Wrestling Legends Install Guide and Support Thread

Red Rooster

Hey Rooster I tried to burn a couple of different cd's to my 360 to find where the mindex folder goes, but the rip music button is not highlighted for some reason? I tried to look up online to see what the problem may be and I tried some of their solutions, but no luck maybe you may know something about it?

14 minutes ago, RetroG. said:

Hey Rooster I tried to burn a couple of different cd's to my 360 to find where the mindex folder goes, but the rip music button is not highlighted for some reason? I tried to look up online to see what the problem may be and I tried some of their solutions, but no luck maybe you may know something about it?

The CDs have to be burned as Audio CDs they cant just be CDs with mp3 on them otherwise the Xbox wont see the files.

16 hours ago, moochoman said:

The game icon/picture in FreeDash both times showed the Rock. Not certain it should do that. Is there a possibility of an issue with the arc and def? Or is the game icon/picture being the Rock more to do with the save or DLC?

Just trying to pinpoint if the issue is where I'm putting the save/DLC, or with core files (arc, def, etc.)

The game icon (Rock) as nothing to do with the files of the game. Legends should still work without. If you have installed the arc&def provided to you then the problem is probably where you put the save/dlcs. 

Oh yes I did burn the cd as an audio from what I read and I copied them without any breaks in between the songs as suggested also, but still the rip button was not working. I find that quite strange? I have to search more I guess and keep trying.

Burn a CD using Windows Media Player.  Rip to xbox in the regular / stock 360 main dashboard.  Don't rip it in the modded freestyle dash or whatever you have.  Just rip it like you would on a regular 360.  I usually just burn high quality mp3s to a CD so idk if the file format is causing the issue or what, but I figured I'd share the way it's done.

I was mainly looking at random people who gave their solutions to others who where having trouble with the similar issue of their 360 player not recognizing their audio cd to rip? In order to make different mindex folders does it have to be done on the xbox or can it be done on the computer before transferring the file?

Oh yes I followed as best I understood, as rooster said, to burn it in the main dashboard, that is where I have been trying to do it, but for some reason won't recognize, it plays the burnt cd, but the rip button won't highlight? Wondering if maybe the cd needs to be a RW instead of an R or does it need to be better quality than staples business depot brand maybe that is why? I used the windows media player to do it, but I can try nero?

1 hour ago, RetroG. said:

In order to make different mindex folders does it have to be done on the xbox or can it be done on the computer before transferring the file?

That question doesnt even make any sense. The mindex folder is a folder made by the xbox when you rip CDs onto it so how could you make it on the computer?

I am quite new to this xbox stuff as I used playstation instead and never heard much about modding until I happened to come across this game you guys were making last year. A lot of this terminology you guys refer to although basic to you and others I need to get up to speed on it, which I'm learning slowly but surely. My xbox is a 360 4 gb slim the basic version that is all the modder sells so I use a 64 gb usb for more storage. The legends game takes up about 20 something but I think about 37 of storage has been used on the usb. THe music and intros mostly do work; however not a properly as it should.

On the actual hd there should be at least about 2 or more gb left, I got to check again.

Im pretty sure i had to buy a bigger xbox memory for my rgh because the mindex wouldnt fit in so that may be your problem. It has to be save internaly

Edited by bugsyboy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bugsyboy said:

Im pretty sure i had to buy a bigger xbox memory for my rgh because the mindex wouldnt fit in so that may be your problem. It has to be save internaly

Exactly this, DLC, Save file and Mindex has to live on the internal HDD, they cant be on USB.

On 1/27/2018 at 10:27 AM, moochoman said:

Red,

I have tried and failed twice to install the mod.  The directions are very clear,so that isn't it. I never was an x-box guy, so I bought a JTAG console from a vendor.  Since I bought the xbox 360 it came loaded with other games so i think it had a core profile on it. 

The first time I tried to load the mod, I created and new profile of my own and installed under that folder within the content folder. Didn't work. So I deleted that profile and all the files and tired to install under the existing profile folder within content. Both times I got the same error "the version of the game has errors and to please re-download the game."  I can see the game in my FreeDash and xmennu games view. However, it will not load.

The game icon/picture in FreeDash both times showed the Rock. Not certain it should do that. Is there a possibility of an issue with the arc and def? Or is the game icon/picture being the Rock more to do with the save or DLC?

Just trying to pinpoint if the issue is where I'm putting the save/DLC, or with core files (arc, def, etc.)

I can post pics later of my drive if it would help.

Thanks

Doug

Post some pics of your drive, it would be helpful in figuring out what youve done wrong.

