PerfectPlextra (669 Characters Slots)

Perfectplex

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just a quick clarification that this is completely compatible with 1.7, the only issue I have come across so far is moving the DLC_30 (Beth, Hardys & Rock'n'Roll Express) using CCT from downloaded to superstars, I am looking for a fix to this, it isn't related to perfectplextra but can be fixed via the profile files so I am looking into a quick fix so all can be switched between the superstars and downloaded rosters without issue.

Use CCT to rebuild the Chunk0.def file so that the game points to the correct profile base.

Related thread:

Edited by Perfectplex
  • Yes! 1

On 1/7/2018 at 5:20 PM, TheVisitorX said:

Do you still plan to create / publish this tutorial? Would be interested to know how this works.

Sorry for the very late reply, I had taken a big break from this game for a few months.

There's not really much to do in the way of a tutorial as its quite straight forward, if you unpack the profile dat, pro and mvs files you will see they are really just dat = pofo + 4 bytes at the start, mvs + pro = movesets + I think 12 bytes at the start once they are combined, I believe the bytes that aren't on the pofo and movesets but are on the dat, mvs and pro are just pointers for when the game reads them to decide where in memory and what order to put them in.

For dlc the slot entries (yes slots ARE important at this stage) are ordered into their own slot order like so.

00 00 01 00	112 Jeff Hardy
01 00 01 00	113 Matt Hardy
02 00 01 00	224 Beth Phoenix
03 00 01 00	278 Drew McIntyre
04 00 01 00	407 Ricky Morton
05 00 01 00	408 Robert Gibson
06 00 01 00	608 Elias
07 00 01 00	714 Aleister Black
08 00 01 00	715 Lars Sullivan
09 00 01 00	716 Ruby Riot

and fall in after the last default built in slot

Slot_468 [D401]    ch_799 [1F03]

I then leave a gap of 10 to allow the dlc packs to insert into that memory as discussed with Pozzum so we were on the same page on slot/ch order for PerfectPlextra and PacPlus.

So it picks up with manually created dat, pro and mvs files using

Slot_479 [DF01]    ch_800 [2003]

I then let this run on using a generator tool to produce generic files and repackaged them as profile files and this is where I found the slots end at 669 as no characters show up after that number, looking at files after this I found several references in hex to this limit.

Not saying this couldn't be worked around but as far as I am capable of this is the limit I found.

So that's it really, it was easier this game than 2K17 as 2K17 had weird breaks in slots that wouldn't work although 2K17 only used dat and pro which was much more straight forward to see as moveset and pofo files.

I tried inserting the 10 dat, pro and mvs files into PerfectPlextra to see if this would fix the issue of the DLC characters bouncing back to downloaded but found this would send things out of alignment and several characters would completely vanish from the roster unless you made a new save which is something I am trying to avoid completely, I aren't a fan of making mods that rely on new saves, I tried that in 2K17 and it inevitably bombed so I am trying to work around the vanilla set up which can be used without damaging saves at all.

dat (why no 01 00?)

00b30ba47cedd40819ee8bfc31d51287.png

mvs

02e09f33f555f3b7419041048b0b7a0e.png

pro

5ab2fef66c32bd6412f23437065040ad.png

Using CheatEngine you can search for telltale clues from these files, you will probably find 2 entries, the first being where it reads the base files and the second being where it is assorted and allocated into the relevant memory space.

Edited by Perfectplex
  • Thanks 2

@Perfectplex you may have noticed that @pozzum's has updated his memory sheet during your absence and it now includes IDs assigned to the first 100 slots (before The Rock's) as well (they aren't really CAW slots since those are in a different memory region). These slots do not currently work with PerfectPlextra and only WWE 2k18+. Do you think it would be possible to update PerfectPlextra to include these slots with the same IDs as the memory sheet as well so we have 100 more slots to use? I'm not sure if it's even possible with the PerfectPlextra method, but I'm guessing it might be worth looking into.

Not that I know of, I merely run on from where the default files end and let the game handle the placement into memory itself.

I suspect with Pozzums sheet the first 100 are assigned to areas of memory that need to be injected by a tool, I don't know enough about how the files that sort the dat, pro and mvs files to be able to adjust them to do this job automatically.

