Ported Entrance and Victory Animations with Breakout / Run-in - UPDATE 26th February / Modified Big Boss man entrance and winning animation with Nightstick

BlindedByTheGrace

10 hours ago, TheKreator said:

Just had a great match with Classic Bossman vs Hacksaw Duggan and both the 2x4 and night stick worked!  I did notice the night stick was out of alignment with Bossman's hands though.  Looks like the prop object's center point was in Bossman's hand, which made the handle of the stick float outside his hands.  Do the prop objects allow you to adjust an anchor/pivot point for alignment?  Like define the handle as the center point which would then align back with his hand?  Thanks again for working on this!  I was hesitant to use the 2x4 prop since I enjoy playing as Bossman, so it's amazing to have the best of both now!

Hi,

I have updated the Big Boss man entrance mod with the 2k18 Night-stick which has the proper handle placement. The updated download link is in the first post.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, squaredcirclefan said:

Hi,

I have updated the Big Boss man entrance mod with the 2k18 Night-stick which has the proper handle placement. The updated download link is in the first post.

I loaded the files in, rebuilt the def, and Big Boss Man (Retro) Entrance works great now, but his Victory had the 2x4 (but out of alignment).  Boss Man 99 entered with the 2x4 as well (but I didn't win a match with him to check his victory.)

* I'm using the /mod/ directory, and I've noticed with certain files (non ch files) if the filenames do not match the original files, even after rebuilding the def they don't always take precedence over the defaults in the main /pac/ folder.  I'll try renaming them to the default names (instead of with the _custom_description suffixes) and see if that works.  (I have a hunch that's what the problem is.  The prop works and has a suffix, so not sure...)

EDIT:  Hmm, I guess that's not it.  I noticed I also had Piper's entrance and other files with suffixes and those have worked with the /mod/ folder.

Edited by TheKreator

10 minutes ago, TheKreator said:

I loaded the files in, rebuilt the def, and Big Boss Man (Retro) Entrance works great now, but his Victory had the 2x4 (but out of alignment).  Boss Man 99 entered with the 2x4 as well (but I didn't win a match with him to check his victory.)

* I'm using the /mod/ directory, and I've noticed with certain files (non ch files) if the filenames do not match the original files, even after rebuilding the def they don't always take precedence over the defaults in the main /pac/ folder.  I'll try renaming them to the default names (instead of with the _custom_description suffixes) and see if that works.  (I have a hunch that's what the problem is.  The prop works because it's the default file name.)

Hi,

Has this issue been sorted ? You will have to remove the default files or else they will conflict.

2 hours ago, ahmedmedo07 said:

silly question can you port chris jericho' 00 from 2k17 i think this year entrance from attitude era  and the one in 2k15,16 and 17 from ruthless aggression era 

Hi, I have looked into your request. I have seen that the Jericho 00 entrance in 2k18 is a different one. I have ported over the necessary files. I haven't assigned the entrance to a different slot as I don't want it to conflict with the entrance id assigned for another mod. here is the download link

https://mega.nz/#!EjQxhDaR!DoMyje4OwnaqOWWLrPhGVjSI_jqeRSseUOpJ9MGvjfc

This replaces the default 347 entrance so you will need to backup the originals, delete them from the folders and put these in it's place. (Instructions are in the zip) Do let me know if the entrance works properly.

Edited by squaredcirclefan

1 minute ago, squaredcirclefan said:

Hi,

Has this issue been sorted ? You will have to remove the default files or else they will conflict.

Still testing some things.  If I understand the way it works correctly, the /mod/ folder should be loaded instead of the original files when located there and the def file is rebuilt.  Now that I think of it, the Piper entrance works because it's not replacing an existing entrance, just being added to the load and referenced with a custom moveset from Data Editor.  With the Boss Man files, they should be replacing the default files, so I think they do have to match the exact file name of the defaults to properly load in place when using the /mod/ folder.  Will update here in a few minutes after I give that a shot and rebuild the def once again.

2 minutes ago, TheKreator said:

Still testing some things.  If I understand the way it works correctly, the /mod/ folder should be loaded instead of the original files when located there and the def file is rebuilt.  Now that I think of it, the Piper entrance works because it's not replacing an existing entrance, just being added to the load and referenced with a custom moveset from Data Editor.  With the Boss Man files, they should be replacing the default files, so I think they do have to match the exact file name of the defaults to properly load in place when using the /mod/ folder.  Will update here in a few minutes after I give that a shot and rebuild the def once again.

Correct. Do let me know the results after testing in game.

