FIX FOR CORRUPTED GAME FILE

neverfalldown

I have found that if you have the Corrupted Game Save Data error, it's not actually the game save that is messed up, but rather Steam syncing your save to the cloud while you are trying to load the save. What you do is navigate over to the Remote Folder where your game save is, inside C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\330855385\664430\remote. Put that address into your Windows Explorer and you are set to go. Copy both your SaveData and SaveData_Backup to a folder on your desktop, just in case Steam tries to hit you with that "Corrupted File Error" or "Two Versions of the Save, Upload to the Cloud Window". Now, just go into Steam and Exit. Now open up the game. It will sign you back into Steam and Launch your account! You should be able to go.

If not, then just delete the SaveData (first one) from the remote folder. Change the SaveData_Backup to SaveData and copy the new "Savedata" and change it to "Savedata_backup" and you are golden. It's happened to me literally 3 times already in the past 3 days. 

What can cause this error? Slow or spotty internet connection. Go somewhere like Starbucks and have Steam sync your files on their WIFI. Other than that, that's the fix I found. 

• KappaBrain 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have suffered from file corruption a lot of time . In the end I have reached to one conclusion and since then i have no issue. File size of save game . Don't save highlight reels etc in the save which you use for cc. Also after deleting caws do clean up freed up useless images. I keep my image slots slightly above 600 and around 99 megs, any time you may get error claiming community content is corrupt. With that a high possibility of non recoverable save.

• Like 1

@sidkaramat Great information. I have found also that you can just do a LOCAL Backup regularly of the save. But since turning off Steam Cloud, I get no error. But you advice about the CC is awesome. Have you figured out the Content is Damaged error? Does that have to do with the images?

I believe images may hardly go wrong, because i think they convert those to .dds or something, so at least it's highly unlikely that you will get a corrupt image. As per my experience Issue occurs when save file is bigger,  or high number of images slots are allocated, never used sync with cloud feature as i never trust internet availability. So that was the first thing i turned off. The errors i got were always due to high number of image slots allocated and file size. After taking above mentioned measures never got any issue.

• Too Sweet 1