Having trouble with ported characters

GingerRevenger

First post on here, any help is greatly appreciated. Didn't see anything talking about my problem exactly, please excuse me if i missed that thread.

I'm trying to load in older characters into 2k18, this is the only reason i bought the steam version. So my first character I'm working on is Roddy Piper. I downloaded wwe 2k18+, deleted the string file, chunk0.def, and chunk0.arc and let 2k18+ put in the correct string, then go to options and pick rebuild def.  I downloaded the roddy piper mod from the option in 2k18+ and it injected profo and moveset. Afterwards i change aiden english alignment and save, then turn off game and relaunch. When i do this i do see Roddy piper as selectable but he's got a default greyed out picture and a rating of 95 (seems a bit high). When i pick him to load in a match it stops on the loading screen and never loads, progress bar is probably stopped at 1% or 2% if i had to guess. Can anyone give me tips on what i'm doing wrong, please? Don't know if this helps, but when i looked at the pac from the 2k18+ menu it shows a roddy piper->0000 at slot 0 and a roddy piper at 717 as well. i tried the same thing with austin aries with the same results, however he did not apear in the pac twice, but still did not load the match and had a default greyed out picture. Hope none of that was too confusing, i am new at modding this game. Thanks.

Hi GingerRevenger,

Sorry for my bad english. It reads as if the chpac file is not in the right place ... or within the chpac is not the correct slot number deposited.
Make sure the file is in the game path (preferably in a custom mod folder.) Check the slot number with the program HXD, the name of the chapac must be correct, and last but not least the rebuild function of WWE 2K18 + again.

1 minute ago, BamBams Universe said:

Hi GingerRevenger,

Sorry for my bad english. It reads as if the chpac file is not in the right place ... or within the chpac is not the correct slot number deposited.
Make sure the file is in the game path (preferably in a custom mod folder.) Check the slot number with the program HXD, the name of the chapac must be correct, and last but not least the rebuild function of WWE 2K18 + again.

Thank you for the reply, your english is fine sir, sounds like you are saying i should put those files in manually instead of through 2k18+ and try the rebuild again? I will try that first thing when i get home. Just to clarify as well on the pac file there was a roddy piper in 717 (the correct slot) then for some reason a second one in slot 0, only 1 showed up in character selection though. The Austin Aries was only in his correct slot when i did the same process, forgot what slot that is, somewhere in the 400s. Not sure if that info is irrelevant or not.

@GingerRevenger

Many Thanks.
Here is the order:

1.) Start the game (main menu) and then start WWE 2K18 +
2.) inject the pofo & moveset via WWE 2K18 + in Slot 717 when it's Roddys Slot
3.) save the changed sentiments within the game at aiden English & close the Game
4.) check the PACH files.
- filename: ch71702.pac (InRing) ch71704.pac (entrance)
5.) Open the two files with the program HXD and search for the slot number. Do they agree? correct if necessary!
6.) Put a folder in your game path: mods \ pac \ ch \
7.) Copy both PACH files into this folder
8.) Go to options in WWE 2K18 + and rebuild the chunk0.def.
9.) Start the game up to the main menu - open WWE 2K18 + and test / play it

Edited by BamBams Universe
  • Thanks 1

@BamBams Universe

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

I've got him in the game now, i've been trying for an entire week at least.

For anyone else reading this having the same issue, follow the guide above. There were 2 things from BamBams Universe that  were different from what i've been doing, i don't know which one worked:

1) In step 4, like he said make sure names match. For example, i had to change from "ch71712_Roddy Piper_2K16_DLC-PerfectPlex.pac" to "ch71712.pac".

2) In step 6, I did not have a mod folder set up.

Two more questions if anyone has time to help. These aren't big deals, but would be very nice.

1) How do you get the picture of the character to show up in character select screen and match load screen?

2) How do you get the name to be announced on the way to the ring and when you select him?

Thanks so much again.

• Too Sweet 1

I am very glad that you have it working :cheers:

ch71712_Roddy Piper_2K16_DLC-PerfectPlex.pac <-- this is also a correct Filename. Important is the first part of the file name.

BUT!

ch71712 <--- 12 = 2nd InRing Attire. you need also a first one.

ch71702 <--- 02 = 1st In Ring Attire. That's the Reason ;)

16 minutes ago, GingerRevenger said:

1) How do you get the picture of the character to show up in character select screen and match load screen?

2) How do you get the name to be announced on the way to the ring and when you select him?

1.)  That is not possible directly. Mods always have the black dummy portrait. There are only two options but none you will like. 1.) You can hide the black image completely 2.) You can only replace render images of existing InGame Stars / Attire.

2.) I hope I understood the question correctly. Can it be that you are not using the English version of the game? If you use the English / American version of the game you will need the Superstring file.  Partly this is already installed by WWE 2K18 +. If you do not use the English / American version it will be more difficult. the modders have only translated the English version this year. There is still a German version, but I do not know if it has been uploaded. Which language does your game have? 

Good Night :)

4 hours ago, BamBams Universe said:

I am very glad that you have it working :cheers:

ch71712_Roddy Piper_2K16_DLC-PerfectPlex.pac <-- this is also a correct Filename. Important is the first part of the file name.

