Data Editor for WWE 2k18 pre-Release Discussion

Cave Waverider

The pre-release discussion for Data Editor for WWE 2k18 has been moved here to clean out the release thread in preparation for the public beta release. 

Since I've finally gotten the game today, I've begun working on the actual functionality of the Data Editor for WWE 2k18.

So far I haven't done all that much, but I have some good news. The Attire Unlocker functionality is pretty much done and in working order, it's mostly missing some up-to-date strings and other small things. Alas it appears that WWE 2k18 is still limited to 100 wrestlers with up to 10 alternate attire each, just like the previous games.

Here is a screenshot of the Attire Unlocker and an in-game screenshot of the resulting Attire selection of AJ Styles in the game:

Data_Editor_2k18_Teaser_Attire_Unlocker.

I don't think I will waste time with pre-filling the Attires this year and will just keep the default nine wrestlers with the rest of the slots empty. It should be easy enough for everyone to set alternate attires for whichever wrestlers you prefer with the Data Editor's Attire Unlocker GUI.

I'll likely tackle the pofo editor next, followed by the moveset editor, although how long it will take will depend on how quickly we can do research on them as there have been quite some changes. If you wish to speed things up, you are most welcome to help with the research in the Data Analysis thread.

It will likely still be a while until it's available to testers.

• Like 8
  • Too Sweet 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Glorious 1

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cave Waverider

• SigoComoSiempre

• Goon3r73

• Twistedmisery666™

Sweet, I haven't used your tool since WWE2k15 and 16. I passed on last years game for some reason. But have since got the Deluxe Edition on Steam. I look forward to this as and when you release it. Good work as usual. Thumbs Up.

@Cave Waverider would it be possible if you could generate a alternate attire unlocker with like the "most popular" Characters, so we can have 10 attires now and don´t have to wait till the full release ? That would be awesome of you. Dankscheen!!!

6 minutes ago, ItzTheRampage said:

@Cave Waverider would it be possible if you could generate a alternate attire unlocker with like the "most popular" Characters, so we can have 10 attires now and don´t have to wait till the full release ? That would be awesome of you. Dankscheen!!!

No, I don't think I will this year. I haven't done enough testing yet. When I released the Universal Alternate Attire Unlock misc separately from the Data Editor in the past, people used just that (and distributed it without permission) and it was bugged and people complained about problems that stemmed from not installing the fixed version that came with the Data Editor. Besides, filling it up takes time (which I don't have much of right now) that I'd rather use to finish the tool.
People just need a little patience right now, it's a more work than ever to decipher everything this year, especially if I have to do the bulk of the research myself. ;)

• Like 5

Since I've been busy the past couple of days, I thought I'd give you all a progress Update:

• The Attire Unlocker is done.
  • The Backend for the .team_info Editor is done.
  • The Backend for saving WWE 2k18 .pofo files is done.

Next up:

There are many things left to do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Glorious 1

7 hours ago, Jimmycrane1986 said:

@Cave Waverider keep up the amazing work dude, can i ask though i've downloaded alc legacy's angle and it comes with five attires what do i need to edit in my misc start file to unlock more attires for his slot please ;)

Search the forums for tutorials on how to do this in previous games (or read the readme of the Universal Alternate Attire Unlock from WWE 2k17 which explains some things and includes some links to tutorials/relevant discussions) to get an idea how to do it. It's pretty much the same as in WWE 2k17.

Sometimes it's a good idea to start showing some initiative and searching for stuff with some common sense instead of wanting things to be served on a silver platter. Otherwise be patient. ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, amazing-maze said:

So did this get released yet???? 

Yeah, sure. That's why it says "UNRELEASED" in the first post. :rolleyes:
A little reading comprehension would certainly be welcome.

Also, we haven't even figured out all the data required yet to even begin implementing it. You might want to stop by this link and help out. There is alot of work left to do still.
The more the community helps to figure out, the sooner I can start the implementation and obviously the sooner Data Editor will be released. 

