'sup. Got some odd move values in here

tokidoim

Haven't been hacking much, lately. Real busy at work, etc. But I was going through the lists of move values and I got a few unselectables that I guess noone else has found.

Ready Grapple Spear : 12BC - looks very similar to the regular running grapple spear, but you get a much louder pop from the crowd

Hogan Fury Punch & Grapple : 12E8 - it's the "YOU!" punch ending in a G2 grapple

Head & Arm Slam : 138D - a no-frills Rock Bottom/Book End

I went through all move values from 1000-1636 and documented everything on paper. That covers 99% of all ready grapples, running grapples, and some front TB grapples, except for those that auto-teleport you somewhere ( like the Ultimate Slam & Splash ). I don't know if I'll have the motivation to post everything, what with SD5 coming out soon, but if anybody needs values for those types of moves and you can't find 'em, request here.

A Very good listing can be found here:

http://jesseelevine.proboards19.com/index....&num=1059440592

Why is that listing is not posted on this site? I dunno. Seems to me we'd all get more done if we stuck together...

nosig

Edited by tokidoim

While I'm on the subject of move mods, just thought I'd let ya know that most Ready Grapple moves look pretty good as running grapple moves. Same for running strikes as ready strikes and Aerial down moves as Ground Strikes. I just gave my Sumo CAW the 5-star for a ground strike move and it looks pretty damn cool.

nosig

Awesome work, Toki. I was wondering though, did you happen to find the value for Ground Grapple O(It's always the Raise animation)? Because it would be cool to have a CAW have their own custom way of lifting opponents off the ground without actually having to use one of other Ground Grapple slots(e.x. Up, Right, Left). That'd be pretty cool to have.

Oh, and I haven't checked that Standing Spear out, but it could just be the standing Gore from Just Bring It, all though there isn't much of a difference between the running Gore in SYM, and standing Gore in JBI.

is there any way to change a moves properties twice? For example how would i make the running ddt a standing move then make it as a special, without turning back into a running special?

Well, this is my first SD game, so I don't know what came before. I just thought it was odd when I found a Spear in with the Ready Grapples and another one with the Running Grapples.

Does anybody know how to do the move from outside the ring to an opponent down inside the ring : where you can do the UT legdrop on the apron or the elbow to throat with the opponent's head hanging over the apron? I found the move values, but couldn't figure out how to do them in a match.

As far as I know, the addys for the O-button grapples without the directional pad are bogus. I tried them out a couple times and they never worked, so I assume the moves for those commands are part of the in-match programming. I'd guess that groung grapple O-button and O-button down would be the same thing. I'll take a look and see.

When you put a move in as a special, the game automatically determines what type of move it can be used as. Just had a thought, though. It's a longshot, but maybe by changing the first digit of the value ( like when reversing the animation ) it might have other effects, like maybe changing what type of move it is...I'll try that out, too and see. If not, I think we're stuck with whatever type special the game says it is...for now.

The Kung-Fu Straight Punch Special is great for a running grapple. My Sumo CAW kicks ass!

nosig

After some checking, I found that you can't reverse the animation of the 2 special moves. If you try, you won't be able to do them because the SD situation never happens, so for now we're stuck with whatever situation the game wants to do the special move.

But some good news: You CAN replace your regular @head and/or @legs pin with another move. The ground grapple D-pad down @ head offset was wrong though. I'm going to fix it now, so as long as you don't mind losing the ability to pin your opponent ( or if you always want to pin your opponent using one of the ground grapples ) you can add 2 more ground grapples!

nosig

nice work. To do moves like takers leg drop u and ur opponent hav 2 be outside the ring and close to the apron. If you then whip him back in to the ring his head will poke out a bit then press O and a direction(i think) then he should do the move. RVD also has a kool one

Tanx. I was wondering about that. I'll look through the blank spots in the move mods to see if that's in there..should be, unless that's linked directly to the fighting style.

Also found new unselectable:

1687 - Super Ninja ( TB back attack : You put opp. on top of TB, then go onto apron and do Ninja )

nosig

12B8 : Hurracanrana 1

11CE : Hurracanrana Pin 1

Just covering the bases, there.

I've now documented up to 171C ( 99% or more of all TB grapples front, back, up and down, all rope down grapples ) and all the Running Strike moves. Looks like they threw the TB running strikes in with the regular running strikes; most only hit in the TB and the ones that hit when not in the TB only give you a weak strike response...but like I said before, most running strike moves work great as ready strikes. I've pinned X-Pac in season mode using 2 Clotheslines from Hell as ready strikes and nothing else.

nosig

PS- btw, smartdude, your banner looks like Jericho celebrating the wedding of Mr and Mrs Kurt Lesnar-Angle...is that intentional?

Edited by tokidoim

Bad ass move with the super ninja, I wonder why the hell they cut that out of the game. I also noticed that the tarantuala is marked as " tarantula 1", figure there might be a second one in there somewhere. That makes two moves I know of so far that didnt make it into the game, the super ninja and the no frills rockbottom. hope theres more and nice job testing

Yeah, I broke down and bought an AR about a month back cause the encryption on GS2V3 is a b***h to test values with. I haven't used the converter in a long time, I just copied the AR2 Encryption chart and I use that now. So I've got this 16-line test code that puts moves into the ready grapple slots of CAWs 1&2 and I check 16 move values at a time ( that's 10 in HEX ) and when I'm done ID'ing them , all I have to do is go back into the code and add 10 to each line and I'm ready for the next 16 values. It goes by pretty quick.

Dacrone - I've got this walkthrough I sent to somebody via E-mail and I actually saved it. If you follow along with it, you should be able to figure any of the Mods, including the name change mods if you want to go one letter at a time. You should read the Commands Page that's linked from kpdavatar's code converter page to help you figure out 8-bit, 16-bit and 32-bit code commands, so you can do up to 4 letters with one line of code.

