Just Mods - Piper vs Hart WM8 [WIP], Shamrock vs Rock WM14, Liz, Bulldog '94, Bash at the Beach '96, Jake & Razor packs, Diesel,+Renders and more!

J N

Yes, Matt is an amazing modder. That's when you learn from one of the best. I think it's great that there is another oldschool fan / modder. Thank you for making diesel as soon as you have the opportunity. I appreciate it very much.

Your Razor has done very well. I think there are still many great oldschool mods coming from you. I will certainly use many of them. :)

• Like 1

I for one am very interested in keeping an eye out on what you are creating along with Matt. I too am also a fan of the old school era between the late 80's and early 90's. It was a golden age of wrestling. When wrestling was wrestling if you get me. So yes all in all what you are creating so far is top notch as far as I am concerned and your making a lot of us happy. Keep up the good work and thank you for taking the time to create these mods.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the kind words again.

Tbh, I'm at my absolute limit when it comes to 2k18. It crashes after every full match I've ever tried to play. Most times, I cannot even get to the match. I generally play for the universe mod, but due to constant crashes/freezes I have not been able to save ANYTHING. I cannot edit any shows, teams, rosters. Nothing. It just freezes. My only option is to play the default universe and NOT edit any match (this inevitably leads to crashing).

[also, it's likely not my specs as i'm running well-above what's recommended. I've added a total of 6 mods, which run fine but it's the damn game that keeps failing on me. I don't know what to do at this point. Last ditch effort - currently re-downloading] I honestly hope that the issue is me and there something small and stupid i'm just missing but it's becoming increasingly unlikely that this is the case.

I've tried to be patient and wait for various patches to fix these issues, but I've about had it. Until I get my game working, I won't be able to produce any more mods.

So I'm a drama queen apparently. Verified Steam files and things are running much more smoothly. Disregard all of the previous message.

Edited by Just Not

28 minutes ago, Just Not said:

Thanks for the kind words again.

Tbh, I'm at my absolute limit when it comes to 2k18. It crashes after every full match I've ever tried to play. Most times, I cannot even get to the match. I generally play for the universe mod, but due to constant crashes/freezes I have not been able to save ANYTHING. I cannot edit any shows, teams, rosters. Nothing. It just freezes. My only option is to play the default universe and NOT edit any match (this inevitably leads to crashing).

[also, it's likely not my specs as i'm running well-above what's recommended. I've added a total of 6 mods, which run fine but it's the damn game that keeps failing on me. I don't know what to do at this point. Last ditch effort - currently re-downloading] I honestly hope that the issue is me and there something small and stupid i'm just missing but it's becoming increasingly unlikely that this is the case.

I've tried to be patient and wait for various patches to fix these issues, but I've about had it. Until I get my game working, I won't be able to produce any more mods.

Like @MajorPayne has said have you deleted the contents of the chunk.arc file and rebuilt the chunk.def file after adding each mod. I tread carefully when I say this because I am sure you are an experienced modder who knows these things. However, even the best of folk sometimes miss the minor things. My statement was sent with all good and kind intentions. Ofc it could just be an awful port to PC's. That wouldn't be unusual or the first time. Anyway I hope you manage to fix it. There is nothing worse than having constant failures with a game when you love it, and are dying to play it. Good luck bud.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Goon3r73 said:

Like @MajorPayne has said have you deleted the contents of the chunk.arc file and rebuilt the chunk.def file after adding each mod. I tread carefully when I say this because I am sure you are an experienced modder who knows these things. However, even the best of folk sometimes miss the minor things. My statement was sent with all good and kind intentions. Ofc it could just be an awful port to PC's. That wouldn't be unusual or the first time. Anyway I hope you manage to fix it. There is nothing worse than having constant failures with a game when you love it, and are dying to play it. Good luck bud.

LOL no worries, you're too polite! I'm definitely not an "experienced modder" - just a dude that wants to approve that game. I have no experience with anything computer related and am a complete outsider when it comes to this stuff. I've learned bits here and there, but it's entirely likely that i've missed something quite rudimentary.