PS.: Sorry for being a bit grumpy, I'm dealing with some health issues and have had little sleep due to working on this tool pretty much day and night whenever I have a spare minute and the impatience displayed by some here certainly doesn't help my mood. Posts like that certainly makes me question why I put in all this effort for the community every year. I'll take a break now and watch some Smackdown, perhaps it will lift my spirits a bit.

I'm also going threw some sickness that I'm dealing with, strange how you say that. Get well soon, for us all lol. Hey no problem cave, you do so much for this community. I'm sure its ruff. I'm just seeing people with mods and showing mods. I was thinking maybe I missed a link. 

Again get well wishes. Must be the weather I'm thinking 

Hi, hey with this tool, is there any possibility of replacing the light settings of the titles with the original backstage?
I look for ways to have lightened belts in any light situation like in previous games.
Would appreciate any advice or information greetings

Zu17X97.jpg

58 minutes ago, saskoso said:

Hi, hey with this tool, is there any possibility of replacing the light settings of the titles with the original backstage?
I look for ways to have lightened belts in any light situation like in previous games.
Would appreciate any advice or information greetings

Nope. That's up a completely different ally.

Here is a little Update for you guys. I've pretty much finished the coding for the backend and GUI of the Data Editor's .pofo Editor including new things like Friends/Rivals, additional Name Strings, Skills, etc.. It's already in good working order. Here is a screenshot:
Data_Editor_2k18_Teaser_Pofo_Friends_and

The Moveset Editor is next, although it will likely be a while until I've analyzed and broken down the .moveset files enough to start coding. You are of course still invited to help with the research in the Data Breakdown and Analysis thread to help me finish things quicker. ;)

• Like 2
  • Glorious 1

29 minutes ago, Tanvir786 said:

hello. i am new around those mod things. So I am looking for a program name universal attire unlocker for wwe 2k18? but i didnot find any download link here... Please help me!

It will be part of the Data Editor. You'll be able to download it in the top post of this very thread once it's released. It will likely still be a while, though, since there is still a lot of backend stuff to figure out, mainly about .moveset files. You are welcome to help with that by going to the Data Analysis thread and help figure out any of the unidentified bytes for the .moveset file so I can start coding that section and get the tool closer to release.

I am new to the modding world as well it is much easier on games like civ cause they support mods right out. Love wwe games cause of the allowing to make caw's and i am really excited about mods for this is my first year on the pc and i am loving this game for pc.

A little bit of an update. I've finished much of the backend for saving 2k18 .moveset files, although I'm still missing all the new moves and such. But the research has to figure their byte offsets out first before I can continue with that. Feel free to head over to the Data Analysis thread and help out with that, I've posted some instructions on how to figure things out, too.

If you don't feel up to to the task of figuring out the byte offsets for moves, etc. in the Data Analysis thread, there is another way you can help. There are a lot of ID lists for the dropdown Boxes in the Data Editor that still need to be updated, which is an easy task.

To do so, download the Data Editor Data Lists here (this link will always lead to the latest version - I'll update it every time with any updated lists I receive).  These lists are still filled with WWE 2k17 Data, they all need to be updated for WWE 2k18. Extract them to a working directory and open any of the .data files with a text Editor to edit them. Go through the IDs and see which ones are still valid in WWE 2k18, remove the names for the ones that aren't and add Names for those that are in WWE 2k18. @pozzum's File Table can be helpful with figuring out the IDs. Please ensure that you keep the format of the files the same, otherwise Data Editor may be unable to read them. When you're done updating one of the files, feel free to send me the link to it via Private message or post it here.

Also, if you've started to work on a specific ID .data file, post here and which one you're working on, so others will know to pick a different file and avoid redundancies.

Thank you very much!

The following are the .data Lists that are still in need of an update.
They are listed by Priority, most important listed first, Difficulty is colored and marked as [difficulty]. I'll strike out the ones that are complete and no longer needed once I receive the data. I will also add the people that have volunteered to work on each list so people can see which lists still need someone to work on.

