FUTURE OF MY CAWS....

RebelYellPain

Guys, I think I won't create in 2K19 and so... I met the same problem as Liger, Ryee, etc.... One guy simply copied costumes from my Masato Tanaka CAW to his version on PS4... I reported it to 2K, I worked hard to make his costumes looks good and someone just stole it like that... I really understand why most of guys don't want to make CAWs anymore, but if someone will need help with face textures maybe or move-set, etc... just message me, I'm open to help people.

This sucks! All of our great caw creators are leaving because of some lazy worthless peices of shit are stealing from them! Man I'm sorry that this has happened to you . I'm not even going to buy next year's game because of all the great caw makers are quitting! Maybe 2k can fix this problem next year and you and Liger might change your minds. Best of luck man and thanks for the great caws!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, cdiebold1 said:

Who does this hurt?

Well, his PSN is UvularWall4, the guy who stole my logos for Masato Tanaka, he did exactly the same costumes, just changed shoes and added jackets/t-shirts on entrance costume. His excuse was "the most popular costumes of Masato Tanaka" and when I proved him that he stole my logos because they had the same shape, colors (I made colors stronger) and were cut in the same places as mine (I separated few logos from one to two and made colorful border on it), then he blocked me. Ladies and gentelmen... 2K for you who does nothing when you report the problem, you have to deal with thieves by yourself.

• Sad 1

That's so damn messed up Rebel. Hate to see this happening to you, and even worse that 2K gives zero F's about it.

If they keep this up, there won't be much of a CC worth going to. 

• Sad 1

I'm sorry for your friend you know what he's doing now when you spend hours of work and some people bypass the protection with a glitch to say it's their caws. I know that you spent hours to make your caws I am witness since we spoke a lot a few months ago. The decision belongs to you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, LigerBomb25 said:

I'm sorry for your friend you know what he's doing now when you spend hours of work and some people bypass the protection with a glitch to say it's their caws. I know that you spent hours to make your caws I am witness since we spoke a lot a few months ago. The decision belongs to you!

Thank you bro, I will think about it... we will see if in 2K19 it will be protected... if not, then I guess I'll do CAWs in Firepro on PS4 if it will be released in Europe... Characters from NJPW look damn good, I'm hyped for it more than WWE 2K19.

• Woo 1

I support your decision and hope the best for you. I want to say something that might make the awesome creators upset. But back on the older consoles wasn't there a guy named bigchrispirto who was adding renders to other people's caws an uploading them? A lot of creators were so upset calling him a piece of shit a thief and wanted him banned! Now some years later he's still creating and some of the same people are friends with him! Now I don't agree with what's happening here with you,Nick, Ryee and Liger...but hasn't this been going on for a long time? People are always going to use logos from you guys because they are the best logos! How many others have used your logos?You haven't seen them yet because I bet they are on other caws also. The blame is on the people who reupload your work and pass it off as their own. But 2k is the biggest to blame because they allow this flaw in the game! Maybe 2k19 won't allow it to happen especially when you say not to be reupload, that mean no part of the caw logos and face textures. Hope you and the rest really come back for 2k19 because it's a shame that this will keep you from sharing with your fans. Once again thank you again and Nick,Defract, Ryee,Liger and any of the other great creators the best!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Hellrazor70 said:

I support your decision and hope the best for you. I want to say something that might make the awesome creators upset. But back on the older consoles wasn't there a guy named bigchrispirto who was adding renders to other people's caws an uploading them? A lot of creators were so upset calling him a piece of shit a thief and wanted him banned! Now some years later he's still creating and some of the same people are friends with him! Now I don't agree with what's happening here with you,Nick, Ryee and Liger...but hasn't this been going on for a long time? People are always going to use logos from you guys because they are the best logos! How many others have used your logos?You haven't seen them yet because I bet they are on other caws also. The blame is on the people who reupload your work and pass it off as their own. But 2k is the biggest to blame because they allow this flaw in the game! Maybe 2k19 won't allow it to happen especially when you say not to be reupload, that mean no part of the caw logos and face textures. Hope you and the rest really come back for 2k19 because it's a shame that this will keep you from sharing with your fans. Once again thank you again and Nick,Defract, Ryee,Liger and any of the other great creators the best!

