Ported Entrance and Victory Animations with Breakout / Run-in - UPDATE 26th February / Modified Big Boss man entrance and winning animation with Nightstick

BlindedByTheGrace

Hi,

I have been looking into enabling the Breakout and Run In feature for Ported Victory and entrance animations for older games. 

As we all know, the breakout or Run Icon isn't displayed when using ported victory animations for older games like 2k16 and 2k15. The feature will still not work even if the ID of the ported animation was changed to the ID of an in-game victory animation.

https://streamable.com/7uf37

https://streamable.com/cbxpe

UPDATE : I have found a better way of achieving this . The rcts_step.pac file contains entries for all in-game entrances, Tag entrances,Victory animations and Tag Victory animations. All I have done at the moment is decompress and add the Hex entries. Will explain in detail in a later post as I am still looking into understanding the data files. However , breakout and Run-in works  on these animations which whose Hex ID's I have added to the file

CM Punk's Victory and Entrance

Sgt Slaughter's ported modified entrance (  @AznBlusuazn's mod)

Hulk Hogan's Victory and Champion Victory 

Hollywood Hulk Hogan's entrance. ( The monochrome filter is disabled when the breakout is triggered at any point during his entrance)

Rowdy Roddy Piper entrance and victory animations.

(If you require any ported entrances to be added , feel free to request .Just let me know the Pac ID of the file and I'll add them in)

UPDATE 3: 14th February

Added id entries for the Rey Mysterio  ported entrance and Victory animations in @AznBlusuazn's Rey Mysterio port (Breakout and Run-in now works with the animation)

UPDATE 4: 26th February

Breakout and Run-in now works on 2k15 Hulk Hogan retro and modern entrances, many thanks to @AznBlusuazn for his discoveries. (You will notice in the clip below that other than the breakout /run-in, the opponent exits the ring when he enters,fixing the issue with where he collides with the opponent in the ring)

https://streamable.com/weosv

Breakout and Run -in now works on the John Cena 2k15 entrance. (As requested by @jakeypearce)

New download link.(rcts-step.pac update 4)

https://mega.nz/#!p34jHC4R!s3P4lb7K7lMnlsgfI1rISigYivavrFqY_YsGsKQUUf4

Instructions : extract and copy the file to the pac/evt folder. Do remember to backup the original.

BIG BOSS MAN NIGHT-STICK FIX ( @Dennis-Bieser's Duggan Mod) -Request - UPDATED with the 2k18 night-stick as the handle on the 2k16 stick isn't alight properly with his hand.

This is a fix for the Bossman night-stick which is replaced by Duggan's two by four if you are using his Hacksaw Mod. What I have done is change the prop ID of his stick and  modify the prop ID in his entrance and winning animations. The zip file (link below) consists of the prop, both entrances (retro and 99) ,winning animations (retro and 99) and champion entrance.

gameplay entrance link below

https://streamable.com/de6ku

This does not in anyway affect @Dennis-Bieser's awesome mod as he has used Bossman's advance entrance files which I have not modified. Download link below

https://mega.nz/#!h2pAzbzb!kZYemeZBv-DwTYDu_onlEMQt5OsrEYO92EdCiYptG00

INSTRUCTIONS :

Place the evt files and the prop file in the appropriate folders. Remember to back up the originals and rebuild the chunk0.def file.

Edited by squaredcirclefan
  • Like 4
  • Too Sweet 3
  • Glorious 1
  • Yes! 1

• BlindedByTheGrace changed the title to PORTED VICTORY ANIMATIONS WITH BREAKOUT/RUN IN FEATURE

Nice.

Curious, would it also be possible to change all the 7000 references to 6131 (just taking the Punk one as example) and use it in that animation slot instead, or are the breakout prompts tied to the slot numbers?

On a side note for people that wish to try this mod, a more elegant and safer way than replacing files is to add them to the WWE 2k18\mods\Ported Animations\pac\evt\ folder and Regenerate the Chunk0.def file with Custom Character Tools 2018. That way you don't replace anything, the game uses the files in the mods folder and you can easily go back to the original files if needed without having to cry on the forums that somebody sends you the files you lost and "forgot" to backup. ;)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cave Waverider said:

Nice.

Curious, would it also be possible to change all the 7000 references to 6131 and use it in that animation slot instead, or are the breakout prompts tied to the slots?