1. [completed by @Cave Waverider]: TronsOnOff.data [medium] - The Byte values for having various combinations of the 7 tron parts on or off. You can find them out via cheat engine and changing the combinations in the entrance editor in the game. Use the "Trons On/Off" column in @pozzum's Memory table to find the memory address of the Trons On/Off value for one wrestler. Then go to that address in Cheat Engine's Memory View (then right-click, Display Type-> Byte Decimal to show the decimal value the way it is listed in TronsOnOff.data). Go back to the game, into Creations->Entrance and edit your chosen wrestler's Entrance in Easy Creation. Then go to Movie Display and turn on/off tron parts. Save the combination and note what the value changed to. Update the description of that value in TronsOnOff.data with Notepad or any other text editor of choice in the same format the already existing entries use. Rinse and repeat for all missing values between 128-255 (ignore 0-127, they are duplicates, but the game uses only 128-255).

2. [completed by @EL_G]: CrowdSignID.data [easy] - [medium] The IDs for Crowd signs displayed when your wrestler is wrestling. Change crowd sings in the CAW Editor and read out their values with Cheat Engine's Memory Editor. Crowd sign IDs for Wrestlers are in the format XXX0Y where XXX is the Wrestler ID, which is easy to note down. Generic sings can have the IDs anywhere from 1-9999, which is a bit harder to identify.

3. [completed by @EL_G]: MovesID.data [hard] - The IDs of moves (2 byte values). Traditional move format used for most moves. The Moveset Editor won't work properly without this list being fully updated. You can use cheat engine with the Moveset Analysis data to change the moves individually and read them out, or search for them in the .pac files (I'm not sure which contain the moves this year, however, the File Sheet may help).

4. [completed by @EL_G]: MovesIDByte*.data [hard]  - The IDs of moves (1 Byte values). These are mostly newer format Taunts, rope climb animations and such. The Moveset Editor won't work properly without this list being fully updated. You can use cheat engine with the Moveset Analysis data to change the moves individually and read them out, or search for them in the .pac files (I'm not sure which contain the moves this year, however, the File Sheet may help).

5. [completed by @French Paradox & @Cave Waverider]: EntranceAnimationID.data [medium] - The IDs of all the Easy Creation Entrances. They are listed in the format XXX. XXX sometimes matches the Wrestler ID the theme belongs to, although there are many cases where it differs for wrestlers and of course generic animations. Most IDs should already be in the EntranceAnimationID.data file, you will mostly have to add the name of the wrestler for those that are missing and remove those from. Use Cheat Engine's Memory Editor with the Addresses from the "Animation" resp. "Animation Champion" column from @pozzum's memory table to figure out the Entrance Animation IDs. It's easiest if you keep the game running in a window next to Cheat Engine's Memory Editor at the Address of the Animation of one superstar, change the music in Easy creation, save, note down the changed 4 Byte value (best to set Cheat Engine to 4 Byte decimal format so you won't need to convert manually), then go back to edit the Wrestler's Entrance Animation, change the theme again and repeat this until you've noted down the values for all entrance Animations in EntranceAnimationID.data. Repeat the whole process with the Champion Animations. And later Tag Teams Duo/Trio regular and champ Animations. (keep the unused IDs in the file intact, however!). 

6. [completed by @Cave Waverider]: VictoryAnimationID.data [medium] - Same as with Entrance Animations above, just monitor the "Victory Animation Face", "Victory Animation Heel", "Victory Animation Champ Face" and "Victory Animation Champ Heel" columns in the memory table when editing the four types of Victory animations respectively instead. Victory Animations are usually in the 6XXX format for regular victory animations and 9XXX format for Champ Victory Animations, where XXX is often, but not always the Wrestler ID. Also do this for Duo/Trio Tag Teams.

7. [completed by @Cave Waverider]: AdvancedEntranceMotion10IntroID.data, AdvancedEntranceMotion11StageID.data, AdvancedEntranceMotion12RampID.data, AdvancedEntranceMotion13RingInID.data, AdvancedEntranceMotion14RingID.data [medium] - Animations for various sections of the Advanced Entrance. Similar to how it's described for regular Entrance Animations but use the Advanced Entrance Editor in the game to figure out the values with Cheat Engine.

