Sound Editor 2019 [Discontinued]

TheVisitorX

7 hours ago, TheVisitorX said:

Conversion to wav failed means there was something wrong with ffmpeg. I'm not sure, maybe some issue with your file. Try to rename it, remove special characters or try to convert your file to wav with another program and then use this file in SE sound converter tool. 

Thanks! I will try that. 

tool works great except i'm having a problem once I boot the game. the menu soundtrack plays the replaced files, but after about 30 seconds or so all the audio completely cuts off. no SFX or anything. curious if this is an issue with the sound editor or possibly on my end? it wasn't having any issues before i imported WEMS

8 hours ago, omarlovecraft said:

tool works great except i'm having a problem once I boot the game. the menu soundtrack plays the replaced files, but after about 30 seconds or so all the audio completely cuts off. no SFX or anything. curious if this is an issue with the sound editor or possibly on my end? it wasn't having any issues before i imported WEMS

This has already been answered several times. Just read the last pages :)

On 11/19/2018 at 12:31 PM, esbatmusic said:

most likely when I'm done with it? I'm still working on it, takes hours to do.

Thanks for taking the time, any eta on that? also you just doing the ra_m or the others too?

3 hours ago, jimmyveez said:

Thanks for taking the time, any eta on that? also you just doing the ra_m or the others too?

I'm still working on the Ra_M and day 1 patch that has dialog. takes a bit of time (ran into some life problem and also a big arena project that is more than advancing) however, I'm trying to get it done asap, it's just very tedious. but it'll get done. I expected the first wave of fink to be done nov 19 (we're on the 21th) so I won't give anymore ETA as it's like I said absolutely tedious but I'm trying to rush it as much as I can. other things in life are there so I can't just 'do' that 24/7. Really looking forward to be able to release everything and actually enjoy the game too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Esbatmusic, I have been keeping an eye on your updates. I think your work will be a game changer for me once you are done with it. Also, thanks to TheVisitorX for this amazing tool that personally I think 2K should include in game. It was available during the 2K12, 2K13, 2K14 for goodness sake on PS3.

One of the things I did was find some loud crowd audio file online. It is a soccer crowd; I used audacity to combine that audio with an .mp3 for a CAW, made it a .wem file, and it is amazing! You hear that "pop" from the WWE Universe, well it's in the .wem file. I personally feel that the crowd does nothing for an entrance, especially if playing in one of the Japan venues where the crowd is just too polite and quiet.

Hey, I've read through the topic and haven't seen this asked anywhere. Has anyone experienced injected songs overlapping?

If I'm using multiple custom themes in one match the songs will start overlapping near the end of each subsequent entrance. For example P1's entrance is fine, P2's entrance is 90% ok but P1's injected theme will start to play overtop of P2's injected theme for the last few seconds. This goes on with each continuing entrance being overlapped by the previous injected theme (seemingly) slightly sooner.

I've tried doing multi-man matches with default characters and music and it doesn't occur. Is this something to do with the injecting? A buggy base install of 2k19? (I've seen some other weird bugs but this is a WWE game after all) I've been using your sound tools for the past two iterations and appreciate all the work to help people really customize this game.

7 hours ago, Aaronahue said:

Hey, I've read through the topic and haven't seen this asked anywhere. Has anyone experienced injected songs overlapping?

If I'm using multiple custom themes in one match the songs will start overlapping near the end of each subsequent entrance. For example P1's entrance is fine, P2's entrance is 90% ok but P1's injected theme will start to play overtop of P2's injected theme for the last few seconds. This goes on with each continuing entrance being overlapped by the previous injected theme (seemingly) slightly sooner.

I've tried doing multi-man matches with default characters and music and it doesn't occur. Is this something to do with the injecting? A buggy base install of 2k19? (I've seen some other weird bugs but this is a WWE game after all) I've been using your sound tools for the past two iterations and appreciate all the work to help people really customize this game.

Do you have an advanced entrance set for any wrestler in the match? If so, then it's a known bug with the game and has nothing to do with custom themes. Use easy entrance creation instead to avoid it. If that's the case, I'd suggest to report the bug to 2k support so they cwill hopefully fix it.

If you aren't using advanced entrances, it might be a different issue (or a related one), however.

3 hours ago, Cave Waverider said:

Do you have an advanced entrance set for any wrestler in the match? If so, then it's a known bug with the game and has nothing to do with custom themes. Use easy entrance creation instead to avoid it. If that's the case, I'd suggest to report the bug to 2k support so they cwill hopefully fix it.

If you aren't using advanced entrances, it might be a different issue (or a related one), however.

That's exactly it, somehow missed ever seeing it listed anywhere else around. Thanks for the quick reply and thanks again VisitorX for the tools.

• Thanks 1

Is there a way to insert a theme song and associate it with a wrestler, without having to switch from in-game editor? Because I put Gangrel, which works, but I can not change the entrance because the game crashes!

Edited by Sennarx

1 hour ago, Sennarx said:

Is there a way to insert a theme song and associate it with a wrestler, without having to switch from in-game editor? Because I put Gangrel, which works, but I can not change the entrance because the game crashes!

You can open the wrestler's .moveset file with Data Editor and set the Entrance/Victory Music there.

11 hours ago, DonSPa said:

SE was working but for some reason suddenly now when i try and convert mp3 files to wem i get an unhandled exception message

Screenshot? Did you move your Wem export directory? Low space? 

I am currently unable to convert to .wem with sound editor it just keeps giving me an error message. The error is 0 file was unable to convert. I have tried multiple music files and cannot get any of them to convert.