7 minutes ago, squaredcirclefan said:

Correct. Do let me know the results after testing in game.

Yep, that was exactly it.  Once I renamed the evt files to just the default names, rebuild the def, it worked perfectly for both Retro and 99 version and victories with perfect alignment of the night stick!  Awesome job!

9 hours ago, motishow said:

squaredcirclefan do you know how to disable the monochrome filter on hollywood hoganentrance if you cancel the entrance?

Hi,

No not yet. Still looking into it.

@squaredcirclefan @Cave Waverider I have managed to find a way to edit one vanilla of the 4 rtcs files in 2k18 and use one master one that we can manage/update for modded entrances.. but I need to know where the 2k15 rtcs_step.pac is or the location of the info (for example, the CM Punk/Hogan info)?  Do you think you can point me in the right direction?  Once I verify it works, perhaps we can collobrate to make a "master" rtcs_step file that will cover all ported entrances/victory scenes and Cave can update data editor to reflect all the evt IDs (I can start a Google Sheet with universal evt IDs that work with music/trons that everyone can use)?

• Yes! 1

4 hours ago, AznBlusuazn said:

@squaredcirclefan @Cave Waverider I have managed to find a way to edit one vanilla of the 4 rtcs files in 2k18 and use one master one that we can manage/update for modded entrances.. but I need to know where the 2k15 rtcs_step.pac is or the location of the info (for example, the CM Punk/Hogan info)?  Do you think you can point me in the right direction?  Once I verify it works, perhaps we can collobrate to make a "master" rtcs_step file that will cover all ported entrances/victory scenes and Cave can update data editor to reflect all the evt IDs (I can start a Google Sheet with universal evt IDs that work with music/trons that everyone can use)?

Hi, 

I haven't found the rtcs_step file for wwe 2k15. In 2k16 the file is called rcts.pac. I have only copied and pasted values for other in game characters and changed the slot numbers to the Hex ID of the ported entrance. I believe it will be better to copy the rcts values from 2k15 directly for the 2k15 ported entrances if one knows where 2k have stored them.I have also realised copying the data from another slot did not enable the slot.(For instance I copied data from another slot to the 109 slot but the entrance music and graphics were still not displayed when I assigned an entrance to the slot) . I also discovered the modern Hulk Hogan model did not appear in his entrance when using the Wrestlemania arena until I selected data from another character and pasted in the 475 (DB 01).

It's not really a one size fits all situation with these entrance id's as when a new ID is added, it will have to be tested in game with the particular entrance in game.

We will also need to realise that run-in and breakout was not available in wwe 2k15 and 2k16 only had entrance run-in and breakout.

Edited by squaredcirclefan

On 2/12/2018 at 2:35 AM, squaredcirclefan said:

Presently the Breakout does not work with classic Hulk Hogan,Modern Hulk Hogan and John Cena's 2k15 entrances (The run in does work, so the character can run -in during the opponents entrance).

This is due to the entrance animation data file, the 00.dat file in the EVZ for both 2k15 entrances being structured differently. The  00.dat file in the Hollywood Hulk Hogan entrance,CM Punk and Rey Mysterio is structured in the same format as the new entrances.

Hulk Hogan's Retro won't allow run-in because the entire entrance is one segment.  Unless you can find a evt in 16-17-18 that allows run-ins that is one segment and use the in the rcts, I don't think its going to work.  I looked into this for a while.  One option would be to break it up into segments but I don't have the time to breakdown the structure and offsets of the 00.dat for the cast animations.  

On 2/14/2018 at 11:45 AM, Cave Waverider said:

It might be a good idea at this point to just add all the possible IDs in there. That way you'd cover all these animations from previous games as well as any future animations people would like to add as ID in the form of mods.

I'm working on a universal EVT ID list for ported/created evts (since I've made a few).  Also I have everything mapped out to add all the possible IDs with the compatible runin/breakout files.  I've gotten started already with several 2k15/2k16 entrances/victories.  I will have literally everything between 15-18 that is possible to be ported (from 0100-9999 to all 4 games).  Also, I have found a way to update 1 file that does not impact the other rcts files so you don't have to keep injecting over the default files.  This will make it easy when it is done to just distribute one file.

Stay Tuned.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AznBlusuazn said:

Hulk Hogan's Retro won't allow run-in because the entire entrance is one segment.  Unless you can find a evt in 16-17-18 that allows run-ins that is one segment and use the in the rcts, I don't think its going to work.  I looked into this for a while.  One option would be to break it up into segments but I don't have the time to breakdown the structure and offsets of the 00.dat for the cast animations.  