I've now verified my steam files and things seem to be running a bit better (only 1 crash so far! in the 15 mins I've tested) Now just have to start adding mods. Hopeful it doesn't all come crashing down and I hurt inside.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Just Not said:

LOL no worries, you're too polite! I'm definitely not an "experienced modder" - just a dude that wants to approve that game. I have no experience with anything computer related and am a complete outsider when it comes to this stuff. I've learned bits here and there, but it's entirely likely that i've missed something quite rudimentary.

I've now verified my steam files and things seem to be running a bit better (only 1 crash so far! in the 15 mins I've tested) Now just have to start adding mods. Hopeful it doesn't all come crashing down and I hurt inside.

Your not on your own. My game crashes and freezes at certain times. However, it is playable too. Things seem to settle down after a few crashes. Mods inevitably screw around with games, causing crashes, freezes, etc. But we all enjoy them especially with PC games which we can mod. My biggest glitch is with Steel Cage matches. Every match I have where you have to escape the cage to win my game crashes or freezes. Every single time. As soon as the wrestler is at the top of the cage..............BOOM! crash or freeze. So I have to play without cages. I haven't got far enough into a Universe Mode and encountered a Cage match. When I do I will edit it so that the rules are for pinfall or submission only. If that crashes then I will make it a different match. But yea that's my biggest glitch which so far as proved unresolved. Here's to hoping it does sometime soon.

1 minute ago, AznBlusuazn said:

Universe mode - are you guys using pac plus slots?  If so are you injecting pac plus at the menu before going in universe?  Just curious 

No, not using any pac plus slots.

2 hours ago, AznBlusuazn said:

Universe mode - are you guys using pac plus slots?  If so are you injecting pac plus at the menu before going in universe?  Just curious 

Azn, just so l'm clear on this, bear with me btw as I am writing this on my Kindle which is hard because of predictive text. This might be where I am falling down here. Once I have started the game and I'm at the main menu screen, do I have to open 2k18+? If so once this is open do I have to manually inject pac plus? Reason I ask is because each time I open up 2k18+ whilst in game a box automatically appears saying pac plus loaded. Even so do I still need to inject pac plus?

Btw I shall be writing my next post on the pc. Kindle 's are not for typing messages on lol.

On 1/28/2018 at 1:47 PM, Goon3r73 said:

Azn, just so l'm clear on this, bear with me btw as I am writing this on my Kindle which is hard because of predictive text. This might be where I am falling down here. Once I have started the game and I'm at the main menu screen, do I have to open 2k18+? If so once this is open do I have to manually inject pac plus? Reason I ask is because each time I open up 2k18+ whilst in game a box automatically appears saying pac plus loaded. Even so do I still need to inject pac plus?

Btw I shall be writing my next post on the pc. Kindle 's are not for typing messages on lol.

If you get the message that pac plus has loaded then pac plus has loaded and you do not need to inject it again unless you restart the game.

33 minutes ago, pozzum said:

If you get the message that pac plus has loaded then pac plus has loaded and you do not need to inject it again unless you restart the game.

Thanks for that pozz *Thumbs Up*

• 2 weeks later...
  • J N changed the title to Just Mods -Diesel, Razor attire packs, Hart Foundation '91, Flyin' Brian Pillman Previews

Nice Pillman! Was watching some old-school WCW War Games the other day. Good Times! I think it could use a bit more of an orange tint to it (looks really close to his skin tone right now), but frigging fantastic otherwise. Cant Wait!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RockBottomCFH said:

Nice Pillman! Was watching some old-school WCW War Games the other day. Good Times! I think it could use a bit more of an orange tint to it (looks really close to his skin tone right now), but frigging fantastic otherwise. Cant Wait!

Fixed :)

Wwe_2k18_Screenshot_2018_02_12_12_29_28_

• Like 1