8. [completed by @Cave Waverider]: AdvancedEntranceLightingID.data [medium] Lighting settings for Advanced Entrance. Use Cheat Engine and change this to read the values as described above. They sometimes but not always match the wrestler IDs.

9. [completed by @Cave Waverider]: AdvancedEntrancePyroID.data [medium] Pyro settings for Advanced Entrance. Use Cheat Engine and change this to read the values as described above. The format is 5XXX.

10. [completed by @Cave Waverider]: AdvancedEntranceScreenEffectID.data [medium] Screen Effect settings for Advanced Entrance. Use Cheat Engine and change this to read the values as described above. Prospective values go from 0-99.

11. [completed by @Cave Waverider]: EntranceMusicID.data [medium] - The ID of the music files. They are listed in the format AAABCD. AAA usually matches the Wrestler ID the theme belongs to, although there are some cases where it differs for wrestlers (and differs for generic themes, etc.). Most IDs should already be in the EntranceMusicID.data file, you will mostly have to add the name of the wrestler for those that are missing and remove those from. Use Cheat Engine's Memory Editor with the Addresses from the "Entrance Music" column from @pozzum's memory table to figure out the Music IDs. It's easiest if you keep the game running in a window next to Cheat Engine's Memory Editor at the Address of the music of one superstar, change the music in Easy creation, save, note down the changed 4 Byte value (best to set Cheat Engine to 4 Byte decimal format so you won't need to convert manually), then go back to edit the Wrestler's Easy Creation Entrance, change the theme again and repeat this until you've noted down the values for all entrance themes in EntranceMusicID.data (keep the unused IDs in the file intact, however!).

12. [completed by @Cave Waverider] TagTeamAnnounceNameID.data [medium] - The Announce name ID for Tag Teams. Same Cheat Engine procedure as with Entrance Animation, Victory Animations, etc., but use the Announce Name column in the Team Info table instead and change Team Announce Names in the Game's My WWE Team Editor. Read Hexadecimal 2-byte values from Cheat Engine's Memory Editor with this one.

13. [completed by @French Paradox]: WrestlerID.data [very easy] - All the Wrestler IDs. You can find the IDs and Wrestlers assigned to them in the Character ID List posted by @Perfectplex. in the second column in the format ch_XXX. , where XXX is the Wrestler ID. All the IDs are already listed in the WrestlerID.data, you simply need to add any Wrestler Names that are missing and remove those that are no longer in WWE 2k18 (keep the unused IDs in the file intact, however!).

14. [completed by @Cave Waverider]: FromIDs [hard] - The Announcement IDs for Countries, States and Cities.

15. [completed by @French Paradox]: TitantronID.data [easy] - All the Tron Videos. You can find them in your \WWE 2K18\movies\titantron folder. Watch them with RADVideo Tools and determine which is which. They are in the ent_0AAA_B_C_D.bk2 format for Superstars and tag_0EEE_F_G_H.bk2 format for Tag Teams. The IDs are listed in the TitantronID.data file in the format AAA_B_C (Ignore the _D, it won't work if listed that way) and for Tag Teams 1EEE_F_G, (again, ignore the _H). all you need to do is check which Trons are still available in WWE 2k18 game, add the Wrestler or Tag Team name of those that are and remove the names of those that aren't from the TitantronID.data (keep the unused IDs in the file intact, however!).

16. [completed by @Cave Waverider]: Match*.data [medium] - All the custom Match Data. Use the Custom Match Editor in the game and Cheat Engine with the Custom Match memory sheet  and the .match Breakdown Wiki page to set and read out the required values.

The Moveset Editor is now mostly functional with the new stuff implemented in the GUI. I still have to write some logic for some things and more.

Here is a little teaser:

Data_Editor_2k18_Teaser_Moveset_Editor.j

There is still quite some work to do before Beta, so it will take a bit longer. Although if people would be so kind and update all the Data Lists with the IDs for Superstars, Trons, Entrance Muisc, Moves, etc. for me, it could speed things up considerably, since it's easy, but incredibly time consuming work. Check out the previous post on how you can help with that, if we can get a bunch of people to split the workload that part shouldn't take all that long anymore.

Thanks!

• Like 2
  • Glorious 2