Converting Trons into PAC Files

bdeyt_

Hey I was just wondering how do I convert trons in the .bk2 format to .pac files to use in the game. If it's complex it would also be appreciated if someone can help do it for me and I can just share the .bk2 files on Google Drive or something for them to convert. Thx in advance

EDIT: Just so everyone is aware I do know that I have to make the files the right size and I made sure each bk2 file was the right size for each appropriate tron.

Edited by bdeyt_

Entrance titan trons? You don't need them to be in Pac format just move the bk2 into the titantron folder and assign with the data editor or replace an existing tron.

Or are you talking about arena trons?? For arena modding?

Edited by punk-moo

1 hour ago, punk-moo said:

Entrance titan trons? You don't need them to be in Pac format just move the bk2 into the titantron folder and assign with the data editor or replace an existing tron.

Or are you talking about arena trons?? For arena modding?

I'm talking about the entrance trons but like the mini-tron, apron tron, wall tron, and stage tron

oh well for current stars I believe its to do with the naming so say a  current guy will have say his Id number for example 143 will have 3 titan tron named 0, 1 & 2 I believe those correspond to what you need so one will be the main video the other will be the ribbon and then the ring??

Please someone feel free to correct me. 

As I only mod legends stuff I'm not too sure. Have look though, install rad video tools and play the different Bk2 files in the titan tron folder it shouldn't take long to figure what goes where.

if I'm right about those displaying what you want then yes no need to make pac files =, just put your bk2 in  the tron folder

Edited by punk-moo

15 hours ago, punk-moo said:

oh well for current stars I believe its to do with the naming so say a  current guy will have say his Id number for example 143 will have 3 titan tron named 0, 1 & 2 I believe those correspond to what you need so one will be the main video the other will be the ribbon and then the ring??

Please someone feel free to correct me. 

As I only mod legends stuff I'm not too sure. Have look though, install rad video tools and play the different Bk2 files in the titan tron folder it shouldn't take long to figure what goes where.

if I'm right about those displaying what you want then yes no need to make pac files =, just put your bk2 in  the tron folder

They're in the pac folder and there's different folders for each of the trons (stage, wall, mini, apron). I've moved the pac files that others have made before into the folders and it worked flawlessly but I'm trying to figure out how to get my own custom graphics I made for my CAW to be converted so I can replace them with the gfx for someone like Noam Dar who I don't use at all.

They're already bk2 files and the right size for each tron but I just cant figure out how to properly convert them to pac files

Edited by bdeyt_

2 hours ago, Cave Waverider said:

You can use Custom Character Tools' Inject->Custom Tron option to do so easily.

Alright, when I do that will it just replace the trons in each pac file or will I have to do it on the particular superstar I want cuz I'm trying to give a CAW custom trons

45 minutes ago, bdeyt_ said:

Alright, when I do that will it just replace the trons in each pac file or will I have to do it on the particular superstar I want cuz I'm trying to give a CAW custom trons

You can create the trons with an unused ID then assign the ID for all the trons you added to the CAW's .moveset file using Data Editor (you can export the CAW's moveset file into Data Editor with Custom Character Tools to be able to edit it and then use Data Editor's Install .moveset via CCT button to reinject it into the game).

5 hours ago, Cave Waverider said:

You can create the trons with an unused ID then assign the ID for all the trons you added to the CAW's .moveset file using Data Editor (you can export the CAW's moveset file into Data Editor with Custom Character Tools to be able to edit it and then use Data Editor's Install .moveset via CCT button to reinject it into the game).

can you give me in depth instructions to do this?

• 2 years later...
On 6/10/2018 at 1:02 PM, Cave Waverider said:

Ok, so what if you want to do the opposite of this? I have found some ribbons and ramp movies I would like to use but they're in .pac format. I've found that when you simply add a .pac file to game, even if you have the .moveset refer to it nothing plays (please correct me if I'm doing something wrong, by the way).

However, I've found, as you suggest, that if I use CCT to inject a BK2 file, then I add new ribbon and ramp movies without having to overwrite an existing slot. 

So, the question is, how do I extract .bk2 movie files from a .pac?

On 9/5/2020 at 2:01 AM, rynebrandon said:

So, the question is, how do I extract .bk2 movie files from a .pac?

pac editor, takes 5 seconds, open the .pac file inside pac editor, then uncompress

Edited by mattfick

On 9/7/2020 at 12:30 PM, mattfick said:

pac editor, takes 5 seconds, open the .pac file inside pac editor, then uncompress

Reading some of the documentation weeks back, I somehow got the impression pac editor was no longer supported/didn't work with new versions of 2k. Very happy to discover I was wrong. Thanks!

Edited by rynebrandon

6 hours ago, rynebrandon said:

Reading some of the documentation weeks back, I somehow got the impression pac editor was no longer supported/didn't work with new versions of 2k. Very happy to discover I was wrong. Thanks!

it doesnt uncompress oodle files, but is good for everything else.