Porting Entrance and Victory Animations from older Games Discussion

THEpaynexkiller

Discuss Porting Entrance and Victory Animations from older games in this thread!

I have an interesting request, what about the entrance animations from older games that include championship titles? 

Hi ,

As stated in an earlier post, I've been looking to see how run in's and breakout can work with ported 2k15 entrance and Victory animations, like CM Punk's and Hogan's for example.

What I had to do is extract the EVP and EVZ Data and inject into one of the default entrance and victory animations. I used the Savio Vega entrance animation and one of the Generic Victory animations .I changed the ID of the animation data files to the ID of Savio Vega's with an hex editor and injected into the Savio vega entrance pac  I tested with CM Punk and Hulk Hogan. Here is a clip of the Hollywood Hogan entrance with breakout triggered during his entrance.

https://streamable.com/ru9t6

I have also tested the victory animations for both and the breakout trigger is enabled during the victory animation. 

• Too Sweet 2

That is pretty awesome!  I would love to see a step by step on how to do that as I have a few 2K15 entrances I use.  (And several I'm trying to figure out how to port though mostly tag/trio entrances from prior games for Legends - for example, Natural Disasters with Jimmy Hart, Savage with Elizabeth, Bushwhackers with Andre, DiBiase with Andre, etc)

4 minutes ago, TheKreator said:

That is pretty awesome!  I would love to see a step by step on how to do that as I have a few 2K15 entrances I use.  (And several I'm trying to figure out how to port though mostly tag/trio entrances from prior games for Legends - for example, Natural Disasters with Jimmy Hart, Savage with Elizabeth, Bushwhackers with Andre, DiBiase with Andre, etc)

What games are these entrances on ? I mean the one's you are trying to port.

2 minutes ago, squaredcirclefan said:

What games are these entrances on ? I mean the one's you are trying to port.

I believe 15 and 16, though I've not yet found which EVT files are which.  The Natural Disasters and Bushwhackers were from DLC in the Showcase mode I think in 2K16.  Savage with Elizabeth was part of the Showcase vs Ricky Steamboat at WrestleMania 3 and has way better animation than the individual Savage entrances.  I'm still looking through all the old forum posts to see if there was an index of which files are which wrestlers, etc... for those games.

53 minutes ago, TheKreator said:

I believe 15 and 16, though I've not yet found which EVT files are which.  The Natural Disasters and Bushwhackers were from DLC in the Showcase mode I think in 2K16.  Savage with Elizabeth was part of the Showcase vs Ricky Steamboat at WrestleMania 3 and has way better animation than the individual Savage entrances.  I'm still looking through all the old forum posts to see if there was an index of which files are which wrestlers, etc... for those games.

The Natural disasters with Jimmy Hart entrance is in 2k16, though i don't think it is selectable. The pac number for the animation is 00784_dlc40 The Steamboat vs savage showcase mode was in wwe 2k14.

1 hour ago, TheKreator said:

I'm still looking through all the old forum posts to see if there was an index of which files are which wrestlers, etc... for those games.

You can download each games' Edition of Data Editor (for games since 2k15) and look in the .data files dealing with entrance/victory animations where most of the IDs and names should be listed (just open them with Notepad or any other text editor). The IDs are also in the names of the .evt files (except in 2k15, where multiple are packed together).

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Cave Waverider said:

You can download each games' Edition of Data Editor (for games since 2k15) and look in the .data files dealing with entrance/victory animations where most of the IDs and names should be listed (just open them with Notepad or any other text editor).

Yes I did check. The Natural Disasters with Jimmy hart isn't listed in the 2k16 data Editor.

• Thanks 1

Also for the Disasters + Jimmy entrance, I’m pretty sure Jimmy is considered a prop.  You’ll have to edit the EVP to point to Jimmy’s slot in 2k18.  Otherwise he wont appear and just have his collapsed clothes and megaphone in the middle of the ring.

• Too Sweet 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, AznBlusuazn said:

Also for the Disasters + Jimmy entrance, I’m pretty sure Jimmy is considered a prop.  You’ll have to edit the EVP to point to Jimmy’s slot in 2k18.  Otherwise he wont appear and just have his collapsed clothes and megaphone in the middle of the ring.

I wondered about that, because he does carry the megaphone and there was even custom audio of his voice yelling through the megaphone.  I have Jimmy in 2K18 as a manager, but haven't edited to specify characters in entrance slots.  (Is this like the Undertaker/Paul Bearer entrance in that regard?  I just created them as a Tag Team and assigned the entrance there which I was hoping maybe with Jimmy would work as a Trio Entrance in a team configuration.)

2 hours ago, TheKreator said:

I wondered about that, because he does carry the megaphone and there was even custom audio of his voice yelling through the megaphone.  I have Jimmy in 2K18 as a manager, but haven't edited to specify characters in entrance slots.  (Is this like the Undertaker/Paul Bearer entrance in that regard?  I just created them as a Tag Team and assigned the entrance there which I was hoping maybe with Jimmy would work as a Trio Entrance in a team configuration.)

@AznBlusuazn I just copied the Trios entrance Natural Disasters and Jimmy Hart from 2k16 to 2k18, assigned it as tag entrance and assigned Jimmy Hart (ID 825) as second Manager to both Earthquake and Typhoon but didn't add him to the team. Playing a normal tag with Manager, they came out with the Trios Entrance and Jimmy even had his megaphone and used it properly (no voice, obviously - I didn't copy the megaphone prop, I guess it must still be in the game). I didn't change anything in the entrance file. The lighting is too dark, as per usual and would need to be changed for it to look better.