Hi,

I tried this, but the game crashed when loading the Victory selection menu. I suspect all default and ingame slots are registered in a different file (Maybe the evt data file) It might be possible to add ported animations to this list. ( Just came to my mind. I haven't tested this yet)

15 minutes ago, squaredcirclefan said:

Hi,

I tried this, but the game crashed when loading the Victory selection menu. I suspect all default and ingame slots are registered in a different file (Maybe the evt data file) It might be possible to add ported animations to this list. ( Just came to my mind. I haven't tested this yet)

Hm, do they work in the actual game (not create an entrance) if you assign them to the .moveset via Data Editor? If they do, then it might just a matter of adding the entries to the in-game menu to make them work in the in-game creator, which can be done by following  @jakeypearce's Tutorial (in principle, the tutorial should work in a similar manner for various create menu entries for entrance animations, victory animations, trons, music, etc.).

10 minutes ago, Cave Waverider said:

Hm, do they work in the game if you assign them to the .moveset via Data Editor? If they do, then it's just a matter of adding the entries to the in-game menu, which can be done by following  @jakeypearce's Tutorial (in principle, the tutorial should work in a similar manner for various create menu entries for entrance animations, victory animations, trons, music, etc.).

the feature wouldn't work just by adding the ported animations to the in game selection menu. ( i already tested this) the shdc id for the 07000 file is key in this case as the feature only worked when i created a new  EVZ pac and named it with the SHDC id. When i injected the CM punk 6131.pac file it didn't work.

All the entrance and victory animations have shdc pac files and i believe those ID's are referenced elsewhere.

2 minutes ago, squaredcirclefan said:

the feature wouldn't work just by adding the ported animations to the in game selection menu. ( i already tested this) the shdc id for the 07000 file is key in this case as the feature only worked when i created a new  EVZ pac and named it with the SHDC id. When i injected the CM punk 6131.pac file it didn't work.

I see, that's too bad. Then there is probably one of those mysterious files that assigns which IDs have which features somewhere, similar to which wrestler IDs and attires are allowed to pull straps down, define separate entrance parameters for attires per Wrestler ID, add new music/sound, etc.. If we could only find the file(s) that control this kind of stuff, we'd make a big step in the direction to finally be able to fully modify the game.

Just now, Cave Waverider said:

I see, that's too bad. Then there is probably one of those mysterious files that assigns which IDs have which features somewhere, similar to which wrestler IDs and attires are allowed to pull straps down, define separate entrance parameters for attires per Wrestler ID, add new music/sound, etc.. If we could only find the file(s) that control this kind of stuff, we'd make a big step in the direction to finally be able to fully modify the game.

That's correct. I will look into finding the reference file. I personally don't like replacing in-game files if possible so I will probably just leave it at these 2 I've replaced. If I had to port more including the entrance animations, one will end up having to replace too many files as it's so difficult to justify replacing any one in the first place.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Cave Waverider said:

Regarding the straps, those wrestlers have extra YOBJ's of the attire with the strap pulled down in their ch pac (like Kurt Angle, I have checked this). The animation data is also stored in the YOBJ. This is the case with Tye Dillinger. I just simply extracted the knee pad YOBJ in his 2k17 ch pac and injected it into his 2k18 pac.

26 minutes ago, squaredcirclefan said:

Regarding the straps, those wrestlers have extra YOBJ's of the attire with the strap pulled down in their ch pac (like Kurt Angle, I have checked this). The animation data is also stored in the YOBJ. This is the case with Tye Dillinger. I just simply extracted the knee pad YOBJ in his 2k17 ch pac and injected it into his 2k18 pac.

As I understand it, the problem is that pulling the straps down only work on the first attire (or rather attires with strap functionality already available in the game) and only for certain wrestler IDs, even with the extra yobj. I believe @AlcLegacy hasn't been able to get it to work for Kurt Angle's alternate attires nor Undertaker's, for example (although they work for the first attire, chXXX02). It's been assumed there may be another file somewhere that controls this, possibly related to physics data. Not sure about Tye's kneepads, I haven't had a chance to test them on an alternate attire.

Awesome work as always 
you are a squared Circle fan and i am your Fan 
for your outstanding work 
can you Port Cm punk Entrance like By replacing Someone From the current Roster 

3 minutes ago, Arif1243 said:

Awesome work as always 
you are a squared Circle fan and i am your Fan 
for your outstanding work 
can you Port Cm punk Entrance like By replacing Someone From the current Roster 

Hi, Thanks for the appreciation. I am currently testing at the moment. I seem to have found a better way to do this. Will post the results soon. I will fulfil your request anyway.