Does CCT not take those slots into account via the XML data sheet? If not it may be something that could be tried, if they can be injected into via CCT but don't show unless PacPlus is running then it would be a case of asking Pozzum what PacPlus has to do to force them slots to be visible so that the base file it relies on (maybe something like a misc_start hid file) can be looked into to see if tinkering with it can be altered to force them slots to be visible even if it means they have to be forced to be visible regardless if anything is injected into them.

1 hour ago, Perfectplex said:

Not that I know of, I merely run on from where the default files end and let the game handle the placement into memory itself.

I suspect with Pozzums sheet the first 100 are assigned to areas of memory that need to be injected by a tool, I don't know enough about how the files that sort the dat, pro and mvs files to be able to adjust them to do this job automatically.

Does CCT not take those slots into account via the XML data sheet? If not it may be something that could be tried, if they can be injected into via CCT but don't show unless PacPlus is running then it would be a case of asking Pozzum what PacPlus has to do to force them slots to be visible so that the base file it relies on (maybe something like a misc_start hid file) can be looked into to see if tinkering with it can be altered to force them slots to be visible even if it means they have to be forced to be visible regardless if anything is injected into them.

Yeah, they can be injected into with CCT, they just don't show up. They are slot numbers 0-99 (not the actual CAW slots, they are different), @pozzum has assigned various Pac/Wrestler IDs to them. I'm not sure how he activates and assigns the IDs to them or if it can even be done via the PerfectPlextra method.

It's great to have you back in the thick of things, by the way. :)

• Too Sweet 1

Ah right, I assumed because they were an exact 100 and before the main roster that logically they would be reserves for the CAW's.

It's now a case of finding what file decides what shows what, I know the unlock file is something I figured out for 2K17 so I will look into that and the hid file and see if I can mess about with them enough until they show without needing a new save file.

Hopefully that is also where I stumble across what is forcing the DLC_30 characters back to downloaded too.

Edit: Taking this matter to the surgery thread.

Edited by Perfectplex
  • Thanks 2

For reference the slots that are in the first 100 (0-99) Caw slots do not appear in the menu because as far as I can tell in order to get them to appear in the menu you would have to cannibalize those caw slots.  However the game still works with them correctly if you inject them via match editor, that is why I have them included.

Slot assignments were based primarily on popular vote before the release of 2k18.

• Too Sweet 1

6 hours ago, pozzum said:

For reference the slots that are in the first 100 (0-99) Caw slots do not appear in the menu because as far as I can tell in order to get them to appear in the menu you would have to cannibalize those caw slots.  However the game still works with them correctly if you inject them via match editor, that is why I have them included.

Slot assignments were based primarily on popular vote before the release of 2k18.

Ah, okay. That makes sense, I guess. Still, it's odd that the slots are there while the actual CAW slots are elsewhere. Probably a leftover from before there were CAW slots or something.

• Too Sweet 1

2 hours ago, Cave Waverider said:

Ah, okay. That makes sense, I guess. Still, it's odd that the slots are there while the actual CAW slots are elsewhere. Probably a leftover from before there were CAW slots or something.

Most likely. I remember in 2k16 or so when I first found the memory region of the pac plus stuff that the game checks the pac number and the first check is if it's from 0-99 (less than 100) it alters the memory regions to that of the caws. 

• Too Sweet 1

• 4 months later...
On 10/20/2018 at 1:38 PM, BamBams Universe said:

Hi @Perfectplex, I really appreciated your slot extension. Is there a way to create this again in 2K19?

I am still currently experimenting with the files for 2K19.

As things stand I am currently capped at I believe 561 entries, this may change with future DLC changes to the files.

• Like 2
  • Too Sweet 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Yes! 1

• 3 weeks later...

I bought the PC version specifically for this mod. First time I had gotten a WWE game since 2K14. However, I am entirely new to modding when it comes to this game and the process of installing a character still eludes my understanding. I have mostly stuck with downloading stuff off of Community creations.

As well as trying to figure out why a certain Harlem Heat Booker T (the only one) always crashes my game whenever I try to do a match with him or try to edit him. Couldn't even assign him as a attire, but I digress.

• 7 months later...