TUTORIAL: Reduce PS3 ARC file. How to remove 30 Years of WM, Universe, CAB, CAA modes

Impaler

Hello and welcome to my tutorial :)

As I will undoubtedly reach the arc limit soon I needed to start looking one last time how to save some space on it. So after CABT the obvious choice to be removed was 30 Years of WrestleMania.

So far I have found this information on that topic:

On 5/15/2015 at 7:57 AM, motishow said:

Red which lines are the 30 years of wrestlemania mod? i was going to remove the create arena stuff but i prefer to remove the 30 years of wrestlemania stuff.

thanks

On 5/15/2015 at 9:18 AM, Red Rooster said:

The files are called Season00-04.pac

On 5/17/2015 at 4:25 PM, Red Rooster said:

The season files arent in the arc, open them with Xpacker and find the names of the pach files, thats what is in the arc.

This got me started.

I opened up season00.pac and it starts with file name 1010.pac and opened up season04.pac and its final file ends with 2110.pac. Okay.

So lets open up the arc files in game folder and do this:

9JdhpXs.png

and remove this from both def files found on game folder:

pac/evt/Season00.pac
pac/evt/Season01.pac
pac/evt/Season02.pac
pac/evt/Season03.pac
pac/evt/Season04.pac

But this is where it gets strange for me hence the W.I.P. in the topic name. After doing those edits for me the game loads just fine.

The space on arc is reduced.

Strangely however I can go into 30 YOWM mode and even play it! What the ...?

I have played 2 matches on 30 YOWM mode and I see no problems nor I see anything missing. EVEN VIDEOS are shown. I have not played other modes yet too. If anyone can share their 2 cents if would be nice to know what's going on. @Red Rooster maybe? :)

This is for Universe mode:

ptBNeR5.png

pac/evt/Universe00.pac
pac/evt/Universe01.pac
pac/evt/Universe02.pac
pac/evt/Universe03.pac

Create-An-Arena removal

D4q6onD.png

pac/car/carThumb.pac
pac/car/car.pac
pac/car/car_light.pac
pac/car/car00.pac
pac/car/car01.pac
pac/car/car02.pac
pac/car/car03.pac
pac/car/car04.pac
pac/car/car05.pac
pac/car/car06.pac
pac/car/car07.pac
pac/car/car08.pac
pac/car/car09.pac
pac/car/car10.pac
pac/car/car11.pac
pac/car/car12.pac
pac/car/car13.pac
pac/car/car14.pac
pac/car/car15.pac
pac/car/car16.pac
pac/car/car17.pac
pac/car/car18.pac
pac/car/car19.pac
pac/car/car20.pac
pac/car/car21.pac
pac/car/car22.pac
pac/car/car23.pac
pac/car/car24.pac
pac/car/car25.pac
pac/car/parts_ent.pac
pac/car/parts_ring.pac
pac/car/parts_studium.pac

Create-A-Belt removal

1nUeqEp.jpg

pac/cab/CAB.pac
pac/cab/cabThumb.pac
pac/cab/cab00.pac
pac/cab/cab01.pac
pac/cab/cab02.pac
pac/cab/cab03.pac
pac/cab/cab04.pac
pac/cab/cab17.pac
pac/cab/cab18.pac
pac/cab/cab19.pac
pac/cab/cab20.pac
pac/cab/cab21.pac
pac/cab/cab23.pac

Edited by Impaler

When you install the 2k14 game and dlc on a cfw ps3 remember the game copes twice. Once in the Games folder and once in the game folder. You update the arc files in the game folder, however the arc files in the Games folder remains. I'm assuming its a paticular glitch in that regard. And quite possibly a very valuable one at that. Save a backup of those arc files .

• Like 1

This came to my mind too, because of both locations: 'game' and 'games'. I only changed at 'game'. Somehow 'games' being left untouched bought that mode along with it :D

I will play entire 30 YOWM mode once I get done with modding stuff I have planned and will report back.

You ain't gonna believe this. I just ran out of arc space again. And did the same trick removing UNIVERSE mode. Freeing up tons of arc space. I bet I will never run out of it at this point ever. The funny part being - Universe mode still works :DDDDD

ptBNeR5.png

Edited by Impaler

• 2 months later...

With sincere apologies I have to retract my previous statement about universe mode working after removing those lines in the arc. After actively trying to play in Universe mode I notice during first hour that game keeps hanging way too much and I figured that hanging happens when a cut-scene should be happening. Otherwise - the mode works. So all in all to enjoy the universe for what it is those arcs are a necessity. However I still believe that 30 YOWM still work without arc entry. I will confirm or deny it after playing throughout all of the mode in the future.

@N'Jadaka

• 2 weeks later...
  • Impaler changed the title to TUTORIAL: Reduce PS3 ARC file. How to remove 30 Years of WM, Universe, CAB, CAA modes
  • 6 months later...

Well it kind of is the same. But the entries should be at different offsets (those numbers at the left). Keep looking for similar patterns in your arc file and you can definitely remove it.

Story designer i always use to check added alt attire and 30 YOWM i love to play when i change any first attire but now i am fine with arc size that mean i can add more alt attire for any superstar till i got CDLC2 because when i installed the first CDLC my arc go to 188kb then i remove the Create a belt thanks to @Red Rooster for his tutorial and it give me 183kb but now i remove tha CAA and my arc is 173kb so if i add CDLC2 my arc will 178kb but if i found CDLS2 

3 hours ago, Impaler said:

use to check added alt attire

why just not play a match and see if the attire is in? :D

:D:D:D:D just to see more faster that the added attire how is looking but you are right i am so lazy hahhah 

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...