Red,

Attached are some pics from the drive.  This install is on the folders already on the xbox.  I deleted the profile I created.  Used the E00005BD48DEB6A4 as the ID for the save resigning. Thanks for taking a look.

root:https://imgur.com/YwrLs3Y

Arc/Def:https://imgur.com/yOIq9o9

DLC:https://imgur.com/J73ddp8

Save datahttps://imgur.com/plcmAag

Edited by moochoman

1 hour ago, moochoman said:

Red,

Attached are some pics from the drive.  This install is on the folders already on the xbox.  I deleted the profile I created.  Used the E00005BD48DEB6A4 as the ID for the save resigning. Thanks for taking a look.

root:https://imgur.com/YwrLs3Y

Arc/Def:https://imgur.com/yOIq9o9

DLC:https://imgur.com/J73ddp8

Save datahttps://imgur.com/plcmAag

That all looks right to me, I dont see anything you have done wrong.

Hey what happened to the steiner bros in my tag team listing, I have two of the same listings with the eliminators tag team, but no steiners? I made sure to download everything correctly this time especially after all the trials and errors before. Also Rooster when you said load the alt arena file in the BG file on the xbox, what is the bg, what does that stand for and where to find it, you will have to forgive my novice understanding to these xbox short or more advance terms, but I am learning though?

1 hour ago, RetroG. said:

Hey what happened to the steiner bros in my tag team listing, I have two of the same listings with the eliminators tag team, but no steiners? I made sure to download everything correctly this time especially after all the trials and errors before. Also Rooster when you said load the alt arena file in the BG file on the xbox, what is the bg, what does that stand for and where to find it, you will have to forgive my novice understanding to these xbox short or more advance terms, but I am learning though?

LOL shit looks like we forgot to add the Steiners as a team doh!

Just make them yourself in game

Edited by Red Rooster

What is the BG file on xbox that you are referring to that we need to add the extra arenas to? What is the name and where do we find it on xbox, if you would be so kind? I did add the Steiner tag team myself, I figured to do that since I know you don't want to be bothered too much with this game fixing right now after so much time put in. I will do what I can to adjust any errors at least the easy ones when I re-downloaded the update, but it is just so I know what you are referring to when you said BG file? Please and Thank you!

2 minutes ago, RetroG. said:

What is the BG file on xbox that you are referring to that we need to add the extra arenas to? What is the name and where do we find it on xbox, if you would be so kind? I did add the Steiner tag team myself, I figured to do that since I know you don't want to be bothered too much with this game fixing right now after so much time put in. I will do what I can to adjust any errors at least the easy ones when I re-downloaded the update, but it is just so I know what you are referring to when you said BG file? Please and Thank you!

Dude have a look its not hard to find, do you want me to wipe your ass for you too:p

• Haha 1
  • Too Sweet 1

Hey guys, great work again! Everything works fine, thank you again. Also swapping in and out arenas :-)

Now back to our older conversations ;-) Will you release a list of titan trons so i can "reapair" entrances myself when i want to change themes?

How about CAW´s. I thought with update you will add a folder with additonal 50 CAW.. Although i still dont know how to exchange them....

Don´t get me wrong, everyone has its own preferences, but i really really miss Smoking Gunns, Heavenly Bodies, Bodydonnas, Quebecers, Headshrinkers and...Alex Wright "Das Wunderkind". You know...im from germany so.....;-)

As i finish my post, ill send you another donation for your work. Thanks. 

12 minutes ago, dagame said:

Now back to our older conversations ;-) Will you release a list of titan trons so i can "reapair" entrances myself when i want to change themes?

How about CAW´s. I thought with update you will add a folder with additonal 50 CAW.. Although i still dont know how to exchange them....

I linked our Google Docs in the OP it has the IDs for all the wrestlers, trons, arenas, everything basically.

I was never sent the other 50 caws maybe @stlpowercat or @bugsyboy will upload them.

Thanks for the donation, it is much appreciated.

Edited by Red Rooster

18 minutes ago, Red Rooster said:

I linked our Google Docs in the OP it has the IDs for all the wrestlers, trons, arenas, everything basically.

What link? Sorry, dont see.

Edited by dagame
Ah OK, sorry. I found.

30 minutes ago, dagame said:

To say the truth, dont really understand the list. Can i simply use the id number of the tron and add it to an entrance or do i have restrictions?

Yes you can use the id number of a tron and add it using Xpacker

20 minutes ago, deadman04 said:

Will there be anymore additional arenas (aside from the Alt pack) or will we be free to add our own now? (like some from WWE'13 for example WM15)

There wont be anymore arenas from the Wrestling Legends team, you are free to add whatever arenas you like from what ever game you like.

This Update signifies the end of the Wrestling Legends project, its been a long 5 years and I think most of us have now semi retired from modding.

We hope you enjoy what we made and appreciate the thousands and thousands of hours we have put into making this.

Anyone who wants to create more content for the game, feel free to share it with the community, I would be interested to see any create-a- story mode creations people come up with.

• Like 1