SUPER STRING

LordJustice17

41 minutes ago, LordJustice17 said:

Who?

They were 4.... until a few minutes ago.

I just downloaded the upgrade, boot the game and EVERY mod vanished, then I kept looking an found a bunch at the end.... all with no names. 

(assuming this are the mods) 

So I downloaded the String again, and rebuilt Def.... and Tada! now the game won't start! 

UPDATE: VERSION 2.0 released with new additions, fixes, and a German version courtesy of @kim666. If there are any issues with the new string please report them here or in the Discord. Version 1.0 is currently still available at the same link as well if any issues arise that need you to roll back.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

V2 string changed way too many things. Simplified menu names, no referee name during change referee, no social media tags for wrestlers during entrance. missing texts during 'press any button' at the start etc. Wish those were kept default like every other years before. Can't go back to original string as I am using modded wrestlers. And V1 string makes the modded wrestler's name invisible as the default string was changed in patch 1.05, which made V1 string outdated :(

Edited by Refat

41 minutes ago, LordJustice17 said:

@Refat All those things were changed in V1.

Oh, I was using 2K18+ super string before. Is that different from V1? 'EULA/Privacy policy' changed into 'Sell your soul'. I laughed so hard reading that :D But I really wished at least wrestler's social media tags were intact :(

17 hours ago, Refat said:

Oh, I was using 2K18+ super string before. Is that different from V1? 'EULA/Privacy policy' changed into 'Sell your soul'. I laughed so hard reading that :D But I really wished at least wrestler's social media tags were intact :(

The problem is that we can't do it the same way as last year and we had to hack it pretty hard. Contrary to previouis years the number of strings as well as characters is artificially limited this year and we haven't found ways to change it (if you want to help to find a way to do that and are successful, we might be able to do a version of it without changes in the future). Thus @LordJustice17 had to remove various Strings to make room for new ones. Some menu strings and such were thus changed to be shorter as well while others have been reworded more generic to be reusable in other areas or compatible with several projects so @LordJustice17 won't have to update multiple versions of the string file for various projects, as it's a lot of work.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cave Waverider said:

The problem is that we can't do it the same way as last year and we had to hack it pretty hard. Contrary to previouis years the number of strings as well as characters is artificially limited this year and we haven't found ways to change it (if you want to help to find a way to do that and are successful, we might be able to do a version of it without changes in the future). Thus @LordJustice17 had to remove various Strings to make room for new ones. Some menu strings and such were thus changed to be shorter as well while others have been reworded more generic to be compatible with several project so @LordJustice17 won't have to update multiple versions of the string file for various projects, as it's a lot of work.

I didn't know it was done because your hands were tied, Sorry. Specially reading that 'sell your soul', I was kinda WTF? lol. I really appreciate what you guys doing and thank you for that :)

Just now, LS said:

@drwho269 @Too Many Limes @AznBlusuazn 

If you are having AJ LEE shown as REFEREE (like me ;)

What you can do is that in the string file you search for every REFEREE & rename it as AJ LEE in sequence i.e (REFEREE as AJ LEE1, REFEREE as AJ LEE2, so on...)

Than in your game you can sort out which one is the Original AJ (In my case it was AJ LEE2)

;)

Or... just Use my latest pofo on my thread 

• Too Sweet 1

9 hours ago, AznBlusuazn said:

Or... just Use my latest pofo on my thread 

^^ This. It's not a string issue, it's a matter of having an old pofo. Use an updated pofo either from the repo or Azn's thread. Don't start changing shit in the string, you'll just end up screwing up more stuff.

• Too Sweet 1

• 2 weeks later...

I had a problem with my WWE 2k18 data. It kept saying it was corrupted due to having the Hogan mod and wwe 2k18 updating.

So I ended up having to delete my game and use my back up data. 
Problem is now whenever I try to use the Hogan mod, I followed the same steps as normal - inject pofo/move, go to manage superstars etc...

The characters are there and saved but whenever I try to start a match it just freezes on the load screen.

On 18.12.2017 at 3:30 PM, LordJustice17 said:

UPDATE: VERSION 2.0 released with new additions, fixes, and a German version courtesy of @kim666.

Where can I find the "german" version? 'Cause I used the english one since a few days now, just in case the mods are working properly.

2 hours ago, FreshRaven said:

Where can I find the "german" version? 'Cause I used the english one since a few days now, just in case the mods are working properly.

It should be included in the latest version of the Super String. If you have that installed, simply switch your game's language to German in Steam's game properties and it should work.

Ok, thanks. I'll give it a try and get you some feedback on it, because it hasn't worked in the last days.

EDIT // Okay @Cave Waverider - for some reason it don't crash when I'm promted to "press any buttton"

Edited by FreshRaven

With Luke Harper and Erick Rowan's names being shortened to 'Rowan' and 'Harper' have you thought about changing the string to reflect this?

I'm kinda 'meh' on the whole thing. 

On 1/20/2018 at 7:18 PM, THEpaynexkiller said:

With Luke Harper and Erick Rowan's names being shortened to 'Rowan' and 'Harper' have you thought about changing the string to reflect this?

I'm kinda 'meh' on the whole thing. 

You can resolve that meh feeling by editing your string file. Nine out of ten doctors recommend it!

2 hours ago, LordJustice17 said:

You can resolve that meh feeling by editing your string file. Nine out of ten doctors recommend it!

I don't want the change. If I wanted, I could easily edit the string file. I was just asking about upcoming updates to the String. 

• 3 weeks later...

Can someone explain to me how you empty the .arc file? this is confusing....I searched in my wwe 2k18 directory and found the file and I open it with the notepad and I get a page full of symbols. Am I doing this right or is there another process?? Can someone post some directions for someone who is new to this? thank you.

43 minutes ago, john3977 said:

Can someone explain to me how you empty the .arc file? this is confusing....I searched in my wwe 2k18 directory and found the file and I open it with the notepad and I get a page full of symbols. Am I doing this right or is there another process?? Can someone post some directions for someone who is new to this? thank you.

You can use Data Editor's Fix WWE Startup Crash with Mods (empoty Chunk0.arc) installer, Custom Character Tools' Clear Chunk0.arc functionality or WWE 2k18+' equivalent function to do so more easily.

The Smacktalks Community Wiki entry on Installing Mods is a good read, by the way. ;)

• Like 1

@LordJustice17 Is it okay for you if I would add your mod as essential mod to my Simple Mod Manager 2018 and publish it with my tool? I would like to include the "Super String" as essential mod within each profile automatically, besides other essential mods like PerfectPlextra and Cave's UniversalAlternateAttireUnlock. So that no one has to install or download any dependencies. The mod package contains information about the Author, Version, Date and also a link to your thread.

• Like 1