How to make your game start faster (kind of)

Curb Stomp City

This file will replace the "now then and forever" video package at the start of the game. Since deleting the original file caused the game not to load, instead, in its place will be a 1 frame black video file. This saves having to skip it.

Copy the "movies" folder into your WWE 2K18 folder, then merge and replace.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/c1c47r124xju6jc/ShorterStart_CurbStompCity.rar

• Like 1
  • Too Sweet 1
  • Thanks 1

I dont get it... I saw that before.. I must say that Wwe2k18 starts faster than any other game i have installed, and i have 117 Games installed. After 1 second i double click the start logo i see the first loading screen. Its faster than any other wwe game in the start progress. I have also many mods installed. And i dont even have it on a SSD, its on a normal sata 3 HDD.

Edited by Andy

2 hours ago, Andy said:

I dont get it... I saw that before.. I must say that Wwe2k18 starts faster than any other game i have installed, and i have 117 Games installed. After 1 second i double click the start logo i see the first loading screen. Its faster than any other wwe game in the start progress. I have also many mods installed. And i dont even have it on a SSD, its on a normal sata 3 HDD.

This just skips the start video. Its useful to me as I restart the game a lot when modding.

3 hours ago, Andy said:

well, for everyone as long as mods is installed, the game take 5 to 10 minutes to launch

2 hours ago, tich said:

well, for everyone as long as mods is installed, the game take 5 to 10 minutes to launch

Sorry this is not true. I have mods installed, game launches in seconds. Its exactly 36 seconds to see the startscreen. My Pc is not a Monster..

Amd fx6300 (6 cpus) Amd R9 270X 4gb, 16Gb ram.

Edited by Andy

7 minutes ago, Andy said:

Sorry this is not true. I have mods installed, game launches in seconds. Its exactly 36 seconds to see the startscreen. My Pc is not a Monster..

This is irrelevant to this thread anyway. This mod skips the start video that everyone has. :)

22 minutes ago, Cave Waverider said:

Thanks. Is there any way to do this to the "Don't Try this at home" screen as well?

I looked into it last year and couldn't find a way. The start video is a .bk2 inside a .pac, I couldn't figure out the DTTAH screen.

8 minutes ago, Andy said:

yes it is, it's been like that every year,and this year it's even worse you can ask anyone if you want xD

to read mods you have to delete the chunk0.arc otherwise the game crash when you try to load a mod in game (past year you couldn't even load the game) and once you delete the chunk0.arc file, game takes 5 min to 10 min to load, you can read the board it's like that for everyone.

that as nothing to do with config.

• Thanks 1

I have a Seth Rollins Mod only installed. (one mod) and it works, i see the new tshirt game starts fast and i dont have deleted any file. So there is a possibility that it would also work for every other mod to? Why does the Rollins Mod work but when i try Rollins vs Jinder (from Julian) it freezes when i select Jinder. Why does Rollins work and others dont?

Edited by Andy

2 minutes ago, Andy said:

I have a Seth Rollins Mod only installed. (one mod) and it works, i see the new tshirt game starts fast and i dont have delete any file. So there is a possibility that it would also work for every other mod to. So why does the Rollins Mod work but when i try Rollins vs Jinder (from Julian) it freezes when i select Jinder. Why does Rollins work and others dont?

Ask here. http://smacktalks.org/forums/forum/321-discussion-support

• Haha 1
  • Glorious 1

Just now, Andy said:

When you ask me (and i know you wouldnt) this whole thread needs to be in this Section.

This is the mod section. This thread contains a mod.

Not trying to be a dick mate, I just don't know the answer to your question.

• 4 months later...