Jump to content

SUPER STRING


LordJustice17
 Share

Recommended Posts

SUPER STRING

Finally, the SUPER STRING has returned...to Smacktalks!

Seriously though, this thing was a Grade A Bitch to create this year, but it's finally been completed thanks to @pozzum, @AznBlusuazn, @Perfectplex, and others.

There are numerous things removed and tweaked from the base string to make room for all the custom strings. Personally I feel that it makes the game a much cleaner experience.

Just like last year the string will be able to be updated through 2K18+, or downloaded as a standalone file below. 

Unfortunately, due to the amount of time and effort required to create the string this year, only ENGLISH is supported.

If you want to see a list of all the string IDs, check out @pozzum's STRING SHEET.

UPDATE: VERSION 2.0 released with new additions, fixes, and a German version courtesy of @kim666. If there are any issues with the new string please report them here or in the Discord. Version 1.0 is currently still available at the same link as well.

 

>> DOWNLOAD <<

  • Like 11
  • Too Sweet 8
  • Thanks 6
  • Glorious 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry to be a pain, I am slowly getting to grips with everything 2k18. I haven't been around since 2k16. Does the Super String supersede the latest string that came out with @AznBlusuazn's Hulk Hogan pack? If so would it mean having to reinstall all of Azn's mods again? I am not sure what a super string does. Please forgive me. Having said that, whatever you guys have done, and I mean all of you that have worked on this have done a seriously damn good job just like you do with your mods. Many many thanks. 

Edit: Nvm I've just seen there is a readme with the file. Forget the question I asked.

Edited by Goon3r73
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is awesome!  Thanks so much for all you guys hard work!  I suppose all I need now is the Data Editor to add attires for superstars?  I'm still trying to get the hang of how the downloads work in 2K18+, but the Super String is what I've been waiting for!  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, AznBlusuazn said:

@Goon3r73 all my mods have reupdated pofos to reflect the super string

Does that mean all I need to do is reninstall the pofos again using 2k18+? Or do I needn't do anything and leave them alone?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Goon3r73 said:

Does that mean all I need to do is reninstall the pofos again using 2k18+? Or do I needn't do anything and leave them alone?

You should not have to do anything

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you for this. Just wondering which file is the English one when extracting it? 

Furthermore, How is it possible to modify the string? Just want to add Custom Names to that string if possible but was until now not able to do this.

 

Edited by Tarnathos
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Tarnathos said:

Thank you for this. Just wondering which file is the English one when extracting it? 

Furthermore, How is it possible to modify the string? Just want to add Custom Names to that string if possible but was until now not able to do this.

 

 97ED1B14BC036AE7 contains the englisch string.

You can edit the string with eatrawmeat391's string tool. 

 

Edited by kim666
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is there a wiki or page that explains what super strings is?

 

Im new to modding this year and just got back into wwe last year and havnt played it since 2012. I just want to know why super strings is needed or importants.

Thanks for all ya hard work. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Gzuw said:

Is there a wiki or page that explains what super strings is?

 

Im new to modding this year and just got back into wwe last year and havnt played it since 2012. I just want to know why super strings is needed or importants.

Thanks for all ya hard work. 

When you install new modded characters part of the install involves injecting a pofo file. Pofo files contain all the character info (height, weight, etc). Inside the pofo is an ID which points to a string (strings are just bits of text) for the character's name as it will appear in-game.

Without the super string you will have to manually edit your string file every time you install a character. You would also have to manually edit your pofo to point it to whatever string you edited.

The Super String has thousands of added names. Meaning that almost everyone who will be created already has a name string included, so you won't have to edit your string. Additionally, the String provides a bit of universality so that pofo makers know what IDs to use that will work for everyone.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, LordJustice17 said:

When you install new modded characters part of the install involves injecting a pofo file. Pofo files contain all the character info (height, weight, etc). Inside the pofo is an ID which points to a string (strings are just bits of text) for the character's name as it will appear in-game.

Without the super string you will have to manually edit your string file every time you install a character. You would also have to manually edit your pofo to point it to whatever string you edited.

The Super String has thousands of added names. Meaning that almost everyone who will be created already has a name string included, so you won't have to edit your string. Additionally, the String provides a bit of universality so that pofo makers know what IDs to use that will work for everyone.

 

wow Thanks that explains alot. At first when I saw the google docs I thought maybe it install all those superstars and added arenas and championships. And I was like " i dont need all of that lol" but now I see those are just text. So I'm assuming that means the google docs page is the strings and what ya added.

 

9 hours ago, Cave Waverider said:

http://smacktalks.org/wiki/index.php/Super_String

The Wiki comes with a hand search function, by the way. ;)

For example after reading wiki and basically same thing Justice said, if I want to add Wade Barrett then it will be added under D738 or does this characters mean something else? And if its something long no worries, Im down to read if necessary, just give me link to explain what "D738" stands for or represents. 

 

Thanks for the info and my wwe 2k18 works smoothly so far with the added strings and chuck file. I was able to tell that some of the main menu words had change or shorten since the string install. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry if i'm missing something. When I try to launch the game after replacing the string_win.pac file with the super string file, the game crashes when loading. What should I do? Thanks for all the work you guys do by the way!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, cdsutherland said:

Sorry if i'm missing something. When I try to launch the game after replacing the string_win.pac file with the super string file, the game crashes when loading. What should I do? Thanks for all the work you guys do by the way!

Zero/empty the arc file.

-------------------------------------------

@Gzuw The "D738" is the string ID that will be used in his pofo file to tell the game to display his name as "Wade Barrett". Not to be confused with his ch slot ID which can be seen in Pozzum's memory tables.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...