Story Designer mod?

stebbinsd

Year after year, people beg for GM Mode and Story Designer to make a comeback, yet year after year, 2k completely ignores these numerous demands.

It's not even like it would be that difficult to do. If you're worried about the man-hours of programmer labor needed to program the mode, couldn't you just rip the code straight from the older games and just apply the current graphics engine and roster to it?

On this site, there's a plug-in for most wrestling games simply called "WWE 2k1X+." So we've got WWE 2k17+, WWE 2k18+, and so on. This allows you to customize the matches with much more customization options than the vanilla game allows.

So I was hoping a project could be released to allow a sort of story editor in the upcoming WWE 2k19. Rip the interface and code from WWE 2k14 (the last game to have the mode), and simply apply WWE 2k19's graphics engine and roster to it. Instead of sharing our creations on community creations, let us share our stories on this site.

On 8/13/2018 at 8:58 PM, the King Lives said:

Story designer while good had too much bad code which is why it was removed

Taken out of the games, or taken out of the mods here on this site?

If it is the former, then I would still prefer a buggy story designer over no story designer at all.

• Like 1

On 8/20/2018 at 3:10 AM, stebbinsd said:

Taken out of the games, or taken out of the mods here on this site?

If it is the former, then I would still prefer a buggy story designer over no story designer at all.

i'm not a modder i was referring to the actual series.

and i wouldn't it had major issues.

• 1 month later...

Mod like this won't happen.  It just not realistic for anyone to do.  If it could be pulled off either that person should a.) be working at 2K or b.) making their own game.

The closest you will get to it is porting cutscenes from previous games and creating your own scenarios with modding the cast members, scenes, props etc.  Unfortunately, there isn't a walk through on how to do this and only a hand full of YouTubers/Modders know how to do this.

@MrBigShowOff is the best at it ;) 

Modding is not as simple as copying and pasting. And you can't just "apply" the graphics engine and such. For this to be anywhere near possible, someone would have to build this mode from the ground up, which would mean hundreds of hours of coding and developing UI.

• 2 weeks later...

there is a MOD for WWE 2k19Pc where you can edit the cut scenes and you can place your CAWs into them.  It is called "WWE 2k19 Trainer" by KG971 search for their video on Youtube, the Mod is not free, but with it you can do guys vs girls, unlock hidden arenas, mod arenas ( wrestling ring at the Wyatt Compound etc), make totally custom match types, even make changes to the My Player feature and more,  there is so much you can do with it, it is well worth the cost.  I dont know If I can post links on this site as I am new, but you can find the WWE 2k19 Trainer videos on Youtube.  tell your friends! 

• 5 months later...