TheVisitorX

3 hours ago, myk13 said:

are you able to convert mods from 2k17 to 2k18 with this tool? Does the pach editor add whatever missing numbers are needed?

If you mean convert incompatible mods that don't work in 2k18 (cause crashes, etc.) to a compatible format, then no. It does convert HSPC-format .pac files to EPK8, however, which allows the ID, Attire Number and Type to be changed.

You need to name the files properly, i.e. chXXXYZ.pac (see the Wiki for a description of what the XXXYZ stand for), numbers won't be filled in automatically if they aren't set correctly in each file name. When using the Install->CH-Pac file(s) function the EMD section of the files will automatically be renamed to match the XXXYZ of the .pac file (and in case of a HSPC format file, it will be converted to EPK8 format first, so the EMD section can be easily renamed).

As for .pofo and .moveset files, you can't install ones from older games with it. You can try to use Data Editor to attempt to convert them (and fill in the blanks/manually change and fix values unsupported by WWE 2k18) and send them to CCT, however, although the feature is unsupported, highly experimental and may lead to issues ranging from wrestlers falling down, through the ring/floor up to freezes or crashes, so it's recommended to create the files from scratch or use WWE 2k18 Templates files as base.

49 minutes ago, Cave Waverider said:

If you mean convert incompatible mods that don't work in 2k18 (cause crashes, etc.) to a compatible format, then no. It does convert HSPC-format .pac files to EPK8, however, which allows the ID, Attire Number and Type to be changed.

You need to name the files properly, i.e. chXXXYZ.pac (see the Wiki for a description of what the XXXYZ stand for), numbers won't be filled in automatically if they aren't set correctly in each file name. When using the Install->CH-Pac file(s) function the EMD section of the files will automatically be renamed to match the XXXYZ of the .pac file (and in case of a HSPC format file, it will be converted to EPK8 format first, so the EMD section can be easily renamed).

As for .pofo and .moveset files, you can't install ones from older games with it. You can try to use Data Editor to attempt to convert them (and fill in the blanks/manually change and fix values unsupported by WWE 2k18) and send them to CCT, however, although the feature is unsupported, highly experimental and may lead to issues ranging from wrestlers falling down, through the ring/floor up to freezes or crashes, so it's recommended to create the files from scratch or use WWE 2k18 Templates files as base.

Oh, Im just talking about in general. For example looking at the 2k17 directory there is an EC3 I'd like to use in 2k18. Just trying to figure out how to port him over. I saw some of your tutorials on youtube but they are 2k16 to 2k17 or older versions. 

Edit - I got him to work.

Edited by myk13

19 minutes ago, myk13 said:

Oh, Im just talking about in general. For example looking at the 2k17 directory there is an EC3 I'd like to use in 2k18. Just trying to figure out how to port him over. I saw some of your tutorials on youtube but they are 2k16 to 2k17 or older versions. 

Edit - I got him to work.

Great that you got the mod to work. Many older .pac files of mods will work without issue, although there are a bunch that cause crashes and need to be ported completely, wich can only be done manually by updating the  Model's objets, etc.., depending on where the incompatibility lies.

11 minutes ago, Cave Waverider said:

Great that you got the mod to work. Many older .pac files of mods will work without issue, although there are a bunch that cause crashes and need to be ported completely, wich can only be done manually by updating the  Model's objets, etc.., depending on where the incompatibility lies.

I'm off this weekend, I plan on trying to learn how to do that.

5 hours ago, TheVisitorX said:

Just to avoid any misunderstandings or questions: CCT does not work with the current version 1.07 and requires an update.

is the update released? cause now my CCT say I have an unathurized version of the game  and wwe 2k18+ wont load game directory

CCT 2018 1.0.2 has been released and it's now compatible with the newest 2K18 update 1.0.7. Run the internal updater or download the new setup.

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Hey, first thanks so much for this tool it's an absolute essential.

I've updated to the latest version and I am still getting the "Please Run as Administrator" alert when I attempt to inject a render. Any idea on what the issue might be?

Thanks again

3 minutes ago, Just Not said:

Hey, first thanks so much for this tool it's an absolute essential.

I've updated to the latest version and I am still getting the "Please Run as Administrator" alert when I attempt to inject a render. Any idea on what the issue might be?

Thanks again

I have investigated that issue but couldn't reproduce it. I'M not sure why that happens for some users. Do you have a mod folder in your game directory?

20 minutes ago, TheVisitorX said:

I have investigated that issue but couldn't reproduce it. I'M not sure why that happens for some users. Do you have a mod folder in your game directory?

Yes I do. I've noticed that the DDS file is being added to the directory in the mod folder despite the alert still occurring.

Render is showing in game thankfully so that's all that really matters. Still getting that weird alert thing though.

Edited by Just Not

26 minutes ago, Just Not said:

Yes I do. I've noticed that the DDS file is being added to the directory in the mod folder despite the alert still occurring.

Render is showing in game thankfully so that's all that really matters. Still getting that weird alert thing though.

This message occurs when there was an IOException thrown during the injection process. So it's strange that everything is still working in game. Could you send me your render pac file?

Edited by TheVisitorX

hey, so i installed trons (apron, mini, wall, ramp) via cct and i assigned it to empty slot (0177_0_0)

however, the trons didn't show up in the game. i did set it all up on Data editor as well but nothing showed up.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5.2.2018 at 3:33 PM, Status™ said:

Will CAW Render support ever be a thing?

Yes, maybe, if I find the time to take a look. The problem is that the renders are in memory and I'm not sure how to replace it and what area is necessary for that.

27 minutes ago, jboe2012 said:

Quick question but is there a way to export my player pofo & moveset to use outside of my career? 

It should be possible yes, but it isn't implemented yet. Reason for that is that all memory addresses are dynamic, so each time you start the game they are different. Until you use some sort of pointer. That makes the updating difficult and prevents us from updating the content via data.xml file. That's the reason why it hasn't implemented yet. I'm not a big fan of "my career" and "universe mode", but there were some questions regarding that topic in the past. Maybe I will implement a routine for that specific case, but I can't promise. There is a trainer which has - I think - support for editing "My Career" superstars, but I'm note sure, because it's pay-ware.

Edited by TheVisitorX