Question about Chunk0.arc and Chunk0.def [HELP!]

thatintrovertkid

Hey there Smacktalks! Sorry for these dumb questions since I'm new in installing 2K18 mods, so do I have to clear Chunk0.arc and rebuild Chunk0.def using CTT EVERY TIME that I install an alternate attire and a new superstar or is it okay if I install attires for about 4 different superstars and install new mods and only then clear Chunk0.arc and rebuild Chunk0.def using CTT?

Also, some modded attires have no pac numbers when I open them using HxD, any idea how I can edit them? Just simple like changing 61502 into 61512. Thanks!

The Chunk0.arc should only be need to be cleared once unless the game is patched and updated (which I don't think will happen again since 2K19 is on the way).

Whenever you install a new attire or wrestler, YES, you have to rebuild the Chunk0.def file so that it reads the new content you installed.

You can very easily change the attire numbers with those types of pac files that don't have the numbers in them. All you have to do is change the name of the pac file(s) to whichever slots you want, then install them via CCT's pac install option. It will automatically convert the old format (the one without the numbers AKA HSPC) to the new format (the one with the numbers) and insert the numbers you made the file name into the file itself. Super duper easy.

• Glorious 1

You are a lifesaver, haha. Thanks brother! I just started installing mods on my 2K18 yesterday and the last game that I modded was 2K16 and a lot has changed.

Oh yeah, I forgot to answer that other question. You can install however many mods you want at a time, then rebuild your Chunk0.def file. So whether just one or many mods, whenever you're done installing them, rebuild the file and the game will recognize new content has been added.

• Thanks 1

I'm not sure. Those are specific texture files, so I can't say I've ever seen them used as alternate attires. There are a bunch of TX files in the same folder where regular pac files go, so maybe just put them there again, but yeah, I have no clue. What mods did you download that have them?

7 hours ago, BPangilinan said:

Bro, how do I install TX files as alternate attires? I downloaded some mods that instead of CH on their pac files, they have TX. Thanks @The Anti Source

You'd have to convert the textures for those .tx archives and rebuild them as regular texture archives in regular .PACH archives. I've never done it myself, but it isn't the easiest process. You could likely also create a new .tx archive and point the .pac towards using it if you figure out how that's done. Not sure if anyone has yet.

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, The Anti Source said:

I'm not sure. Those are specific texture files, so I can't say I've ever seen them used as alternate attires. There are a bunch of TX files in the same folder where regular pac files go, so maybe just put them there again, but yeah, I have no clue. What mods did you download that have them?

I was hoping to install The Revival white trunks attire and new attires for The New Day (Big E and Kofi have the regular CH files but Xavier only has TX files). Seems like a hassle to convert stuff as of now so maybe I'll just skip those mods.

10 hours ago, Cave Waverider said:

You'd have to convert the textures for those .tx archives and rebuild them as regular texture archives in regular .PACH archives. I've never done it myself, but it isn't the easiest process. You could likely also create a new .tx archive and point the .pac towards using it if you figure out how that's done. Not sure if anyone has yet.

Well I guess no alternate attires for The Revival and Xavier Woods for now. Thanks for answering bro!

8 hours ago, BPangilinan said:

I was hoping to install The Revival white trunks attire and new attires for The New Day (Big E and Kofi have the regular CH files but Xavier only has TX files). Seems like a hassle to convert stuff as of now so maybe I'll just skip those mods.

With the .tx file mods out there you can basically only replace an attire, not add one. So you could do that, but you will lose the original attires due to it.

• Sad 1

• 6 months later...
On 2/3/2019 at 6:50 AM, Mir Ahmad reja said:

Plzzz can someone upload chunk0.arc and chunk0.def original file 

Use Steam to verify your game files. It will download them for you.