Crowd Signs

El Guapo

Did anyone ever figure out how to change the signs that the crowd hold up? I don't think I've ever even seen it discussed on here

Seeing as using Painttool images for them is a bit glitchy, it's be pretty cool change them this way instead.

Yes, im about halfway through changing them all but I had to remove the audience.pac files from the DLCs otherwise the signs didnt show up in game.

Do them in small batches and check in game because the audience file does seem to get corrupted easily.

Edited by Red Rooster
  • Like 1

I admire your dedication - having seen how unnecessarily packaged up these DDS files are, this is going to take a long time

So, how are you getting round the problems with changing a dlc file size?

Only thing I can think of would be to inject a funny file full of zeros

Man I have spent so many hours on https://flamingtext.com/

making unique signs for my 51 CAWs which resulted in 204 different signs. That was so time consuming. Adding signs to CAWs has its nuances which are probably not applicable to in-game signs because of format difference. But I'll share my thoughts anyway here.

With CAWs I had found out that you have to use as little different colors within a sign as possible. Do not use any shadows or other effects. Best was to pick a solid background color and pick up to 2 colors for the sign text. One of them being a border color if needed. That's when signs are most clearly seen when in game.

If you add too many colors or worse - shadows the end result might look great in PhotoShop but in real game looks like a barely readable trainwreck.

Also what's related to 2K14 bugs, that it tends to show CAW signs which are used by a CAW played on the first match in second and other matches. For example I play first match when the game launches CAW #1 vs. John Cena. Crows signs are all good. Then match number 2 - CAW #2 vs CAW #3 - and during that match signs are seen that belong to CAW #1 who isn't even in the match. Later things even out I think. I didn't even notice them anymore while playing :D

Edited by Impaler

1 hour ago, El Guapo said:

I admire your dedication - having seen how unnecessarily packaged up these DDS files are, this is going to take a long time

So, how are you getting round the problems with changing a dlc file size?

Only thing I can think of would be to inject a funny file full of zeros

I had to do some funky stuff to the 3 dlc files so that when you view them in lefluffie the audience.pac file doesnt appear to be there at all so the game doesnt look for it and defaults to the original audience.pac in the game files.

I cant remember exactly what I did to achieve this, it was about 6 months ago and took a lot of trial and error.