Change CAW Gender

Reffy

Hello.

I really like creating characters and want them fight each other. Is there a way to change the gender of a superstar, so a male can fight females and visa versa?

I know there will probably be some sort of match editor later, but for now I just want to change 1 superstar.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, you can change the gender byte for each character with Cheat Engine. You can find the addresses in @pozzum's Memory Sheet. There should be tutorials on how to do that in forums for older games, it works pretty much the same still.

If that's too complicated for you, you can also wait for the Data Editor for WWE 2k18 to be released so you can edit it more easily.

Keep in mind that changing gender on some CAWs can deform them (that isn't a problem for in-game Superstars and mods).

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Cave Waverider said:

Keep in mind that changing gender on some CAWs can deform them (that isn't a problem for in-game Superstars and mods).

Looks like you can fix this (texture issues) by:

1) select first male wrestler  e.g. address 142A26e24 value is 0 male

2) before selecting second female wrestler set first to female 142A26e24 value is 1 

3) now you can select female as opponent since looks like game simply compares gender to first..

P.S. probably you need to select match with no DQ.    

Also probably good idea is set back genders to original after match to avoid issues.. 

Edited by GaryII
  • Like 1

Wow, thank you very much. Changing the gender during selection is a great advice and I got some solid matches.

Not quite sure how to integrate this in universe, but for exhibition, this is a solution.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I can definitely confirm just switching a CAW to their opposite gender and leaving it like that when they're loaded will completely screw up their appearance like last year. Very annoying. I didn't so much want to do inter-gender matches as I just wanted to set all my female CAW's to male so they could get busted open, something that actually worked fine in 2K16.

I'm assuming if you follow the method of switching genders back and forth when setting up a match to fool the game into letting you have a man vs. a woman that she still wouldn't be able to get color, right?

Makes me wonder if there is a value somewhere tied to blood that could just be switched on for females instead with little trouble.

• 2 years later...
On 11/29/2017 at 5:45 AM, Robin Everheart said:

I can definitely confirm just switching a CAW to their opposite gender and leaving it like that when they're loaded will completely screw up their appearance like last year. Very annoying. I didn't so much want to do inter-gender matches as I just wanted to set all my female CAW's to male so they could get busted open, something that actually worked fine in 2K16.

I'm assuming if you follow the method of switching genders back and forth when setting up a match to fool the game into letting you have a man vs. a woman that she still wouldn't be able to get color, right?

Makes me wonder if there is a value somewhere tied to blood that could just be switched on for females instead 

Edited by JohnDNA