I'm working on a universal EVT ID list for ported/created evts (since I've made a few).  Also I have everything mapped out to add all the possible IDs with the compatible runin/breakout files.  I've gotten started already with several 2k15/2k16 entrances/victories.  I will have literally everything between 15-18 that is possible to be ported (from 0100-9999 to all 4 games).  Also, I have found a way to update 1 file that does not impact the other rcts files so you don't have to keep injecting over the default files.  This will make it easy when it is done to just distribute one file.

Stay Tuned.

Brilliant idea @AznBlusuazn. I will be looking forward to the finished work. I did realise too that the Hogan retro and modern entrance00.dat files are one segment. I also noticed that all the 2k15 entrances with one segment don't have advanced entrance files . Only the 2k15 entrances with multiple segments work with breakout/run-in enabled, like the Hollywood Hogan, CM Punk, Rey Mysterio. They all have advanced entrance animations. I will have a look to see if any of the 2k16 easy entrances have only one segment.

Now one discovery I made is that in the wwe 2k14 ps3 extracted files I have, the retro Hogan and modern Hogan have advanced entrances (109 and 412) but these were removed in 2k15 .

8 minutes ago, squaredcirclefan said:

Now one discovery I made is that in the wwe 2k14 ps3 extracted files I have, the retro Hogan and modern Hogan have advanced entrances (109 and 412) but these were removed in 2k15 .

Unfortunately the only real thing usable in the 2k14 evt is the camera 0A — can’t use the 00 because the bones are different in last gen. 

Just now, AznBlusuazn said:

Unfortunately the only real thing usable in the 2k14 evt is the camera 0A — can’t use the 00 because the bones are different in last gen. 

That's true. 

By the way do you happen to know which file controls which entrances are enabled. What I mean is when you set certain ID's for ported entrances, the music and titantron don't play.

So the Hollywood Hogan 2k15 Monochrome is controlled in the 0A in the EVZ.  I have confirmed this by changing the camera to someone else (like Rock) and the filter disappeared.  I changed the other files in the EVZ and references in the EVP, the 0A is the only one that made the difference.

I won't be able to look at much tomorrow.  I wanted to see if either @squaredcirclefan or @jakeypearce could look at this with me.

If you take the 0A from 11413 evz from 2k15 - you should be able to single out the section for the second scene in the 413 evz 0A from 2k15.  Jakey, I know that you have knowledge of where different parts of the cameras are in this / animations.  So perhaps if the three of us could put our heads together and eliminate the camera angles and camera movements from the sections.  I am about 95% sure that the monochrome filter code is sitting in that range, either in between the two YANM references or in one of the POF0 footers.  If either of you have some time, maybe zeroing out parts of this area in trial and error, and see if the second scene (where the monochrome flip on) can stay in color, we are in business.  Going to post this in the discord as well.  We are close guys.  Let's do this!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AznBlusuazn said:

So the Hollywood Hogan 2k15 Monochrome is controlled in the 0A in the EVZ.  I have confirmed this by changing the camera to someone else (like Rock) and the filter disappeared.  I changed the other files in the EVZ and references in the EVP, the 0A is the only one that made the difference.

I won't be able to look at much tomorrow.  I wanted to see if either @squaredcirclefan or @jakeypearce could look at this with me.

If you take the 0A from 11413 evz from 2k15 - you should be able to single out the section for the second scene in the 413 evz 0A from 2k15.  Jakey, I know that you have knowledge of where different parts of the cameras are in this / animations.  So perhaps if the three of us could put our heads together and eliminate the camera angles and camera movements from the sections.  I am about 95% sure that the monochrome filter code is sitting in that range, either in between the two YANM references or in one of the POF0 footers.  If either of you have some time, maybe zeroing out parts of this area in trial and error, and see if the second scene (where the monochrome flip on) can stay in color, we are in business.  Going to post this in the discord as well.  We are close guys.  Let's do this!

Wonderful discovery @AznBlusuazn, will look into this as well.

2 minutes ago, ahmedmedo07 said:

hey another request could you port batista machine gun victory from 2k16 

Hi,

Batista's 2k16 machine gun victory has been ported I think. Ok. Give me some time to look into your request.

5 minutes ago, squaredcirclefan said:

Wonderful discovery @AznBlusuazn, will look into this as well.

Check discord. Think Jakey is more present there than Smacktalks. 

Just now, squaredcirclefan said:

Hi,

Batista's 2k16 machine gun victory has been ported I think. Ok. Give me some time to look into your request.

I ported Batista victory on my thread @ahmedmedo07