Wrestling Legends Install Guide and Support Thread

Red Rooster

10 hours ago, Red Rooster said:

@summerslammer is your man, I retired from Arena modding and Im not planning on coming out of retirement. Summerslammer is semiretired too but it couldnt hurt to ask him.

Lol. And every time I try to get back into it I get busy. Between projects at the house and being an “essential” worker in the middle of a pandemic, I seem to not have much free time. When I do, I usually fall asleep in my pool with a beer in my hand. 

Edited by summerslammer
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Too Sweet 1

18 minutes ago, summerslammer said:

Lol. And every time I try to get back into it I get busy. Between projects at the house and being an “essential” worker in the middle of a pandemic, I seem to not have much free time. When I do, I usually fall asleep in my pool with a beer in my hand. 

Fair enough bro, I rarely find the time and motivation to even play the game let alone do any modding on it.

8 hours ago, Impaler said:

I just noticed that Super Crazy moveset is simply the Rock's moveset. Must have been an error.

@Red Rooster @XIII XHP perhaps any of you could share Super Crazy's .moveset file? :)

Ive never even seen an episode of ECW so I wouldnt have any clue what moves he should have.

• Like 1

gonna add some more custom themes to the game, so made a "minidex [old]" folder so that themes like Undertaker's Metallica theme, Jericho's AEW/NJPW theme (Judas), Goldberg WCW theme (Crush 'Em), Sting WCW theme (Metallica's Seek & Destroy) etc will go in there...hopefully lol

Edited by Namine20~

5 hours ago, Namine20~ said:

gonna add some more custom themes to the game, so made a "minidex [old]" folder so that themes like Undertaker's Metallica theme, Jericho's AEW/NJPW theme (Judas), Goldberg WCW theme (Crush 'Em), Sting WCW theme (Metallica's Seek & Destroy) etc will go in there...hopefully lol

You can add themes to the existing mindex folder, theres no limit to the amount of themes you can have as far as I know

On 8/5/2020 at 6:38 PM, Red Rooster said:

You can add themes to the existing mindex folder, theres no limit to the amount of themes you can have as far as I know

By themes, you do mean songs, correct? 'Cause I would love to add a few custom ones to my game. 

On 8/5/2020 at 12:50 PM, Namine20~ said:

Namine20, if you're able to do that, would you mind sharing the steps with me on how to pull it off?

The same way you added themes to the base game, Rip the music from a CD in the Xbox Main Menu and give each song its own playlist named with what you want to show in game. Then select it in game. Simple

• Yes! 1

56 minutes ago, Red Rooster said:

The same way you added themes to the base game, Rip the music from a CD in the Xbox Main Menu and give each song its own playlist named with what you want to show in game. Then select it in game. Simple

Awesome, thanks! I'm leary of changing anything in the modded game for fear of messing up the save or something, so thanks for that clarification. 

As long as you keep a backup of any file you change then its fine, if something goes wrong you just put the backup version back on.

Ripping music from CDs from the Xbox main menu puts the files into the mindex folder, after that you can see them in-game, but if you are worried, make a backup of the mindex folder so you can always go back.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Red Rooster said:

Yes, all the Wrestlemania Arenas from 1 to 10 are included in the Alt Arena folder.

If we want to swap arenas, can we replace any arena? Or does it have to be with the one it originally replaced?

For instance, if I want to put the WM2 arena back in the game, can I replace one of the ECW arenas that was added in the mod? Or will the WM2 arena automatically replace the Survior Series arena, that appears to be in the same slot according the google docs? Much thanks for any help. 

2 hours ago, denbigh7 said:

If we want to swap arenas, can we replace any arena? Or does it have to be with the one it originally replaced?

For instance, if I want to put the WM2 arena back in the game, can I replace one of the ECW arenas that was added in the mod? Or will the WM2 arena automatically replace the Survior Series arena, that appears to be in the same slot according the google docs? Much thanks for any help. 

Not really, it kinda has to be the ones we chose otherwise you need to do some arc editing and Hex edit some stuff plus the arena needs to have the same geometry as the original.

WM2 doesnt replace Survivor series, you are reading that wrong, WM2 was what was originally in that slot.

Wrestlemania arenas replace other Wrestlemania arenas, Summerslams replace other Summerslams etc.

If you change any other arenas to any other slots then matchup screens and nameplate will be all messed up, I advise against it.

Edited by Red Rooster

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, random issue/question:

I have Wrestling Legends installed on the hard drive of my RGH Xbox360, using the Aurora dashboard. I've recently been missing the Wrestlemania Challenge, so I decided to install the unmodded WWE2k14 on my hard drive as well. I created a new folder in my game directory and saved it there. Wrestling Legends is saved in a totally different folder appropriately titled "Wrestling Legends". WWE2K14 is in an entirely different folder named "WWE2K14.

When I fired up the game though, it appears as if some of Wrestling Legends files made it into my fresh install of WWE2K14. For instance, it has the names of all the added/modded superstars (Piper, Rick Martel, Akeem, etc.), but their renders are of the guys in the original game. And if you choose them to wrestle in a match, they are the original guy (for instance, it's not Rick Martel you get to wrestle as, but Kofi Kingston.)

Also, under unlockables, everything is unlocked, but all the names for things are wrong. It calls the Intercontinental Title "Booker T".