• Too Sweet 1

2 hours ago, squaredcirclefan said:

Hi, Thanks for the appreciation. I am currently testing at the moment. I seem to have found a better way to do this. Will post the results soon. I will fulfil your request anyway.

3 hours ago, Cave Waverider said:

As I understand it, the problem is that pulling the straps down only work on the first attire (or rather attires with strap functionality already available in the game) and only for certain wrestler IDs, even with the extra yobj. I believe @AlcLegacy hasn't been able to get it to work for Kurt Angle's alternate attires nor Undertaker's, for example (although they work for the first attire, chXXX02). It's been assumed there may be another file somewhere that controls this, possibly related to physics data. Not sure about Tye's kneepads, I haven't had a chance to test them on an alternate attire.

Hi, updated information in the first post.

• Glorious 1

14 minutes ago, Arif1243 said:

so is cm punk entrance working if yes 
who did you replaced 

CM punk entrance and victory animations are working with the breakout/.Run in.No need to replace any entrance. You can delete the previous files downloaded and replace them with the originals (0700.pac and 06499.pac) . All you need to do is download the file in the new link and paste it in the pac/evt folder.

@squaredcirclefan Do you have also find a way to got ported superstars from 2K15/2K16 out of the ring during an entrance? It looks weird when Hogan enters the ring and another superstar stands in the ring with his "idle" animation. It is just a problem with old ported superstars. Is there a way to "fix" that?

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 1

Hmm good question.I believe the 2k17 and 2k18 entrances, have an extra line of animation in their 0fop  files which control the motion of the opponent towards the end of the animation. I don't think this data is in the 2k15 evt's. I will have a look. probably possible to hack the animation in .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Arif1243 said:

In create an entrance what should i select 
to assign Cm punk entrance 
Should i select generic superstar 1

No, you don't need to do that anymore. Do not adjust anything in the game. CM Punk should still be assigned to his own entrance (00131) as set before . All the data is in the file I uploaded.

@squaredcirclefanI haven't had the time to test your files, but now I have. Your mod also makes the superstars go out of the ring during entrance, so my mentioned bug has also fixed with your files, which is great by the way. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!

But it seems to work only with wrestler who have the "Break out" during entrance enabled.

For example if Hollywood enters the ring it works, but if current Hogan enters the ring, it doesn't work.

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Glorious 1

26 minutes ago, TheVisitorX said:

@squaredcirclefanI haven't had the time to test your files, but now I have. Your mod also makes the superstars go out of the ring during entrance, so my mentioned bug has also fixed with your files, which is great by the way. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!

But it seems to work only with wrestler who have the "Break out" during entrance enabled.

For example when Hollywood enters the ring it works, but if current Hogan enters the ring, it doesn't work.

You're welcome @TheVisitorX. I have noticed the issue with both Hogan mods. Only the run in feature seems to work for both mods and the opponent doesn't leave the ring during entry. Works fine for Hollywood Hogan. I have also enabled the feature for the ported Roddy piper entrance and Victory animation. I will still look into the Hogan issue .

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, squaredcirclefan said:

You're welcome @TheVisitorX. I have noticed the issue with both Hogan mods. Only the run in feature seems to work for both mods and the opponent doesn't leave the ring during entry. Works fine for Hollywood Hogan. I have also enabled the feature for the ported Roddy piper entrance and Victory animation. I will still look into the Hogan issue .

Great stuff. How much room is there in the rcts_step.pac to "fix" entrances and victories the way you did? Would it be possible to simply add all possible entrance IDs in there (0100-0999, 6100-6999, 9100-9999 and also 1X100-1X999 in case it works the same for advanced entrances) to work with any potential ports and mods in the future? Or do you have to add more than just the ID?

• Like 1

There is room to add more ID'S.Though the rcts file doesn't have entries for advanced entrances, only single, tag and universe mode entrances and winning animations from 100 -9999. Each id multiple lines of data, between 10 and 30 for each ID. I just did copy and paste , then changed the ID. 

7 hours ago, squaredcirclefan said:

No, you don't need to do that anymore. Do not adjust anything in the game. CM Punk should still be assigned to his own entrance (00131) as set before . All the data is in the file I uploaded.

how ?