GBOF Arena Error

PiPPiN

20 hours ago, LordJustice17 said:

Restore your misc01_start files back to the defaults. Your game is likely reading a pre-patch version of the misc_01 that you modified with alt attires unlocked.

Then how can I use alt attires without the mod?

Edited by mason44441

14 minutes ago, LordJustice17 said:

You'll have to unlock them again with DataEditor, but using the newer post-patch misc as your base.

Indeed.

You can also backup the unlocked attire data for all of your superstars by going through your assigned attire slots one by one and exporting each slot's Attire Data to an .attire_names file before you replace the old misc. Then Reinstall the Universal Alternate Attire Unlock (assuming you have the latest version of Data Editor) and import each .attire_names file and save the data to the new misc.

Pro tip: Whenever you add or change attire data with the Alternate Attire Unlocker GUI, Export the new data for the slot to an .attire_names file right after. That way you will always have the latest ones backed up in case anything goes wrong.

• Yes! 1

On 2/28/2018 at 4:47 PM, Cave Waverider said:

Indeed.

You can also backup the unlocked attire data for all of your superstars by going through your assigned attire slots one by one and exporting each slot's Attire Data to an .attire_names file before you replace the old misc. Then Reinstall the Universal Alternate Attire Unlock (assuming you have the latest version of Data Editor) and import each .attire_names file and save the data to the new misc.

Pro tip: Whenever you add or change attire data with the Alternate Attire Unlocker GUI, Export the new data for the slot to an .attire_names file right after. That way you will always have the latest ones backed up in case anything goes wrong.

I tried this but still I could sometimes get it to work but most of the time it did not work. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/28/2018 at 11:47 AM, Cave Waverider said:

Indeed.

I am having this issue as well. I reinstalled the Universal Alternate Attire Unlock and added the attire info back (only using about 20 slots) but the GBOF arena is still glitched.

Is it because I simply reinstalled, without replacing misc01_start.pac with the updated base? Where could I get the updated patched base misc01_start.pac file without verifying file integrity and losing many of my installed mods?

I doubt it has to do with the misc01_start.pac file. Maybe it's one of the other misc files. Did you check under Steam DLC if all the DLC is selected?

24 minutes ago, Cave Waverider said:

I doubt it has to do with the misc01_start.pac file. Maybe it's one of the other misc files. Did you check under Steam DLC if all the DLC is selected?

Thanks for the reply. Yes, all DLC is selected in Steam.

The reason I thought it was related to misc01_start.pac is because of the previous post, and also because it was working until I recently unlocked a few more attires through the Universal Attire Unlock. Do the other misc files have to do with the arenas, and is there any way to refresh those?

I also notice other arenas sometimes do not seem to function properly when this glitch is happening, such as top rope moves suddenly becoming impossible and announcers disappearing. 

The misc01_start.pac included with and used as a base for the Universal Alternate Attire Unlock is based on the latest version from the game (as long as you have the latest version of Data Editor), so there shouldn't be any problem with it. You could try to reinstall the Universal Alternate Attire Unlock and see if that helps any.

Other misc files have to do with arenas, I'm not sure which ones. You might want to ask one of the arena modders about it. Maybe there is also a conflict somewhere else.

Hey, i noticed that i can't select the gbof arena anymore.
it is called RAW now and is greyed out. I haven't installed any .string file
or else to change arenas. 

would be nice if somebody could help me

5qifgagt.jpg

Edited by Cave Waverider
Merged threads of the same topic.

11 hours ago, Punt_Face said:

so i figured out that you just have to restart your game and then it will be called "Great Balls of Fire"
and is playable

I've restarted several times, and it's not playable.

I suspect there's something more to this, but I have no idea why it's happening. Annoying.

• 2 weeks later...