Status™

Why are we blocking videos?

Status™

Topic title.

AznBlusuazn
2 hours ago, Status™ said:

Topic title.

As far as the modding forums, I don’t think there are restrictions on videos. :)

AlcLegacy

• Too Sweet 2

Smacktalks

Out of curiosity, who do you all think added that rule and why?

Smacktalks
14 hours ago, Status™ said:

Why are we blocking videos?

To answer the question I believe it was Codes that added it a few years back when people were posting topics with only a YouTube video and no text to promote their channels and Universe Mode in particular.

Personally I think creators should be able to post videos to show off their creations in the same why modders do so now it's been brought up I think it's time the rule was amended.

HiPcavallo

YES! Spit on de white devils rules my bruda!

• Bliss 2

Steenalizer

Paul knows de wae my bruddas.

Codes.
4 hours ago, Smacktalks said:

To answer the question I believe it was Codes that added it a few years back when people were posting topics with only a YouTube video and no text to promote their channels and Universe Mode in particular.

Personally I think creators should be able to post videos to show off their creations in the same why modders do so now it's been brought up I think it's time the rule was amended.

It was not a one-sided decision Paul. Don't push all of the blame on me. I wrote most of the rules. Everyone on staff at that time approved them before they went into effect.

For context, at the time, people would create a topic and just post a video or say wrestler name: video. There were people doing it to advertise their channels, instead of trying to share creations with the community. Not like it matters all that much. This place is dead anyway.

• Too Sweet 1

HiPcavallo

Didn’t Paul kinda just add that context, bro?

• Bliss 2

Steenalizer

And it was HiP and I that killed it, amirite @Codes.?

Edited by Steenalizer
  • Bliss 2

Smacktalks
8 hours ago, Codes. said:

It was not a one-sided decision Paul. Don't push all of the blame on me. I wrote most of the rules. Everyone on staff at that time approved them before they went into effect.

I'm not blaming you solely, the staff always have their say in approving rules and it's generally been voted on in the Staff Forums rather than one person making the changes alone.

I just wanted to point this out as theres been some humorous conspiracy theories that I added the rule so that nobody was allowed to post YouTube videos incase it took away from my views lol

• Bliss 3
  • Haha 1

Codes.
5 hours ago, Smacktalks said:

I'm not blaming you solely, the staff always have their say in approving rules and it's generally been voted on in the Staff Forums rather than one person making the changes alone.

I just wanted to point this out as theres been some humorous conspiracy theories that I added the rule so that nobody was allowed to post YouTube videos incase it took away from my views lol

You would have to post your videos on the site first. :p

the King Lives
On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 7:19 AM, AznBlusuazn said:

As far as the modding forums, I don’t think there are restrictions on videos. :)

i really don't understand this topic at all, considering we have a wwe2k18 videos thread that's been on-going since 2k15 (as far as i can remember) so are we talking about posting videos of other people's content or what?

• Haitch 1

Smacktalks
6 hours ago, Codes. said:

You would have to post your videos on the site first. :p

Exactly :lol

HiPcavallo
3 hours ago, Jai said:

i really don't understand this topic at all, considering we have a wwe2k18 videos thread that's been on-going since 2k15 (as far as i can remember) so are we talking about posting videos of other people's content or what?

Trust me bro, you don’t want to understand it.

the King Lives
On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 9:23 PM, HiPcavallo said:

Trust me bro, you don’t want to understand it.

no i don't.

it's not that serious but this topic seems kinda silly to me. especially where we have videos posted all over the place. I've posted entrance and moves vids for some creators, we have a wwegames video thread and we have a Gaming section video thread so i really don't get how/why vids would be blocked/removed.

HiPcavallo

@Jai irregardless of its intention this thread isn’t about youtube vids, bro. Just modding drama, and conspiracy theories. Somehow me, you, and @Steenalizer are responsible.. 

• Bliss 1

pozzum

I've done some clarification text.  If people wish to make more universe centric threads / blogs they can post them to a single thread per respective games.  Spamming rules still would apply to this however.

• Bliss 1
  • Too Sweet 1

the King Lives
4 hours ago, HiPcavallo said:

@Jai irregardless of its intention this thread isn’t about youtube vids, bro. Just modding drama, and conspiracy theories. Somehow me, you, and @Steenalizer are responsible.. 

how the hell am i responsible? i don't know a thing about modding. i don't even have the game for pc.

1 hour ago, pozzum said:

I've done some clarification text.  If people wish to make more universe centric threads / blogs they can post them to a single thread per respective games.  Spamming rules still would apply to this however.

again there's already a universe thread which i initially created and got merged with tornado's video thread. it's in the general 2k18 board. has been there since october. I suggested using spoiler tags if you were posting more than one vid if it wasn't a playlist. that got nerfed/ignored lol

HiPcavallo

@Jai you aren’t responsible, we’re just the scapegoats, because some people are throwing tantrums and need to point the finger.

Penguin

Cept' me.. I'm somehow innocent in all this despite at this point me and HiP are equals..:heart

• Bliss 2

Steenalizer

It was me Austin, it was me all along Austin.

the King Lives
On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 9:12 AM, Steenalizer said:

It was me Austin, it was me all along Austin.

woulda been better with a gif. true i'm usually against gif spam but in this case it shoulda been posted lol

HiPcavallo

Fucking hell Steenalizer, what happened to your gif game, bro?