BUT!

ch71712 <--- 12 = 2nd InRing Attire. you need also a first one.

ch71702 <--- 02 = 1st In Ring Attire. That's the Reason ;)

1.)  That is not possible directly. Mods always have the black dummy portrait. There are only two options but none you will like. 1.) You can hide the black image completely 2.) You can only replace render images of existing InGame Stars / Attire.

2.) I hope I understood the question correctly. Can it be that you are not using the English version of the game? If you use the English / American version of the game you will need the Superstring file.  Partly this is already installed by WWE 2K18 +. If you do not use the English / American version it will be more difficult. the modders have only translated the English version this year. There is still a German version, but I do not know if it has been uploaded. Which language does your game have? 

Good Night :)

Hi buddy, can help me with a little tip ?, What process do you recommend to install a ported mod character in an existing slot? I want to replace current wrestlers in order to modify the render

@saskoso

Hi, if you want to completely replace an InGame character with another superstar, you'll need to do several things. If you only have his PACH files then he comes with the in-game name to the ring.

To make it easier to explain, let's take an example. You want to replace Randy Orton with, say, Hulk Hogan.

You need the follow Tools

• HXD
  • The superstring must be installed
  • Data Editor 
  • CCT or WWE 2K18+
  • and all other tools you can find in the bottom in this render video for the rendering (the video is a sample video for 2K17 but you can synonymous with 2K18) so apply. But I can not help you then because I do not use render images.

Steps (before you inject renders) in short:

• do it first a save of all your files in game files (outside from the game folder!) & do a save from the savegame in the steam userdata folder
  • open the hogan pachfile with hxd and change the slotnumber within in ortons slotnumber
  • rename the hogan pachfile in ortons number
  • open Data editor and create a moveset and important...a pofo file with the slotnumber of randy orton. On the namesettings (pofo) you must change the hex codes to hogans hex codes (you find the hexcodes in the string sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1E1044DdQrmdJ_AtfwRXkrv6vo31sdNmAgBaDi29Xiyk/edit#gid=0)
  • save the moveset and pofo 
  • copy the pach files from hogan with the new numbers in the mods / ch / pac folder
  • use the WWE 2K18+ / options Def File rebuilt function
  • sometimes it is necessary to delete the original orton files from the original game path (pac / ch). Actually, the created mod folder should have priority. If you do... so think on the saves!!!
  • open the game in the main menu - open wwe 2K18+ (new open) install the edited pofo / moveset 
  • save the changed sentiments within the game at aiden English & close the Game
  • If you did everything correctly, Hogan should be in the game instead of Orton. BUT now the render settings follow. I can not help here because I never needed it myself. It should still work as in WWE 2K17. Here is a Turorial video. I can not help you then but it is all very complex and I find English difficult .. I recommend you the Smacktalks wiki page.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BamBams Universe said:

@saskoso

Hi, if you want to completely replace an InGame character with another superstar, you'll need to do several things. If you only have his PACH files then he comes with the in-game name to the ring.

To make it easier to explain, let's take an example. You want to replace Randy Orton with, say, Hulk Hogan.

You need the follow Tools

• HXD
  • The superstring must be installed
  • Data Editor 
  • CCT or WWE 2K18+
  • and all other tools you can find in the bottom in this render video for the rendering (the video is a sample video for 2K17 but you can synonymous with 2K18) so apply. But I can not help you then because I do not use render images.

Steps (before you inject renders) in short:

• do it first a save of all your files in game files (outside from the game folder!) & do a save from the savegame in the steam userdata folder
  • open the hogan pachfile with hxd and change the slotnumber within in ortons slotnumber
  • rename the hogan pachfile in ortons number
  • open Data editor and create a moveset and important...a pofo file with the slotnumber of randy orton. On the namesettings (pofo) you must change the hex codes to hogans hex codes (you find the hexcodes in the string sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1E1044DdQrmdJ_AtfwRXkrv6vo31sdNmAgBaDi29Xiyk/edit#gid=0)
  • save the moveset and pofo 
  • copy the pach files from hogan with the new numbers in the mods / ch / pac folder
  • use the WWE 2K18+ / options Def File rebuilt function
  • sometimes it is necessary to delete the original orton files from the original game path (pac / ch). Actually, the created mod folder should have priority. If you do... so think on the saves!!!
  • open the game in the main menu - open wwe 2K18+ (new open) install the edited pofo / moveset 
  • save the changed sentiments within the game at aiden English & close the Game
  • If you did everything correctly, Hogan should be in the game instead of Orton. BUT now the render settings follow. I can not help here because I never needed it myself. It should still work as in WWE 2K17. Here is a Turorial video. I can not help you then but it is all very complex and I find English difficult .. I recommend you the Smacktalks wiki page.

Hey buddy you are AWESOME!!! :cool:

You gave me the complete guide in a concrete way and easy to understand.
Now I feel more confident and I will try the whole weekend!

thank you very much, now I can enjoy the game a little more!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BamBams Universe said:

1) no problem, I didn't know that. 

2) it's English but it is not a big deal either,  I mean the audio of his name isn't there.  For example, the lady says "and on his way to the ring..." she never says roddy piper. 

Thanks again, gonna be adding guys to the game all day. 

The announcement from roddy Piper is not in the game. Although there is the possibility to replace the InGame sounds (here the link to the sound editor) but it is quite expensive.

Nothing to thank for. I am glad that I could help.