I went back and fired up Wrestling Legends and thankfully, it doesn't look like anything is messed up there, which is great.

My questions are:

1. Why/How is this happening? 

2. If I create something in WWE2K14 (like a new arena, wrestler, etc.) is it going to mess up my copy of Wrestling Legends?

Grateful for any help or answers you guys can offer. 

1hmjud44_o.jpg

11 minutes ago, denbigh7 said:

Ok, random issue/question:

I have Wrestling Legends installed on the hard drive of my RGH Xbox360, using the Aurora dashboard. I've recently been missing the Wrestlemania Challenge, so I decided to install the unmodded WWE2k14 on my hard drive as well. I created a new folder in my game directory and saved it there. Wrestling Legends is saved in a totally different folder appropriately titled "Wrestling Legends". WWE2K14 is in an entirely different folder named "WWE2K14.

When I fired up the game though, it appears as if some of Wrestling Legends files made it into my fresh install of WWE2K14. For instance, it has the names of all the added/modded superstars (Piper, Rick Martel, Akeem, etc.), but their renders are of the guys in the original game. And if you choose them to wrestle in a match, they are the original guy (for instance, it's not Rick Martel you get to wrestle as, but Kofi Kingston.)

Also, under unlockables, everything is unlocked, but all the names for things are wrong. It calls the Intercontinental Title "Booker T".

I went back and fired up Wrestling Legends and thankfully, it doesn't look like anything is messed up there, which is great.

My questions are:

1. Why/How is this happening? 

2. If I create something in WWE2K14 (like a new arena, wrestler, etc.) is it going to mess up my copy of Wrestling Legends?

Grateful for any help or answers you guys can offer. 

1hmjud44_o.jpg

The answer is fairly obvious if you think about it.

Wrestling Legends is 2k14, they share the same GameID, your Xbox cant tell the difference, it is reading the Wrestling Legends DLC and/or SaveData.dat when you load 2k14.

If you want a fresh install of 2k14, the easiest way would be to make a new User on your Xbox and create a new save, thebn when you want to play 2k14 just load up that user profile instead of your normal one.

Edited by Red Rooster

42 minutes ago, Red Rooster said:

The answer is fairly obvious if you think about it.

Wrestling Legends is 2k14, they share the same GameID, your Xbox cant tell the difference, it is reading the Wrestling Legends DLC and/or SaveData.dat when you load 2k14.

If you want a fresh install of 2k14, the easiest way would be to make a new User on your Xbox and create a new save, thebn when you want to play 2k14 just load up that user profile instead of your normal one.

Thanks RR, that does make sense. I didn’t quite think of it like that. 
So...do you think if I continue playing it as is, it’ll mess up my Legends save? Your suggestion about a new profile definitely would be the fool proof method, it was just kinda nice to already have everything unlocked.

3 minutes ago, denbigh7 said:

Thanks RR, that does make sense. I didn’t quite think of it like that. 
So...do you think if I continue playing it as is, it’ll mess up my Legends save? Your suggestion about a new profile definitely would be the fool proof method, it was just kinda nice to already have everything unlocked.

Yes, its using the same save DONT DO IT!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Red Rooster said:

Yes, its using the same save DONT DO IT!

Gotcha. That's all the answer I need. Don't want to do anything to mess up my Legends game.

Last question and then I'll quit bugging you....if I delete the install I just did of WWE2k14...will it delete the save file from Legends as well? 

Just now, denbigh7 said:

Gotcha. That's all the answer I need. Don't want to do anything to mess up my Legends game.

Last question and then I'll quit bugging you....if I delete the install I just did of WWE2k14...will it delete the save file from Legends as well? 

No, it will be fine

• Glorious 1

Red Rooster,

So....it looks like maybe I accidently messed something up.

As I mentioned, I had installed WWE2k14 onto my Aurora dashboard and was running it side by side Wrestling Legends, thinking that was ok. One of the first things I did in 2k14 was create an AWA classic ring and had a couple of matches in it. After that is when I noticed some of the same files from WL appearing in 2K14 and we had the above discussion. 

I followed your recommendation and I deleted 2K14 from my dashboard and hard drive and at first everything seemed fine, but I'm starting to notice a few glitches. Sgt. Slaughter won't load into a match, King Kong Bundy's entrance keeps looping, a match between the Freebirds and the Von Erichs wouldn't load. Plenty of other things do work just fine, but it's just enough stuff to make me wonder if I should do a complete reinstall. 

Do you recommend a fresh install or just a reinstall of the save? Would greatly appreciate any help or advice.

If anyone else is reading this: don't do what I did and put the Wrestling Legends Mod and WWE2K14 on the same hard drive! (I'm sure none of you are as knuckleheaded as I am, though.) 

Thanks! I’ll give it a try.

*Update: Hey my friend, just wanted to say thanks! I did what you said, reinstalled everything from the save file and the game is working great again. I lost some CAWS that I had created, but worth it to have everything else correctly functioning. 

I greatly appreciate your patience with my constant questions (and my blunders). And as always....THANK YOU for making the greatest wrestling game of all time!!

Edited by denbigh7
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Question for anyone in the know... if I create another profile on my jtag (either on the HDD or internal storage), can I create a new game save as well under the new profile? Or would this cause issues?