• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cave Waverider

• SigoComoSiempre

• Goon3r73

• Twistedmisery666™

I've made quite some headway with the Data Editor. Added a field for the 7th name field recently found by @Freon  (RAW Entrance Nameplate) to the Pofo Editor, it should now be fully functional. The Moveset Editor is also functional with all the new trons, moves, etc., thanks to @EL_G who has put together the moves lists. The victory music workaround for all attires is also working. The Team Info Editor is also functional with all the new stuff added.

Most of the .data Lists still have to be updated before I can invite people to a beta test. Click here to see how you can help with that. Much of it should actually rather easy to do even for the not so tech inclined, albeit very time consuming. I've also uploaded an updated DataLists archive with the latest changes, so re-download it if you wish to lend a hand with the .data lists.

Here are a couple of screenshots of the current Alpha build in action:

Data_Editor_2k18_Teaser_Pofo_Editor_1.jp

Data_Editor_2k18_Teaser_Moveset_Editor_1

Data_Editor_2k18_Teaser_TeamInfo_Editor_

• Like 3
  • Glorious 1

1 hour ago, HBK_1980 said:

The Game is almost been released for a Month and still no Custom Character Tools nor Data Editor? 

Do you know how much time it needs to develop such a complex tool like Data Editor? You have to collect all new data, which varies with each version and it's the most time consuming part. This alone needs a lot of time! And don't forget, we all have some other things to do! It's not our job, it's a hobby! I would rather say... It is JUST almost a month since the game has been released. (And it's not a month, it's just 2 weeks!). So please be patient or try to help @Cave Waverider to find the things he needs.

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 2
  • Too Sweet 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks to @French Paradox for updating the TitantronID.data and WrestlerID.data Lists! This will certainly save a lot of time.

I've also uploaded the updated Data Lists with the latest changes so you can all work from that.

There are a couple of lists that still require updating, you too can check out which ones and find some pointers on how to do so by clicking here. Every little help is most appreciated!

• Like 1

Progress Update: The new Custom .match Editor tab in Data Editor is mostly finished. This will allow you to freely customize saved matches and set some options that are grayed out for certain match types in the game (many otherwise unavailable combinations will work, but some may lead to problems). 
In addition, I've also rewritten much of the code and GUI for the wrestler and attire names to support up to 8-byte hex codes which the game supports this year (I had to move the wrestler names into their own little popup window because of limited space in the main window, so people will have to click the "Name Settings" button to edit the hex codes for the names).
This means the Data Editor for WWE 2k18 is pretty much feature complete now and barring a few tweaks here and there, we're nearing closed beta phase.
However, the tool still requires updates to several .data lists. You can find out how to help with those by clicking here.
Data_Editor_Teaser_Match_Editor.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Cave Waverider said:

Progress Update: The new Custom .match Editor tab in Data Editor is mostly finished. This will allow you to freely customize saved matches and set some options that are grayed out for certain match types in the game (many otherwise unavailable combinations will work, but some may lead to problems). 
In addition, I've also rewritten much of the code and GUI for the wrestler and attire names to support up to 8-byte hex codes which the game supports this year.
This means the Data Editor for WWE 2k18 is pretty much feature complete now and barring a few tweaks here and there, we're nearing closed beta phase.
However, the tool still requires updates to several .data lists. You can find out how to help with those by clicking here.
Data_Editor_Teaser_Match_Editor.jpg

Hello, That tool is AWESOME! Can't wait to create Submissions Count Anywhere Match which is not possible ingame. :)

9 minutes ago, Wölfpack said:

Would it be possible to set numbers of Fins for each Superstars and their health status, e.g. 4 Way, where 3 Wrestlers have 2 Fins and the last none and all body parts yellow?

No, that most likely isn't possible by editing the custom matches (there is a small chance it could be if you set a value not possible in the game, but it likely isn't). Going by previous years, @pozzum's HP Mod Trainer that might be part of WWE 2k18+ will probably be able to accomplish that, however.

2 minutes ago, BrianOrton57 said:

Hello, That tool is AWESOME! Can't wait to create Submissions Count Anywhere Match which is not possible ingame. :)

That sure sounds interesting. I'm looking forward to all kinds of matches the community can come up with and share their .match files once the Data Editor is out. :)

Mega work as usual to yourself @Cave Waverider and the others whom are helping you, and to all the other modders out there who are working hard to make this game better. Massive thanks to you guys for making it all possible. I am bloody useless with this kind of stuff otherwise I would try and help you. You do realise when you do release it I will be asking you how to use it ha ha. Just kidding on that, I will no doubt refer to your tutorial. But yea mega mega work being done, many thanks.

Hi, I started updating the EntranceAnimationId.data file. but I won't have time to finish it. *link removed to avoid people working with an outdated version*

Here's what's missing: 

* Some hidden entrances

* Duo and Trio entrances

Plus, some names are in french, waiting to be translated (translation does not always match) 

• Too Sweet 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you very much, @French Paradox! I have renamed the French entries and added a couple of tag team entrance animations (but not all yet). I've also updated the DataEditorDataLists.zip archive with the latest changes, if people wish to help, they can download it here (same download link as always).

8 hours ago, Cave Waverider said:

No, that most likely isn't possible by editing the custom matches (there is a small chance it could be if you set a value not possible in the game, but it likely isn't). Going by previous years, @pozzum's HP Mod Trainer that might be part of WWE 2k18+ will probably be able to accomplish that, however.

Yeah that would be possible with 2K18+ already @Wölfpack 

I've spent all day today to update .data lists for Data Editor. TagTeamAnnounceNameID.data, All the Match*.data, EntranceMusicID.data, the rest of EntranceAnimationID.data, VictoryAnimationID.data, all the AdvancedEntranceMotion*.data files and all the .data lists of the FromIDs (as always, the DataEditorDataLists.zip archive has also been updated so you can work on the latest versions to help). The hardest parts are done, check out what is left to do (much of it is comparatively easy, although time consuming) and you can help with by clicking this link.
I need to take a bit of a break now, my head is spinning.

• Like 4
  • Glorious 2

I've finished most .data lists now. I'm still waiting for @EL_G to finish updating the CrowdSignID.data, which should hopefully be done in the next day or so.

Other than that, only the TronsOnOff.data needs to be finished (I've already started it, but there are a lot more values to be filled in). Would anybody like to volunteer to do the Trons on/off list? Click here to read instructions on how to help with this task.

After these things are done, the Data Editor should be ready for a beta test.

• Like 3
  • Too Sweet 2

15 hours ago, mr.mael said:

What would I have to do to be a beta tester?

If you are one of the people that have contributed to the project and it's predecessors you'll get in. If not, you might still be able to help out with what still needs to be done or support the project otherwise to increase your chances to get in.
That said, closed beta hopefully won't last too long and open beta might not be far away if there aren't too many bugs left.

Update: We're pretty much done with the data except crowd signs, but @EL_G is working on that so it shouldn't be all that much longer.

2 hours ago, Cave Waverider said:

If you are one of the people that have contributed to the project and it's predecessors you'll get in. If not, you might still be able to help out with what still needs to be done or support the project otherwise to increase your chances to get in.
That said, closed beta hopefully won't last too long and open beta might not be far away if there aren't too many bugs left.

Oooh, oooh!!! Can I beta test. I didn't get to help as much as i'd like, but I have a sparkling personality! That's got to count right?