Simple Mod Manager 2018 [WIP]

TheVisitorX

Simple Mod Manager 2018 [WIP]

smm.jpg

The following features will be available from the Mod Manager:

- Multiple profiles (Each profile is independent and can contain multiple mod-files)
- Create own mod archives (with password protection, if you want) and categorize them
- Install mods directly from zip or internal smmod-archives
- SMM installs pofo, moveset, team-info and match files automatically after the game has started with the tool
- Organize your mods - browse, enable, disable and uninstall mods at any time
- SMM doesn't overwrite game related files and keeps your vanilla game untouched
- SMM uses a symbolic link to separate your modded directories/files from the vanilla game
- It will load all the mods for the currently selected profile at runtime and delete the link after you've closed the game. It will also add and remove all necessary chunk cache entries automatically!
- Additional command line arguments can be passed
- SMM can be launched via a shortcut or command line to execute a given profile (setup a shortcut with the following: SimpleModManager.exe -profile yourprofile)
- SMM will automatically launch your game with all modded files

~ more info soon

I'm currently looking for some beta testers, so if you would like to test this tool, please let me know!

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 4
  • Too Sweet 6
  • Glorious 2

Thank you guys! There is still a lot of work to do before this tool can be released. Last week I have implemented a new feature which now automatically enables alternate attires. That means, whenever a mod has more than one attire, SMM tries to unlock the locked slots for you (as long as there are some slots left). If a superstar already has multiple attires, SMM will extend the number to match the new count. The base is the "UniversalAlternateAttireUnlock" from @Cave Waverider.

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 1
  • Too Sweet 1
  • Glorious 1

Another new feature has been implemented.

It is now possible to add *.wem theme files to your mods (only replacing!).

The sound must be in *.wem format and needs the right sound id of the theme which has been assigned in the moveset file (ID can be taken from SE).

For example:

Yokozuna mod has a file called "Sumo-JapanesePatriot.wem" , so the corresponding sound file would be 781068020.wem.

If SMM detects a wem file, it will add the file to a new pck archive. So it doesn't overwrite or replace existing files in other sound archives, except for patch30.pck. Since 2K18 isn't able to use/read new sound files, SMM appends the sounds to the latest patch pck file.

It does merge all changes and the existing files from patch30 and creates a backup of the file, which will be restored whenever you close the game and have the tool opened.

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Glorious 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 6/24/2018 at 2:36 AM, FreshRaven said:

Any update on this? Hope to get this asap, but chill out on me. I have time, so take yours bro. :)

It's still under development but there is nothing new to show at the moment. It's mostly polishing and fixing bugs and some design decisions still need to be made. I am currently considering how I could implement this best. These are mainly structural changes, therefore the compatibility with existing mods and, for example, the question of how and if I could identify incompatibilities and how I could leave the user the choice in which slot he wants to install mods.

I'm also thinking about releasing the tool for 2K19, since many mods have been released and probably will not be adapted to SMM, but I want to ensure compatibility. Currently, most character mods are "incomplete", so there are usually no movesets or pofos withing the archives. You have to download them separately.

But it doesn't really make sense to have 2-3 archives per CH mod. So I need to find a way to handle that situation. Any ideas are welcome. 

Another idea was to grab some changes which have been made for SMM and implement them in CCT. For example instead of "injecting" movesets and pofos into memory, there could be another way.. All your movesets and pofos are locally stored and you just put them in a special folder where CCT reads and injects them automatically.  That would have many advantages, for example you could easily change the files with DataEditor. And that would fix some problems where, for example, values are always reset to default values (for example, the location or DLC flag). Since all values will be injected each time you start the game.

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 3
  • Too Sweet 1

• 2 months later...
On 2/8/2018 at 10:05 PM, TheVisitorX said:

Since 2K18 isn't able to use/read new sound files, SMM appends the sounds to the latest patch pck file.

Make a new sound file with say 2 or 3 entrance themes and I might be able to do something about that ;)

Something I bumped into on my trawling through files but because I don't really dabble with audio files I passed over doing anything with it, no promises but no harm in giving it a shot.

I'm happy to offer my services for testing this for you if you're still in need of testers.

Also going to drop you PM regarding an idea I want to pass by you.

Edited by Perfectplex
  • Like 1

On 9/2/2018 at 1:57 PM, Perfectplex said:

Make a new sound file with say 2 or 3 entrance themes and I might be able to do something about that ;)

Something I bumped into on my trawling through files but because I don't really dabble with audio files I passed over doing anything with it, no promises but no harm in giving it a shot.

I'm happy to offer my services for testing this for you if you're still in need of testers.

Also going to drop you PM regarding an idea I want to pass by you.

That sounds interesting. Sorry for my late response. I will send you a link to a "clean" pck file with just 1 or 2 files in a few minutes. Would be interesting to know if it's working. Oh and of course I'm still looking for people who like to test and also have some know how. I'd like to add you to the list :). I hope 2K19 does not require major adjustments here.

8 hours ago, TheVisitorX said:

I hope 2K19 does not require major adjustments here.

I doubt they will stray too far from the current path of how mods are implemented, this is the reason I took a big break from the game, It forces me to forget old habits and come at things from a fresh angle with a new drive to figuring things out.

Of course I will keep you posted on any success I have with an extra sound pack, in theory it should work but I can't promise obviously.

I wont post regarding that in this thread though, I will post to you via PM anything worth reporting.

Loving the idea of this mod manager, it reminds me of Skyrims built in mod manager where you can activate/deactivate mods from a menu, It would be good to be able to revert the game to default by disabling all mods then be able to try different mods.

As for 2K19, I am sure everything being tried for this game right now will be easily ported over, 2K18 modding now is more like preparation for 2K19 but of course it gives 2K18 an extended life for those that can't afford to upgrade for a while.

• Like 1