in 2K19. In an entrance using a modded song, the music just abruptly cuts off at the end instead of fading out. All untouched vanilla songs fade out properly.

21 minutes ago, Robin Everheart said:

I noticed one little hiccup with reusing my WEM files from last year's game in 2K19. In an entrance using a modded song, the music just abruptly cuts off at the end instead of fading out. All untouched vanilla songs fade out properly.

Thanks, I will check this and I will see if I can do something about that. Maybe a Wwise update is needed or it has something to do with the Wwise export template. Could you try the following?

- Export a song as wem(!) file from 2k18 with SE and inject it in 2K19 - Does the song fade out properly?
- Export a song as wem(!) file from 2k19 with SE and inject it again - Does the song fade out properly?

It could be possible that they have changed the files with 2K19.

Edited by TheVisitorX

First, let me say thanks for your annual work on this.  Been playing since 2K16 and this is one of the best things about the game for me.

I've never gotten it this early before, so the tool was always ready when I got it.  How long approximately does it take after launch to get a version up?  I look forward to it.

My current schedule for SE is the following. I've planned to release a new version of SE in the next week or at the weekend. But it depends. There are some reported issues with last years tool and I want to check that first before I release a new version, so it could be a bit longer.

The first version will not have an updated data.xml file, but if someone has the time to update this for 2k19, I would integrate it :).

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 1

TheVisitorX, thank you for your hard work my friend, I have tested the SE for 2018 on WWE 2k19, although it works, this is the main problem the game is having, it will play the custom entrance songs perfect EXCEPT for this issue, if I have a 3 man or more match, the game would play a random song from the playlist at the same time as the custom song is playing, meaning the first wrestler's Entrance song will play perfect, maybe the second wrestlers custom song will play perfect, but when the Third wrestlers custom entrance theme plays, the game will play the custom entrance song for a few seconds then a random song from the wwe 2k19 playlist will start playing along with the custom song, ( 2 different songs playing at the same time) when the next wrestler (wrestler #4) comes out the game will play that wrestler's custom song but after a few seconds the game again starts playing another song from the wwe 2k19 playlist over the top of it, sometimes playing 2 other songs along with/ and over the top of the custom entrance song all at the same time. ( 4 songs playing at once ☹️ ) what would be causing that? if anyone can solve this riddle, it is you VisitorX. I am counting on you my friend! 

I downloaded WWISE 2018 but the problem is still there, maybe I did something wrong. 

the test would be to set up a 5 man or 6 man match after using SE 2018 injector and see if after wrestler 2 comes out does the audio overlap issue happen for you too, you may have to try it a couple of times.  VisitorX? YOU RULE!  I hope you can solve this riddle for us. 

@powersource That sounds like a strange issue. Which themes have you replaced? Are you sure that the issue does not occur with stock audio files? The game has audio issues since the beginning, that's why I'm asking. It could be possible that it's a bug in the game and has nothing to do with SE. But I'm note sure. Could you check that out?

We've had a similar issue with sounds playing for just a few seconds with menu music last year.

Edited by TheVisitorX

would i have to reset the changed entrance music to default, or should I use different wrestlers?

I am testing it now using default wwe 2k19 entrance music in a 6 man elimination chamber match, so far no audio problems

Ok i just tested the game entrances 3 times in 6 man Elimination Chamber matches, the first 2 tests were done with only the default entrance music, it worked without any problems, on the third time I added 4 custom themes and 2 default themed wrestlers, wrestler 1 (default music) came out perfect, wrestler 2 ( default music) went perfect, wrestler 3 custom music ( the default music from wrestler 2 was played along with the custom music (glitch), wrestler 4 custom music played perfect, wrestler 5 custom music glitched playing both the custom theme and the theme of the previous wrestler at the same time. ☹️

I changed the music for Lex Lugar, Big Show, Jinder mahal, Godfather, and steamboat, didnt change any other options in match, I will try and place a video on youtube showing the audio glitch, give me about 30 minutes please and I will send you the link. I tried also setting SE to the original WWise 2014 folder, but when that didnt work, I tried moving it to the WWise 2017 folder and is still having the same problem, I have tried to get SE to work from the WWise 2018 folder but I get an error message. ☹️  Im going to put up a youtube video of the issue and send the link, I will write you here once it is uploaded.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, powersource said:

Ok i just tested the game entrances 3 times in 6 man Elimination Chamber matches, the first 2 tests were done with only the default entrance music, it worked without any problems, on the third time I added 4 custom themes and 2 default themed wrestlers, wrestler 1 (default music) came out perfect, wrestler 2 ( default music) went perfect, wrestler 3 custom music ( the default music from wrestler 2 was played along with the custom music (glitch), wrestler 4 custom music played perfect, wrestler 5 custom music glitched playing both the custom theme and the theme of the previous wrestler at the same time. ☹️

I changed the music for Lex Lugar, Big Show, Jinder mahal, Godfather, and steamboat, didnt change any other options in match, I will try and place a video on youtube showing the audio glitch, give me about 30 minutes please and I will send you the link. I tried also setting SE to the original WWise 2014 folder, but when that didnt work, I tried moving it to the WWise 2017 folder and is still having the same problem, I have tried to get SE to work from the WWise 2018 folder but I get an error message. ☹️  Im going to put up a youtube video of the issue and send the link, I will write you here once it is uploaded.

Thank you for your help! Did you skip one of the entrances or did you let each entrance play to the end? A video would be great :).

Regarding Wwise: SE doesn't allow to use Wwise 2014, because it does not work with 2K18 and above. I will try to allow Wwise 2018, maybe it helps to fix some issues.

Edit: Could you try another thing, if you have some time? Export one of the original sound files as wem file with SE and inject the exported file with SE, but into another sound file. Does that work without issues?

Edited by TheVisitorX

i did not skip any entrances, it helps to identify which songs are being played over other wrestlers custom themes, i will do the same for the youtube video (full entrance), sorry if the video turns out a bit long, but it may help solve this audio issue, I am working on making the video now, I will post a link once it is up :) hopefully about 30 minutes or so

• Thanks 1

Unfortunately I can't reproduce that issue with my files or I did something wrong/different. I have replaced 3 themes with wem files from AZNs last years Hogan mod and they were all played fine during 6 man Elimination Chamber. So I will wait for your video.

I am almost finished the video, i am adding as much info as I can to help us squash this audio issue, what version of SE are you using, what settings is it set to? which WWise folders etc?