We will see.... I just got tired of it, you know... working hard, looking for great reference pics... I even asked Masato Tanaka on Twitter to send me pictures of his costumes... he gave me link to his designer who posts his costumes on Twitter and someone stole it just like that.

• Sad 1

On 7/14/2018 at 11:41 PM, Hellrazor70 said:

That wasn't what was going on with Big Chris Spirito - he worked TIRELESSLY to contribute to the CAWmunity. He uploaded 1000s of textures for people before we could officially do it and added renders to the best CAWs for people to enjoy. He wasn't looking for glory and anyone who was annoyed by that is a baby. He's a good egg.

Sorry to hear this Rebel. Hopefully 2k will sort this issue but it usually takes 2 games to get a serious issue for creators fixed. It's encouraging that 2k came to the best creators for their advice and feedback for the new game, so there may be some decent improvements.

The only time 2k does anything is when you upload something you're not suppose to.. its b.s. I get a warning for uploading something that I'm gonna personally use and not upload on CC..

12 minutes ago, EvolutionIV said:

The only time 2k does anything is when you upload something you're not suppose to.. its b.s. I get a warning for uploading something that I'm gonna personally use and not upload on CC..

I still think it's weird and more than a little fucked up how they censor images of nipples, but they don't censor caw thieves. 

53 minutes ago, NickBreaker said:

That wasn't what was going on with Big Chris Spirito - he worked TIRELESSLY to contribute to the CAWmunity. He uploaded 1000s of textures for people before we could officially do it and added renders to the best CAWs for people to enjoy. He wasn't looking for glory and anyone who was annoyed by that is a baby. He's a good egg.

Sorry to hear this Rebel. Hopefully 2k will sort this issue but it usually takes 2 games to get a serious issue for creators fixed. It's encouraging that 2k came to the best creators for their advice and feedback for the new game, so there may be some decent improvements.

I'm not trying to put Chris down I actually like his uploads and the logos he took time to make. What I was referring to was before when guys like MSTClaye and others were on a forum saying that he was adding renders to caws and not getting permission. I'm not trying to piss you off or anyone else. I don't agree with stealing others creations just trying to point out that people are always looking for a short cut. And that it starts with 2k to let this happen and not do anything about it. 

1 hour ago, Mrmorbid81 said:

I still think it's weird and more than a little fucked up how they censor images of nipples, but they don't censor caw thieves. 

That was pretty much my point.. I mean I get it I tried to get away with uploading Fale's "F*ck Em" shirt logo but it's fricking censored anyway and doesn't actually say the word.. I forgot to download it when I uploaded it so that blows.. I'd rather take the strike and be able to use it then take the strike and not like I did with my Henry Godwinn when I uploaded the confederate flag (once again for my own personal use and not for the community)..

9 hours ago, NickBreaker said:

Exactly, he used to do that for so many people on 360. Nicest guy too. This whole stealing fiasco is total bollocks & just kills it for everyone.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This sucks and tbh I don’t know why 2k can’t add a feature that if you use an image uploaded by another creator that it doesn’t say that automatically in the caw description. It should basically tag every logo you upload and if it’s used anywhere else it should put you in the caw description. I wouldn’t think it would be that hard of a feature to add. Yes it doesn’t stop people from using it but it gives the creator more exposure the more that logo is used. Just an idea. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NickBreaker said:

Or just be able to toggle on/off whether people can reupload logos attached to a CAW, same as you can either the full model.

Hope to see you again this year....your Jerry Lynn is always a automated download every year. 

• Like 1
  • Woo 1