Edited by JLU1000

1 hour ago, JLU1000 said:

I am currently unable to convert to .wem with sound editor it just keeps giving me an error message. The error is 0 file was unable to convert. I have tried multiple music files and cannot get any of them to convert.

Have you read the FAQ in the first post and all the messages in this thread that deal with a solution for that error?

4 minutes ago, PunishedWit said:

Ok so im having trouble finding the download link. Help?

Really ? atleast read the first post properly take atleast 2 min to read the first post 

Edited by Junaid Ahmed
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/5/2018 at 12:27 PM, TheVisitorX said:

Sound Editor 2019 1.1.0.1

Notice: Not all data for 2K19 has been collected yet.

!!! Please read !!!

SE 2019 won't be compatible with WWE 2K17 and previous games - You can't use your old converted wem files from previous releases, except for 2K18!!!

To inject menu music, please run the menu music patcher first! This tool is available via Tools => MenuMusic-Patcher.

What does this tool do?

It gives you the opportunity to export, play and replace sounds in the game WWE 2K18!

What you can't do

You can NOT add new sounds and it is also not possible to rename existing.

Changes

Hide contents

- update server has been updated to a faster server

- All changes from previously data.xml updates + a fresh new auto updater, which checks for updates after starting the program and also shows a changelog

- data.xml update -> added missing entries for show intros. Thank you @Mizmond!Only available via internal updater

- data.xml update-> corrected some "misc" sound entries. Thank you@AznBlusuazn! Only available via internal updater

- data.xml update - added menu music names - Only available via internal updater

- data.xml update - Only available via internal updater

- Initial Release

Download (installer)

Hide contents

http://infopade.com/3hUx

This program is released as it is. Use it at your own risk! I don't take any responsibility for anything (good or bad) that may happen by using it! You should only use this tool on a clean game installation otherwise it could have some issues!

Tutorials

Reveal hidden contents

More details about the new pck files will follow soon. There are a lot of new files this year and also a lot of duplicates. Menu soundtracks are located in the game game_mode_m.pck. Most of the music are in music_x_m.pck and music_misc_x.pck for generic themes!

Ignore files with "e_s" because that files are only event files with soundbanks and no other sounds!

Would you like to make a tutorial? Please let me know!

If you find any errors in the collected data, please let me know or send me a corrected version of your data data.xml file. It is possible to change or remove the data from the data.xml in SE directly. See this little clip:

source.gif

Select the row and click on the column (Name / text) and edit or delete the entry!

FAQ

Reveal hidden contents

I get an error if I try to convert files to wem -> "File 0 conversion to wem failed.  Please check your Wwise settings!"

Do not install the latest Wwise version! It does not work with the template provided by SE. Instead, use the Wwise version which is included in SE in the "dependencies" folder and set the installation location as WWise main directory in Sound Editor Settings! The WWise templates included with Sound Editor will only work with that version, they are incompatible with other versions!

What do I need to run this tool?

Sound Editor 2019 is a .NET-Application. So you will need .NET-Framework 4.5 to run this application! You will also need a 64bit Windows version up to Windows 10, because the executable was build with 64bit support.

In order to run the "Sound-Converter" tool or to import wav or mp3 files, you will need Audiokinetic Wwise 2017. This setup in included in SE!

Please use only that version, version 2016.x or lower does not work!!!

OH NO!!! Your tool is a virus!!! I've get virus alerts from XYZ!!!

This tool uses methods to read and write to memory and file streams and also needs (admin) access to the registry because it gets its path information from there. Some Anti Virus doesn't like that and their heuristic scan recognizes it as a virus! So if you'll get that alert it is simply because of that.

I can guarantee you that there is no virus. It's only a "false positive". So you will have to add this application to your exceptions. If you don't trust me, no problem. You don't have to use this tool!

What audio format do I need for themes?

You can only import *.wem files! WEM is a custom audio format / container made by Audiokinetic!

Can I import my wav or mp3 files?

Yes, but you have to convert them to *.wem. There are 2 ways to do that.

1. Use the "Sound-Converter", which still uses Wwise but via CLI (command line interface). You can find this little tool in the top left corner of Sound Editor (Tools - Sound-Converter).

2. Easiest way: Import *.wav and *.mp3 directly and SE converts them to wem before. In that case, you'll also need Wwise!

It uses FFmpeg to convert all mp3 files to wav and then Wwise-CLI to convert from wav to wem! So you will need both tools. FFmpeg is already included, so no worries.

In order to make this happen, this program needs administrator rights! It will not work without them!

I can't convert something, because Sound-Converter can't find my Wwise version

That is mostly a  path issue. This program reads the path to Wwise from the registry. In some cases, it couldn't find that path so it won't work.

You can change the path by your own. You will find that in the left top corner (Settings / Settings). If the program has found your path, it should include some text with path info. If not, please select your path manually. There is a button ("..") next to the text field for that.

Wwise path should be something like that:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Audiokinetic\Wwise 2017.1.2.6361

This path can vary. Please make sure you have the correct path to your Wwise directory!

1. If you have injected a new theme and it won't work in-game, make sure that you haven't injected something while the game is running.

2. If that does not work and your theme is still not playing, even in entrance editor, it is a rarely issue with SE and some configurations. I've had it last year, too with some users but never find a reason or fix for hat. Because I couldn't reproduce this issue. I'm sorry. Maybe it's your system (Notebook?) or some software which prevents the correct injection.

I need further information for that case.

Do you like my work and want future updates? Here you will have the chance to donate:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=CHM6HN9Y4D44N

That helps me to make future updates and supports my work!

I tried to upload SvR 07 soundtracks, they were import and also are playing in the sound editor but not playing in the game