• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cave Waverider

• SigoComoSiempre

• Goon3r73

• Jay™

5 hours ago, Robbie686 said:

How’s the c beta coming along @Cave Waverider?

The Closed beta has been going rather well. We are still waiting for Custom Character Tools to join the fray so we can test the features that depend on CCT. Hopefully that will go as well as the rest has gone so far. :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ankitgamerz zone said:

any approx time when  the data editor  will be released?

4 hours ago, mr.mael said:

Quick Q. Any idea of when the tool will be released?

Ps: I really appreciate the work you've and everybody in this community have done to make this game better.

When it's ready. Barring and other bugs that take time to fix being found, it mostly depends on when our testers will be able to test it with CCT at this point.

8 hours ago, Cave Waverider said:

When it's ready. Barring and other bugs that take time to fix being found, it mostly depends on when our testers will be able to test it with CCT at this point.

And how much do you think that may take? :(:(:(:( 

Just a short question.

Is it possible in this years version to insert tag team info files into the universe tag team slots? In last years version you can do it but you can not find this teams in the universe mode.

It's been rather quiet since the last development update. Testing has been going rather smoothly, with only minor bugs and issues found and corrected so far. The lack of public updates was mainly because there was nothing visually new to show. However, I've just added a new feature to support for Manager Attires in the latest closed beta build, which I can tease you with a screenshot of:

2qdd8hf.jpg
Hopefully the feature is free of bugs and issues, but we'll see in testing.
We're still waiting for Custom Character Tools to be ready to enter closed beta status so the testers will be able to test all the CCT functionality of Data Editor as well. Hopefully that will happen sooner rather than later.
Since some of you have inquired, there is no release date set. I know you are waiting eagerly, but Data Editor for WWE 2k18 will enter open beta when it's been deemed ready for it in order to minimize the risk of nasty surprises and the spreading of potentially bugged files created by early closed beta versions for our users.

• Too Sweet 1

Looks really good what you guys are doing. I commend all of you whom have helped Cave with this. @Cave Waverideryou and everyone who is helping you with this are doing a grand job. It will be a pleasure to use the tool once it is released. Carry on the good work. I hopefully will learn a thing or two with 2k18 and maybe for the next years game I can help a little. But for now awesome work from you guys. Big thanks to you all.

The Attire unlocker has been rewritten almost completely. Instead of the old, large window that lists 100 slots it's now a smaller window that resembles the old Attire Name Editor and has all the functions required. The way it has been recoded makes it easer to maintain and more flexible to update should something change in the future. Due to the fact that most parts have been rewritten it will require some extensive testing still.
Here is an image of it from the latest closed beta build:
Data_Editor_2k18_Teaser_New_Alternate_At

• Like 4
  • Too Sweet 1

The latest closed Beta build of Data Editor now comes with new (Save) "as" buttons that bring up a file dialog to freely save the files with whatever names and in whichever folders people desire. The old buttons for the one-click quick save method are still there as well for those that prefer that. Here is a teaser for those of you that don't have closed beta access:

Data_Editor_2k18_Teaser_Save_As_Dialog.j

• Like 2
  • Too Sweet 1

On 11/18/2017 at 2:22 AM, Norulf793 said:

Just a short question.

Is it possible in this years version to insert tag team info files into the universe tag team slots? In last years version you can do it but you can not find this teams in the universe mode.

So this would be involved with the CCT interaction to an extent.  From a teaminfo file perspective there is no difference between the universe and my wwe team info.  Perhaps @TheVisitorX can allow some sort of checkbox on the new CCT to inject them into the universe and my wwe tables.  That would be up to him though of how he wants to handle that idea.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, pozzum said:

So this would be involved with the CCT interaction to an extent.  From a teaminfo file perspective there is no difference between the universe and my wwe team info.  Perhaps @TheVisitorX can allow some sort of checkbox on the new CCT to inject them into the universe and my wwe tables.  That would be up to him though of how he wants to handle that idea.

Indeed. All I can do is provide support to create the files in Data Editor, how people manage to inject them is another matter.
If it's the same as 2k17, the problem with this is that the Universe saves are dynamically loaded into the game and coding a tool to find the current save addresses reliably isn't exactly a cakewalk. It means, the addresses of Universe stuff changes every time. The 100 Universe Tag slots did nothing last year since everything was handled by the Universe save (they are likely just leftovers from WWE 2k16 and earlier where there was a single, fixed Universe save - although it could still be that these slots are used as templates when you start a completely fresh save game - maybe it would be possible to re-use these slots similar to PacPlus/Perfectplextra as well, who knows). It was no problem injecting them via cheat engine, but you had to search for the data manually first, which was rather tedious.
Again, that's based on 2k17, I haven't looked into Universe in 2k18 yet since I haven't even started a save. There are multiple Universe save you can have in 2k18 again, though, so I assume it will be handled similarly as last year's version.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Cave Waverider said:

If it's the same as last year, the problem with this is that the Universe saves are dynamically loaded into the game and coding a tool to find the current save addresses reliably isn't exactly a cakewalk. It means, the addresses of Universe stuff changes every time. The 100 Universe Tag slots did nothing last year since everything was handled by the Universe save (they are likely just leftovers from WWE 2k16 and earlier where there was a single, fixed Universe save - although it could still be that these slots are used as templates when you start a completely fresh save game - maybe it would be possible to re-use these slots similar to PacPlus/Perfectplextra as well, who knows). It was no problem injecting them via cheat engine, but you had to search for the data manually first.
Again, that's based on 2k17, I haven't looked into Universe in 2k18 yet since I haven't even started a save. There are multiple Universe save you can have in 2k18 again, though, so I assume it will be handled similarly as last year's version.

ah that's fair.  Everything I've tried so far in terms of universe mode has been tough to keep consistent.  You'd think for teams 2k could of included something to keep them together if you wanted, I thought they has a copy to universe at some point.

You guys need commending for this you really do. I remember the tool from 2k15 ans 2k16. That was really good. I don't go as in depth as you guys but I know it will greatly enhance my game. I've not tried the Universe Mode in this years game so I can't comment on that. But yea what you guys are doing is awesome. Thank you very much.

@Cave Waverider, i wanted to sign up, just to tell you, how much i personally appreciate your hard work and i noticed your expression of health issues and your questioning of how worthwhile your efforts to the community are, i felt you might benefit from another person telling you how much your hard work means to them, i personally suffer from severe health issues myself, and know what its like to wonder if its worth helping others sometimes, when they seem to not always appreciate it, anyway, keep it up, and keep strong, ;), and thank you for your hard work. :D.

• Thanks 1