Suggestions for WWE 2K14 Universe mode? Best practices? Avoiding glitches?

Impaler

Hi guys, I'm finally done creating my 51 CAWs after 1,5 years and I'm ready to hit the universe mode for the first time ever in any WWE game.

And I wonder what advice you would have for me in order to enjoy WWE Universe mode to the fullest?

I have heard about some glitches in the past where manually made tag teams and stables can be broken? And is there a possibility of CAWs' movesets be somehow damaged? I'm not sure if the last one is correct. Are there any more ugly glitches I should look out for?

Ideally I hope to play with all my 51 CAWs randomly against the CPU wwe superstars and between CAWs. Should I make for example SmackDown with only CAWs on its roster and RAW - with superstars + caws?

What it the true way of enjoying universe mode? How should I go about it. Any and all suggestions are welcome.

Edited by Impaler

I always turn off team formation/breakup off in the universe story options.

There are some weird cutscene glitches that cause the wrong person to come out or for tag teams to be mixed up but there is no way to fix it that I know of.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Red Rooster said:

I always turn off team formation/breakup off in the universe story options.

There are some weird cutscene glitches that cause the wrong person to come out or for tag teams to be mixed up but there is no way to fix it that I know of.

This.

Also, if you use a paint-tool logo as a brand or ppv logo you can get crashes. Also tag team matches can appear to 'crash' on the loading screen, but if you wait for several minutes (seriously, could be up to 5) the game will wake up and continue loading.

Just curious - why only 51 CAWs? I never seem to have enough slots

• Like 1

13 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Just curious - why only 51 CAWs? I never seem to have enough slots

Well first off 51 CAWs are original ones, not like recreated wrestlers from the past. They are all unique characters with their moves, personas and each of them have 4 well made and though out attires to fit their main attire/personality and even moveset. This baggage of CAWs was created throughout my whole life starting with WWF WarZone and for the first time in history all of them will be in one single game. (recreating Caws from games like wcw mayhem, ecw anarchy rulz, SD1/2 and so on).

I've spent countless hours each day over a period since last november. I'm totally burnt out at this point. So its been like 51 CAWs x 4 (attires) = 204 CAWs. I'm in the process of finalising their movesets and that may be going well over for another 2-4 months time. but since I got most of the moveset done right I want to start enjoying the universe I created after slaving away in front of the TV for almost 1.5  years like a zombie. I sure could have used that time for better use. But its done. :D perhaps one day I'll share what I've made.

Edited by Impaler

I'm impressed at your vision!

I guess I'm the complete opposite, using my CAW slots to have 'unloved' guys like Bastion Booger and Mean Mark Callous in my game

I hope the tips help you create the Universe you want anyhow

• Like 1

I forgot about the custom logo for a brand causing a crash when you go to edit the matches for each show. I experienced this a few times. Wow the heck would this not be patched? Again, one of the drawbacks of being required to come out with a new game each year. If I recall--2K15 was a piece of crap.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Edit allies and rivals, it make the game more realistic when you put someone in a feud with a enemy. Other good change i use is edit the atributes, and when i put someone in a title picture, i make sure his momentum is high, idk why, but the feud always is more atractive and had more cutscenes of course.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

idk this might sound a bit dumb on my part but I tried playing a bit with my universe and when my CAWs get into feuds I usually pick one which I'm playing for throughout the whole rivalry and win every match with it. Rarely do I ever get any interesting cutscenes. mostly handshakes or punch the balls after the match thats it. no surprise attacks or any other activities or promos. its getting monotonous real fast. Though I have played only through 3 PPVs and weekly shows. is this all this game has to offer? :) is this normal or should I play a lot more before it gets more interesting?

last time I played such a mode was back in KYR or HTCP days and even then I was more interested. and I know its not a road to wrestlemania or a story designer mode but common :)

• 6 months later...
On 2/14/2018 at 10:12 PM, El Guapo said:

Also tag team matches can appear to 'crash' on the loading screen, but if you wait for several minutes (seriously, could be up to 5) the game will wake up and continue loading.

I just spend a few hours setting up my universe including tag teams and THIS has happened to me immediately on my first tag match. And the second. Left a shitty taste in my mouth after all the effort... Gonna now let the game stay for 5-10 minutes and see if the game actually loads. Missing out on tag team action would suck quite a lot. I recon no fix was ever made by the community to address this?

EDIT:

After playing one match leading into a tag team and advancing straight into a tag match seemed to work after roughly 5 minutes. I'll see if that works when going straight into a tag match from calendar. And yes, it gets going on too after a few minutes.

EDIT 2:

I had two matches come up where both superstars and the ref during the time when you select who you control appear to be shrunk. That is another bug. Once you select somebody the CPU barely moves and if you win the match you get a black screen. Is that a consequence of all the modding? Even though participants are a CAW and a regular superstar who is already in the game. What a pile of bugs!

Is there no cure?

@N'Jadaka @Red Rooster

Edited by Impaler

2 hours ago, Impaler said:

I just spend a few hours setting up my universe including tag teams and THIS has happened to me immediately on my first tag match. And the second. Left a shitty taste in my mouth after all the effort... Gonna now let the game stay for 5-10 minutes and see if the game actually loads. Missing out on tag team action would suck quite a lot. I recon no fix was ever made by the community to address this?

EDIT:

After playing one match leading into a tag team and advancing straight into a tag match seemed to work after roughly 5 minutes. I'll see if that works when going straight into a tag match from calendar. And yes, it gets going on too after a few minutes.

EDIT 2:

I had two matches come up where both superstars and the ref during the time when you select who you control appear to be shrunk. That is another bug. Once you select somebody the CPU barely moves and if you win the match you get a black screen. Is that a consequence of all the modding? Even though participants are a CAW and a regular superstar who is already in the game. What a pile of bugs!

Is there no cure?

@N'Jadaka @Red Rooster

The long loading time with tag matches can be avoided if you create the tag matches yourself, if you let the game book the tag matches in universe mode it seems to take forever to load.

All 2k wwe games are buggy pieces of shit, even 2k19 is full of fucking bugs unfortunately you just have to learn to live with it.

• Like 1

alright one more question. is it okay if I set up 6 major shows (monday thru saturday) with 7 matches per each show. And have PPVs on every sunday of the month featuring all of the shows?

I'm thinking of setting up 6 different rosters. And PPVs would feature like that: brand 1+2, brand 3, brand 4+5, brand 6. for one month PPVs. The other month would have brand 1, brand 2+3, brand 4, brand 5+6. Plan is to keep mixing featured brands on PPVs throughout the whole year so everyone gets enough action. And certain brands on occasion when being the only ones on the PPV would have a themed event attached to it. do I make any sense here? can I ditch minor shows and not miss out on anything important/fun?

@Red Rooster @N'Jadaka @stlpowercat

Edited by Impaler