Converting Pac files with Pac Editor

The Anti Source

Ok, so I remember doing this over a year ago, but I cannot find the tutorial or explanation of how to do it anymore.

So I want to put the 1-2-3 Kid in 2K18. I downloaded the pac files for a total of four attires. The problem though, is that the creator has each pac file under different slots. Now, with "normal" pac files, I can just open Hex Editor, scroll down a little bit, and change the slot number by highlighting the old and typing in the new.

However, these pac files do not have that section of hex that allows you to do that. It just contains odd symbols. When I ran into this last year, I found someone or a link explaining that basically I could inject in this case, the 1-2-3 Kid data into an old pac file. I specifically remember the tutorial having me download The Rock's pac file from 2K16 and using it as a base. I was able to inject 2K17 pac data into The Rock's pac file, save it, then reopen it and change the slot number to whatever I wanted because the correct hex was now inside the new pac.

I still have Pac Editor for 2K17 (not sure if it would be any different from the 2K18 version) and I tried to remember how to do it. I thought I did it somewhat right, but when I loaded up my 1-2-3 Kid, The Rock came out. :smack:

Anyone have any idea of what I specifically need to do?

EDIT: Nevermind. I figured it out by my lonesome. Played around with PAC Editor and it jump started my memory on what to do. I successfully used a 2K16 pac file and transferred the 1-2-3 Kid into it. Made four copies for all four attires and everything loads fine.

Edited by The Anti Source

• 3 weeks later...

An easier way to do this now is to simply rename the file name to chXXXYZ.pac where XXX is the correct Wrestler ID, Y is the correct attire number and Z is the correct attire type, then use Custom Character Tools 2018's Install->CH-Pac file(s) function to select and install the files. CCT's installer will automatically convert any HSPC files to EPK8 if applicable and rename the EMD section to match the XXXYZ in the respective file name. Note that you can also bulk-install a bunch of files this way with that function.

• 4 months later...
On 2/1/2018 at 1:34 AM, Cave Waverider said:

An easier way to do this now is to simply rename the file name to chXXXYZ.pac where XXX is the correct Wrestler ID, Y is the correct attire number and Z is the correct attire type, then use Custom Character Tools 2018's Install->CH-Pac file(s) function to select and install the files. CCT's installer will automatically convert any HSPC files to EPK8 if applicable and rename the EMD section to match the XXXYZ in the respective file name. Note that you can also bulk-install a bunch of files this way with that function.

then where does the file go?  I tried to convert Ax's ch.pac named it 79202 after install i dont see where the new converted file went.  It didn't go into the game with the rest of the CH.pac files.

Edited by BillyTheKid
spelling error

13 hours ago, BillyTheKid said:

then where does the file go?  I tried to convert Ax's ch.pac named it 79202 after install i dont see where the new converted file went.  It didn't go into the game with the rest of the CH.pac files.

CCT installs any .pac files in the \mods\ folder. This allows it to keep the original files intact in case of replacement, which is handy if you ever want/need to go back to any original game files.