The walkthrough is long-winded, but I think it's pretty thorough and easy to understand as long as you follow along with it by opening it, kpdavatar's converter, the CAW mods, and a decent listing of move values in separate windows so you can have everything you need for reference.

--------------------------------

Walkthrough with

Explaination

and

=======

example

=======

The format that the PS2 works in is HEX. All the cheat codes for whatever cheat device are encrypted.

Each code consists of an 8-digit address and an 8-digit value. The address determines what can be changed and the value determines what the change is.

What I did with all those superstar and CAW codes was I just gave one address for each character in HEX ( the address is only for reference ) .

================

example - you want to change CAW 6

Find the CAW 6 REFERENCE ADDRESS in the list of wrestlers

CAW 6 : 0040DCAC

================

To get the address for a specific thing you want to change, you add an offset to the address.

================

example - you want to change CAW 6's Ready Grapple Up move

Find the Ready Grapple Up OFFSET in the list of offsets

10000022 : Ready Grapple Up

Use kpdavatar's converter. The first thing you do is scroll down to where it says "AR2 Encryption" and select the BCA99B83 button right below it. That's the basic encryption type for SD4.

Then you scroll back up to where it says "Code:" and select the Hex button below that box. That tells the converter that the code you're entering is in HEX format.

Clear the Code box and put in CAW 6's reference address: 0040dcac

Clear the Hex Offset box below and put in the offset for the Ready Grapple Up move: 10000022

Click the button that says "Add Offset"

You should see 1040DCCE 00000000 in the code box. This is the Hex Address that determines what CAW 6's Ready Grapple Up move is.

================

I listed all known values that could be used with the address you get when you use a specific offset. To complete the Hex Code, just pick a value and put it after the address you get. Remember that the value has to be 8 digits also, so if a value is only 4 digits, put 4 zeroes before it to get 8 digits. If it's only 2 digits, put 6 zeroes before it.

================

example - you want to change CAW 6's Ready Grapple Up move to the F-5

Find the F-5 VALUE in the list of values

1461- F-Five (SP)

Continue using kpdavatar's coverter. In the Code box where it says 1040DCCE 00000000, click after the last zero and backspace past the last 4 digits so you're left with 1040DCCE 0000, then put in the F-Five value. Now you've got 1040DCCE 00001461 in the Code box. This is the Hex Code to change CAW 6's Ready Grapple Up move to the F-5.

================

All the addresses I put in are for NTSC PS2's. In Europe they use PAL PS2's. That makes the game's program start differently : the program is exactly the same, but it shifts the addresses up to a different spot. If you're using a European PS2, you'll need to add another Hex offset to the address in your Code box to make it right. The offset is 00002380. This offset should work for all games.

================

example NTSC - Ignore what I just wrote. It doesn't apply. Your NTSC Hex code is correct.

----------------

example PAL - you need to convert the Hex code from NTSC to PAL

Continue using kpdavatar's code converter. Clear the Hex Offset box again. Type in the NTSC-PAL conversion offset - 00002380. Click the Add Offset button. You should see 1041004E 00001461 in the Code box. This is the PAL Hex code.

================

Once you complete the code, you need to encrypt it so that it works on whatever cheat device you use. Just click the button next to your cheat device.

o AR2 (and GS2v2 or earlier) o Hex

o CB2 o GSv3

================

example NTSC

AR2 (and GS2v2 or earlier) should be CEBE1ACC BCA9AFE4

CB2 should be 1A072DFC 00001461

GSv3 should be 1440B369 3FF8D77C

----------------

example PAL

AR2 (and GS2v2 or earlier) should be CEBDFE4C BCA9AFE4

CB2 should be 1A872DD0 00001461

GSv3 should be 14403729 3F78C53C

================

You just need to follow the directions I gave at the top of the primary post in my thread. Now that you've been "walked through", just follow the same procedure for any of the wrestlers and characteristics.

nosig

thanx alot, but i already read it about 3 hours ago and learned how to get up to 4 at a time, so, i already know, sorry.....but for some reason i cant get val's name change to val venis or triple h's name to hhh or torrie wilson's name to playboy bunny, thats the only 3 i cant get so far.....it is hard, cuz i dont get wat i did wrong, i put them in right and triples name shows up as Triple and torries name is Bunny and flashes torrie wilson really quick and vals name is just s, and those are the only ones i really need help on.......

Finishing Punch - 128D

Power of the Punch - 12DE

Found a few new move offsets, too. Walking Style, Edge of a Ceiling moves, and Rope Down grapples. I'll update when I have a little more time.

nosig

About changing pins, I actually did that myself. I gave my CAW Apocalypse the Darkness Pin as his custom pin. It's pretty cool. Anyway, I'll list what I've done with the move mods that way it could give people some ideas.

Apocalypse

Test Big Boot (Striking Attack Down+X) (Looks awesome)

Diamond Cutter 2 (G1 Down+O)

Darkness Pin (Down Head Grapple Down+O)

The Rob

Karate Kick 1 (Striking Attack Up+X) (Looks awesome, like the real Sweet Chin Music)

Five Star Frog Splash (Aerial Down+X)

Elbow Drop Pin 2 (Aerial Up+X)

STO2 (Counter Grapple Left/Right+O)

Shooting Star Press 2 (Ground Attack Down+X) (Looks great)

Shining Elbow Drop 4 (Special 2)

Super Ninja (TB Back Grapple Up+O) (Awesome move, I don't know why they would remove it from selection)

Well, there they are. They all look really good. It's too back we can't just make the Karate Kick 1 a standing attack Special, it would be better for HBK's Sweet Chin Music. Thanks for all the hard work Toki, and keep it up.

• 3 months later...