Random crashes when loading pac files from WWE 2k17 in WWE 2k18

Triadasoul

Guys are there a way to fix wrestlers loading from WWE 2k17 in WWE 2k18. I tried to inject LeonRick's WWE 2k17 Mabel into WWE 2k18 but it crashes randomly when loading, but sometimes work. Are there some manual or guidelines for fixing this issue?

5 hours ago, Triadasoul said:

Guys are there a way to fix wrestlers loading from WWE 2k17 in WWE 2k18. I tried to inject LeonRick's WWE 2k17 Mabel into WWE 2k18 but it crashes randomly when loading, but sometimes work. Are there some manual or guidelines for fixing this issue?

No manuals or tutorials.  What I’ve done in the past is the following:

- Extract all contents of the ch.pac and the PACH within it

- Ensure that the core body objects (objects 0-16) are rendered in the 00.yobj. Any objects that need to be unrendered (use the “turn off” feature in xrey, not the anatomizer feature).  Additionally I load up all objects in 3ds max and ensure everything is connected (vertices are snapped) and there are no breaks or corruption between or on the objects.  Inject any fixed objs back into the 00/other yobjs.

- Optional : Add Animations here if not animated (Tutorial : https://youtu.be/os73Ciu1Dyw)

- Extract the textures in the 0A and 0C. I remove any AO files as they are not needed in 2k18. 

- Ensure either a proper CE file exists or the CE is zeroed out. 

- Ensure CA CD and 50 also exists. 

- Rename all contents of PACH in 4 hexadecimal format. 

- Delete the old 0A and 0C. Create new (ctrl n) 000A and 000C in xpacker.  (Important to make new texture archive and not inject/rebuild).

- Create a new PACH file (ctrl p) with the contents (make sure sort order) in xpacker (create compressed to auto zlib — feature in newest xpacker).  PACH not SDHC - important!  Create new, not inject - Important!

- Take any 2k16 ch.pac, rename it to the new chXXXYZ.pac (XXX being the ch slot and YZ attire slot). Open the new ch in xpacker (ctrl q), right click on the slot and change it to the correct slot and attire slot, then inject the newly created PACH. 

- Put in the pac\ch or mods folder in your WWE 2k18 install. 

- Run WWE 2k18+ or CCT and rebuild def. Try in game. 

- Also Ensure you are using a 2k18 pofo and moveset (not a previous game one or one “imported” with data editor 2018). This will cause a crash as well. 

This is the process I’ve used to fix many older mods to work flawlessly in WWE 2k18. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Thank you for your detailed answer. I already used your youtube manual to convert Kamala from 2k16 to 2k18. Because I don't have X-pacer/X-ray and Pac Tool has no sorting function of packing files, so the method didn't work for me. At last what I've done - I injected unpacked and renamed files in 2k18 similar content file. Strangely but it work (but without skirt and mask). As I understand with 2k17 files the problem is trickier than manual repacking and renaming and If it's already converted to 2k17 format so the poblem is somewhere in 3d max.

As long as I can't repack correctly - I think I need to wright to tekken and ask how much x-pacer/x-ray cost %).

Edited by Triadasoul

What if textures are in different format: *.dds and *.pac. X-pacer refuses to pac textures with different format to one file. How and to what format I should convert them ?

Edited by Triadasoul

• 2 weeks later...
On 05.04.2018 at 5:26 PM, AznBlusuazn said:

No manuals or tutorials.  What I’ve done in the past is the following:

-- Ensure that the core body objects (objects 0-16) are rendered in the 00.yobj. Any objects that need to be unrendered (use the “turn off” feature in xrey, not the anatomizer feature).  Additionally I load up all objects in 3ds max and ensure everything is connected (vertices are snapped) and there are no breaks or corruption between or on the objects.  Inject any fixed objs back into the 00/other yobjs.

- Ensure either a proper CE file exists or the CE is zeroed out.—

This is the process I’ve used to fix many older mods to work flawlessly in WWE 2k18. 

I repacked textures, made new pofo/moveset and made all the thing except X-rey and 3ds max thing - still have random crashes sometimes during loading. So I think the problem is either in CE or in objects. So I have two more questions -

1. How to zero out a CE ? Just creating an empty file should be ok ?

2. Which objects should be unrendered in X-Rey?

1 hour ago, Triadasoul said:

I repacked textures, made new pofo/moveset and made all the thing except X-rey and 3ds max thing - still have random crashes sometimes during loading. So I think the problem is either in CE or in objects. So I have two more questions -

1. How to zero out a CE ? Just creating an empty file should be ok ?

2. Which objects should be unrendered in X-Rey?

1.) Open CE in HxD, ctrl A (select all), right click, fill selection, hex 00 and apply. Save 

2.) Depends on the mod. If someone has anatomized the arms for example, put them back in the Object1 and Object2 slots and then right click on xrey and turn off. 

On 22.04.2018 at 8:47 PM, AznBlusuazn said:

1.) Open CE in HxD, ctrl A (select all), right click, fill selection, hex 00 and apply. Save 

2.) Depends on the mod. If someone has anatomized the arms for example, put them back in the Object1 and Object2 slots and then right click on xrey and turn off. 

It worked, thank you so much! Most of the time it's enough to inject empty CE in Pac editor even without unpacking anything. (I solved this way 6 out of 6 2k17 crashing wrestlers)

CE file if somebody is that lazy %)

Edited by Triadasoul
  • Like 2

On 25/4/2018 at 12:20 PM, Triadasoul said:

It worked, thank you so much! Most of the time it's enough to inject empty CE in Pac editor even without unpacking anything. (I solved this way 6 out of 6 2k17 crashing wrestlers)

CE file if somebody is that lazy %)

Could you try to fix Lawler entrance attire? (Leon's 2k18 mod). I have tried injecting the CE file but still crashes at loading screen

1 hour ago, motishow said:

Could you try to fix Lawler entrance attire? (Leon's 2k18 mod). I have tried injecting the CE file but still crashes at loading screen

Sometimes that doesn't help (but those mods are 2k18 already). I have the same problem for Leon's 2k18 Ernest Miller. As long as I have problems installing X-Rey - I can't make all operations listed up there. If I find solution I'll wright you (and in Leon's thread) about it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...