Sound Editor 2019 [Discontinued]

TheVisitorX

does anyone know where I can find the call names for DLC characters such as Lio Rush? I checked the patch 10 dialogues and everything is blank. If you can, please provide the ID numbers?

Edited by Jgunz123
Fixed and deleted an extra sentence/typo
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've run into an issue with injecting wem files into music_misc_1, where upon importing a file and playing it to see if it worked, it'll give me an "Error: Could not locate source file." It had been working fine until yesterday when I had installed some new songs. Essentially, upon importing a file to a song, the song deletes. Verifying the files or reinstalling the game will restore the file with the mod wem still injected, however it plays the original file instead. Reimporting the music will just start this cycle again. I asked on Steam discussions this morning, but I came back to it a few hours later to find it deleted. Why? I don't know.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know the ID of the Wade Barret calls in ra_m?

I installed the Greg Hamilton mod and want to replace Wade Barret's call with Hangman Page.

They don't seem to be labelled in the custom_data.xml

Thanks!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys quick question. Ive finally gotten around to modding music, but when i try to change the themes now, it throws me this error, "Error: Couldn't play source file" and it wont let me add new music. Any help?

7 minutes ago, Duffman99 said:

Hey guys quick question. Ive finally gotten around to modding music, but when i try to change the themes now, it throws me this error, "Error: Couldn't play source file" and it wont let me add new music. Any help?

I had to reinstall everything a little while ago, and everything still works fine for me. Did you link and install after Sound Editor, the Wwise 2017 required for its update?

Do you also have in the linked setups the path to the game audio files?

Edited by BlackBen83
  • Like 1

On 5/10/2020 at 3:20 AM, tomwearsglasses said:

Hey all!  After being distracted with work and computer problems for a while I've recently had some free time to put back into this game.  I put a lot of time into cataloging sound files over the last two months and wanted to share my current progress in case anyone is interested in doing some heavier audio projects.  This custom_data.xml file can go into the Sound Editor 2019 folder:

https://mega.nz/file/hxszRK4Y#hPCfQIVC1SSiHBV_KCA-kL90JFdYkNd4-e6COkr9ITM

Warning: if you replace your custom_data.xml file with this one, it'll overwrite any renaming you might have done locally (injections are stored in a separate file so it won't affect that).

Basically, this catalogs all of the pck files focused on music, sound effects, and all of the patch updates. 

crowds_m.pck
music_0_m.pck
music_1_m.pck
music_2_m.pck
music_3_m.pck
music_misc_1_m.pck
music_misc_2_m.pck
music_show_m.pck
patch_10.pck
patch_20.pck
patch_20_dialogue.pck
patch_30.pck
patch_30_dialogue.pck
patch_day1_dialogue.pck
ra_m.pck
sfx_m.pck
soundtrack_m.pck
ssvo_m.pck

I've prefixed everything using this convention so you can sort easily in files that have mixed content (like patch_day1_dialogue which has some ring announcements missing from the ra_m file).

JO = Jojo Offerman (Ring Announcer)
MC = Michael Cole
CG = Corey Graves
BS = Byron Saxton
JL = Jerry Lawler (there's a few King files taking up space in there)
REF = Referee
SHOW = Show music
THEME = Wrestler, CAW theme
SFX = Sound effects, crowd sounds and chants
? = Can't identify or not sure

Not sure if I'm going to keep plugging away at this but if I make any substantial changes I'll post an update.

Huge thank you to everyone that worked on the previous updates, and especially to @TheVisitorX - all the small little features you've added over the years have made it so much easier and more efficient to maneuver these enormous files.

This is amazing! I'm struggling to find which file contains the character specific chants though eg <sound id="962239209" name="SFX Crowd chant Rusev Day" />

I'm sure I've looked in every pck and I can't see that one anywhere. Am I missing something?

EDIT - Found them in crowds_m, hadn't spotted the english tab

Edited by jimmyacon
  • Like 1

Hi! I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out why the main menu music patch doesn't work on my game?

I'm able to change entrance music, but the soundtrack never changes even after importing a song.

I even try it out in Sound Editor, and it plays the new song, but once it gets into the game, it's still the original soundtrack.

10 hours ago, Neiogeo said:

Oi! Eu queria saber se alguém poderia me ajudar a descobrir por que o patch de música do menu principal não funciona no meu jogo?

Consigo mudar a música de entrada, mas a trilha sonora nunca muda, mesmo depois de importar uma música.

Eu até experimento no Editor de Som, e ele toca a nova música, mas uma vez que entra no jogo, ainda é a trilha sonora original.

First thing, open the sound editor and click on Tools and then click on MenuMusic Patcher, Second step is to open the game_mode_m.pck and look for which song you want to change and that's it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, alexandre faria said:

First thing, open the sound editor and click on Tools and then click on MenuMusic Patcher, Second step is to open the game_mode_m.pck and look for which song you want to change and that's it.