I also copied the Natural Disasters with Jimmy Hart Trios victory animation, however, the megaphone appeared half-buried on the floor of the ring with that. I'll try adding Jimmy and see if it works properly when he's assigned as trio manager.

• Like 1

Very cool!  I added the entrance (but not trio victory, which file is that?) and then created a team and used Data Editor to assign the Trio entrance and Jimmy Hart (manager) as a third member.  That didn't work.  Just skipped the entrance all together.  I'll try assigning it as their tag entrance instead and see how it goes!

2 hours ago, TheKreator said:

Very cool!  I added the entrance (but not trio victory, which file is that?) and then created a team and used Data Editor to assign the Trio entrance and Jimmy Hart (manager) as a third member.  That didn't work.  Just skipped the entrance all together.  I'll try assigning it as their tag entrance instead and see how it goes!

If the entrance skips for you, you probably haven't added it to the Chunk0.def file. Use CCT to regenerate the Chunk0.def file, it should definitely display the entrance.

The trios entrance works for me with Jimmy Hart as a team member, but Jimmy is invisible if he is a team member. He works fine if he isn't in the team but assigned as Manager.
However, the trio victory animation (06805.pac) seems to only work with Jimmy set as a team member and he's jumping around celebrating with his megaphone while the Disasters pose (but not if he isn't in the team and just a manager, he'll just stand ringside and the megaphone will be half-buried in the ring).

I'm now using this entrance with Jimmy Hart for the Nasty Boys and Money Inc. as well.

@squaredcirclefan, since this Entrance/Victory animation discussion is arguably of off-topic derailing the move animations thread, would you like me to move all the entrance/victory animation discussion so far to a separate discussion thread so people can continue there instead?

• Like 1
  • Too Sweet 1

Apologies for derailing the thread!  But I do appreciate the info!  Maybe a new thread is a good idea.

I did regenerate the ChunkDef, but I'm thinking when assigning 784 as the Entrance in DataEditor, maybe 784 is not where it went after using CCT to import it?

EDIT:  Figured it out - CCT didn't copy the pac files to the mod folder when using the install function, so I manually copied and regenerated ChunkDef.  Works!  (I wonder if there's any way to figure out how to get Jimmy's audio to work now.  - I think the best bet is replacing the entrance theme with one that has Jimmy's audio baked in - but then singles matches might be odd hearing him when he's not there.)

Edited by TheKreator

17 minutes ago, Cave Waverider said:

If the entrance skips for you, you probably haven't added it to the Chunk0.def file. Use CCT to regenerate the Chunk0.def file, it should definitely display the entrance.

The trios entrance works for me with Jimmy Hart as a team member, but Jimmy is invisible if he is a team member. He works fine if he isn't in the team but assigned as Manager.
However, the trio victory animation (06805.pac) seems to only work with Jimmy set as a team member and he's jumping around celebrating with his megaphone while the Disasters pose (but not if he isn't in the team and just a manager, he'll just stand ringside and the megaphone will be half-buried in the ring).

@squaredcirclefan, since this Entrance/Victory animation discussion is arguably of off-topic derailing the move animations thread, would you like me to move all the entrance/victory animation discussion so far to a separate discussion thread so people can continue there instead?

@Cave Waverider, yes as it's a different topic altogether.

• Like 1

@squaredcirclefan, as requested I've moved the discussion about porting entrance and victory animations to this separate thread. Please continue the discussion here, everyone!

By the way, in case I missed any posts, please report them and I'll merge them here ASAP.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Cave Waverider said:

I'm now using this entrance with Jimmy Hart for the Nasty Boys and Money Inc. as well.

Hi @Cave Waverider, tested this out too and experienced the same results. However looking onto the EVP for the victory animation, its has Jimmy Harts Character ID as his 2k16 ID (601) which is different from the 2k18 allocated mod ID (825). Not too sure how much of a difference this makes.

1 hour ago, squaredcirclefan said:

Hi @Cave Waverider, tested this out too and experienced the same results. However looking onto the EVP for the victory animation, its has Jimmy Harts Character ID as his 2k16 ID (601) which is different from the 2k18 allocated mod ID (825). Not too sure how much of a difference this makes.

Which byte is it? Changing it to 825 might allow Jimmy to appear in the victory animation when he's set as a Manager.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cave Waverider said:

Which byte is it? Changing it to 825 might allow Jimmy to appear in the victory animation when he's set as a Manager.

Hi,

its byte 146 -147 (92 -93 in hex)  EAC6 -60102. ch60102 is Jimmy's 2k16 pac number.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Cave Waverider said:

Just had another idea if it doesn't work. Testing this by replacing all three ID's in the EVP with The Author's of Pain (Akam and Rezar) and Paul Ellering who is buy default set as their manager and testing the entrance and victory animations.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, squaredcirclefan said:

Just had another idea if it doesn't work. Testing this by replacing all three ID's in the EVP with The Author's of Pain (Akam and Rezar) and Paul Ellering who is buy default set as their manager and testing the entrance and victory animations.

Sadly neither setting Jimmy's ID in the EVP nor setting Akam, Rezar and Paul Ellering's IDs instead of the Disasters and Jimmy  works for the victory animation as manager. :(

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Cave Waverider said:

Sadly neither setting Jimmy's ID in the EVP nor setting Akam, Rezar and Paul Ellering's IDs instead of the Disasters and Jimmy  works for the victory animation as manager. :(

Hmm, oh dear. I'm thinking there is another file in 2k16 which controls this then. When working with move animations, I've realised that a lot of  animations have two files, so apart from the main animation file, there is a separate one which might control some aspects of the motion like the  splash pin or diving pin, elbow and leg drop pin combo's. . There is probably a workaround in 2k16 which 2k implemented and if that file is not ported over, it probably wouldn't work