• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cave Waverider

• SigoComoSiempre

• Goon3r73

• Twistedmisery666™

So I'm very new to modding so I just want to get something right for the future. Apologies if this is the wrong place.

If I understand correctly I can use this tool to "inject" characters and their move sets to one of the designated character slots? IE if I download a CM Punk mod someone makes this is how I can go about it? 

1 hour ago, TBM said:

If it's not released yet, what's in the mediaifire link?

A placeholder. I'm a bit perplexed why so many people download it, even when the link is clearly stricken out and it says the download isn't available.

22 hours ago, stloony said:

So I'm very new to modding so I just want to get something right for the future. Apologies if this is the wrong place.

If I understand correctly I can use this tool to "inject" characters and their move sets to one of the designated character slots? IE if I download a CM Punk mod someone makes this is how I can go about it? 

Not really. The tool itself just allows you to edit various data. Injecting/installing the files can be done in conjunction with tools like Custom Character Tools 2018 which Data Editor has been designed to work with.

Thanks to the wonderful help of the community with .data lists and lending help with figuring out all kinds of stuff required for the development of Data Editor, the Data Editor for WWE 2k18 is now ready for closed beta after some updates to support version 1.04 of the game and some unforseen difficulties that required me to recode certain sections of the tool delayed it a bit. I will begin to invite people to closed beta shortly, so if you have aided me with development or been helpful otherwise, keep an eye out for invitation to the Closed Beta Club forums.

Please don't ask to be invited or request to join, it is likely to decrease your chances.
Helping and supporting development increases them, however.

We'll likely send out invites in waves, so if you don't get in immediately but have helped in the past, don't be alarmed.

Since it's the first time that we utilize the Private Clubs forum feature for the closed beta, I don't know if Private Club invites are sent out via Private Messages or just notifications. You might still want to ensure your Private Messages are enabled and your Inbox isn't full, just to be sure.

Hopefully the closed beta will go well enough and we can transition to an open beta for everyone sooner rather than later. :)

• Like 8

42 minutes ago, Cave Waverider said:

Thanks to the wonderful help of the community with .data lists and lending help with figuring out all kinds of stuff required for the development of Data Editor, the Data Editor for WWE 2k18 is now ready for closed beta after some updates to support version 1.04 of the game and some unforseen difficulties that required me to recode certain sections of the tool delayed it a bit. I will begin to invite people to closed beta shortly, so if you have aided me with development or been helpful otherwise, keep an eye out for invitation to the Closed Beta Club forums.

Please don't ask to be invited, it is likely to decrease your chances.

We'll likely send out invites in waves, so if you don't get in immediately but have helped in the past, don't be alarmed.

Since it's the first time that we utilize the Private Clubs forum feaure for the closed beta, I don't know if Private Club invites are sent out via Private Messages or just notifications. You might still want to ensure your Private Messages are enabled and your Inbox isn't full, just to be sure.

Hopefully the closed beta will go well enough and we can transition to an open beta for everyone sooner rather than later. :)

Sounds good, you guys have put in a lot of hard work and your time into creating this for this years game. I hope your closed beta goes well.

3 minutes ago, randombotp said:

Can I Join The Beta Tester Team ?  Would Like To Test AJ's Attire Mods !

"Please don't ask to be invited or request to join, it is likely to decrease your chances."

12 hours ago, AaronXander said:

"Please don't ask to be invited or request to join, it is likely to decrease your chances."

You just joined here and your acting like you been here for awhile wow.

Hey guys, quick question...

For those that have the Data Editor(Beta), is the option to edit the Front Grapple(Medium and Strong) hidden grapples there?

It's the Suplex and Scoop Slam moves that are in Up+ Diagonal/ or Down/Diagonal position. They're even hidden in the move select menu this year but still work in game. I really hope so as this allowed for a couple of extra grapples per character. Last year, I used these positions to put rare moves or moves that the superstar doesn't do too often.

I can't wait to check out this years version. Thanks Cave, for all the work you've put into this!

Edited by XfallofparadiseX

54 minutes ago, XfallofparadiseX said:

Hey guys, quick question...

For those that have the Data Editor(Beta), is the option to edit the Front Grapple(Medium and Strong) hidden grapples there?

It's the Suplex and Scoop Slam moves that are in Up+ Diagonal/ or Down/Diagonal position. They're even hidden in the move select menu this year but still work in game. I really hope so as this allowed for a couple of extra grapples per character. Last year, I used these positions to put rare moves or moves that the superstar doesn't do too often.

I can't wait to check out this years version. Thanks Cave, for all the work you've put into this!

Do you mean the following:
2qk1p53.jpg

If so, which one would be which?

• Like 1

Yeah, those are what I was wondering about. I'm glad they're in as I've already been pre-planning custom movesets and pofos to upload for the community. It's gonna be awesome when Data Editor is released!

Unknown Grapple 1 (Scoop Slam) is Down/Diagonal

Unknown Grapple 2 (Suplex) is Up/Diagonal

Edited by XfallofparadiseX
  • Thanks 2