Thank you! I kept trying to edit soundtrack_m.pck, that' why it didn't work before.

• 2 months later...

Anybody know why my sound-converter tool in SE 2019 isn't working? I don't know if I have to re install this, and if I do, I'm afraid I'm going to lose all of my songs and calls that I've added.. Can someone help me? I'm getting the following error:

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.File.InternalMove(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean checkHost)
   at ccUh06gtYDCp6y2cGq.tKZKFnw1H7Hi0hGs9b.MtSlT02a4F8QSsbTuA8(Object , Object )
   at ccUh06gtYDCp6y2cGq.tKZKFnw1H7Hi0hGs9b.matjoa4U5Z(Object  , RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs  )
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnRunWorkerCompleted(RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4420.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Sound_Editor
    Assembly Version: 1.2.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.2.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Sound%20Editor%202019/Sound_Editor.exe
System
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4360.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4400.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4390.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4455.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4190.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4084.0 built by: NET48REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
32709bb2-2988-4d73-ae42-30c1ef781c74
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Sound%20Editor%202019/Sound_Editor.exe
AutoUpdater.NET
    Assembly Version: 1.4.11.0
System.Xml.Linq
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4084.0 built by: NET48REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Anyone else having an issue when trying to import new audio?
I've converted all my MP3's to WEM's and right-clicked on an entry in the music_misc_2_m.pck and selected IMPORT.
When I select the audio file I want to import I get the error at the bottom left of the Application window: 
Error: Couldn't inject file data

Anyone know what I can do to fix this? Sound Editor 2019 used to work, but for some reason now it doesn't

EDIT: HUZZAH! I think there was someone else in this thread that had the exact same issue I did. I was about to resolve this issue by going into Steam and verifying the game files for WWE 2K19. After that, I loaded up Sound Editor 2019 and all WEM were able to be injected.

To ensure this doesn't happen, make sure your .pck files have READ-ONLY checked off. I found that was another issue with music_misc_1_m.pck.  As soon as I unchecked READ-ONLY, I was able to inject music to that file as well.

Edited by Murphy1976

On 8/1/2021 at 9:54 AM, Robbie686 said:

Can anyone give me advise on how to normalise the loudness of each them? Some are fine and others seem to be converting fine but when in game very quiet.

If you have Audacity, it's pretty easy to normalize the audio.
Before you convert it to WEM, open the WAV or MP3 in Audacity > Select All > Choose Normalize from the effects menu dropdown and in the settings, I usually normalize to -3.0db, then export as WAV or MP3, convert to WEM through the SoundEditor App and then import.

• 3 months later...
10 hours ago, 1richluhjaay said:

I keep getting a error that says file 0 conversion to wav failed, any one can help?

What do you mean? Is that an error message you're getting?

Otherwise, you don't need a .wav file to be converted to .wem, a simple mp3 is enough. I only work with .wav for my audios on GFX. Otherwise always .mp3

• 6 months later...
  • TheVisitorX changed the title to Sound Editor 2019 [Discontinued]
  • 4 months later...

I've recently got back to modding my 2K19 and I want to change the soundtrack however, the game_mode_m.pck wouldn't load in. I'm using the Latest Sound Editor since the one for 2K19 got discontinued. and it doesn't have the menu patch underneath tools so I'm at a lost. Any Help?

Edited by Spuuder_Alt
  • Like 1

@Spuuder_Alt Hi, I have the latest version updated by TheVisitorX and I have the "menu_music_patcher" in the "tools" menu.

You might want to check the Audiokinetics path first.

Finally, check the integrity of your game files via Steam (before you do this, save anything that may have been modded, such as the menus, for example). Or if you have a fresh menu music file, test this one with a copy on your desktop with SoundEditor.

Edited by BlackBen83

@BlackBen83 Hello, I Believe I'm using the latest version of Sound Editor made by TheVisitorX (Version 2.0.0.2) and I don't see the "menu_music_patcher" in the "tools" menu. It's also noted that I've been using the outdated 2019 Sound Editor before and usually the Audio kinetics path should be in the "Settings" Tab however I couldn't find it in the new version either. Finally, I've checked the integrity of the game files. Steam patched up some few errors however, I couldn't open the "game_mode_m.pck" from sound editor. 

It's been a long time since I've used sound editor. So my apologies if there's some information I don't understand.

@BlackBen83 Hello, So even if version 2.0.0.2 which does support some 2K19 pck files, might not have all the functions to what Sound Editor 2019 has? is it safe to assume it's better to download 2019 version of Sound editor (if possible) instead of using the "Newer" version?

Edited by Spuuder_Alt