Sound Editor 2018 [Released: Version 1.4.1]

TheVisitorX

10 minutes ago, jakks said:

How much is the PC version? 

That varies. Depends on whether you buy it directly from Steam or from an external key seller. Standard Edition is €49.99 / $59.99 on Steam (it depends on country). An external key seller is usually cheaper.

Edited by TheVisitorX

OK. So, I have the ".wem" files I want. My first question is: How do I convert them into ".pck" files for the Sound Editor program? And my follow-up question is: Does this work with your own music, and not just the theme songs of existing wrestlers?

1 hour ago, UndeadWarlord94 said:

OK. So, I have the ".wem" files I want. My first question is: How do I convert them into ".pck" files for the Sound Editor program? And my follow-up question is: Does this work with your own music, and not just the theme songs of existing wrestlers?

It does not work with your own music. It is possible to create pck archives, but there is no way to tell the game that it should use your new created sound files. So for now you can only replace existing sound files.

Edited by TheVisitorX

So, @TheVisitorX, do you have any way I can talk to you privately? I only ask because I would like to talk to you about one a Custom Superstar I created on 2K18, but I don't want your other followers to see our conversation.

OOPS! That was supposed to say "a Custom Superstar".

• 2 weeks later...

I can confirm that last years Sound Editor is working fine with 2K19!

No update needed for opening the files or injecting new ones. Also no Wwise update this year. So that means, that all wem files from last year are still working! And the best thing is, that the ids haven't changed, so we only have to add the new ids to the data.xml file. Big thank you to Yukes for that!!! But I will still release a new version in a few days, but only with small changes and an updated version number for 2K19 ;).

But please don't try to use the menu music patcher, it's for 2k18 ONLY!

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 2
  • Too Sweet 1
  • Glorious 1

Hello @TheVisitorX, first I'm french so sorry for my bad english,

I have a 64bit Windows 10 version on my PC & I have .NET framework 4.5 installed but I cannot run your application "setup_sound_editor_2018.exe" cause when I try to run it, a window appears : "This app can't run on your PC, to find a version for your pc, check with the software publisher" 

I also disabled my antivirus and my firewall but nothing changes.

I play WWE games on console since SvR2007 with my brother & my childhood friend, where we always created a lot of superstars, we got our own federation. This year I suggested my brother to buy the game on PC to bring back custom music for our superstars cause without it, our superstars look kinda empty? I don't know how to explain, but custom music means a lot for us. 

I didn't sleep this night (it's 08:47am in France) and my friend comes this afternoon to play the game, I'd like to have some custom musics in the game when he'll be there so I hope you could help me fast,

thank you sir and thank you again to bring us such a fabulous application

@TheVisitorX Thanks for the quick reply, do you have any idea of when the realise of SE for 2K19 will be done? Sorry if I'm forcing too much. Is there any other way I can get the actual version of SE without using your download link? I am in a hurry

I'm at work right now, but I can send you a version without the setup when I'm back home or maybe someone else could send you the exe file? SE release for 2K19 will be ready ASAP. I will update the data.xml file in a later release.

Edited by TheVisitorX

Thank you very much sir and sorry to bother you

EDIT : After a reboot, I downloaded the file again, then disabled my antivirus & finally used to run the setup as administrator, it worked !

Edited by ageinorton
problem solved
  • Too Sweet 1

I started the Sound Editor 2018 and I got an error message saying:

"Your selected Wwise path is not valid or have select a wrong Wwise version!"

Beside the fact, that i don't have Wwise, are there any other option onverting mp3 into wem?

3 hours ago, FierySoulX said:

I started the Sound Editor 2018 and I got an error message saying:

"Your selected Wwise path is not valid or have select a wrong Wwise version!"

Beside the fact, that i don't have Wwise, are there any other option onverting mp3 into wem? 

No, you definitely need Wwise! There is no other option to convert files to WEM. WEM is a proprietary audio file format by Audiokinetic.

1 hour ago, TheVisitorX said:

No, you definitely need Wwise! There is no other option to convert files to WEM. WEM is a proprietary audio file format by Audiokinetic.

Do you have an link for Wwise?

Wwise setup is included in SE. Try to look in the SE program directory. It should be somewhere in this directory. But usually SE should install Wwise automatically..

Edited by TheVisitorX

46 minutes ago, TheVisitorX said:

Wwise setup is included in SE. Try to look in the SE program directory. It should be somewhere in this directory. But usually SE should install Wwise automatically..

There is something called "Wwise_Template" but I still don't know how use it/which path i have to use for the Wwise main directory ?!

Edited by FierySoulX

2 hours ago, FierySoulX said:

There is something called "Wwise_Template" but I still don't know how use it/which path i have to use for the Wwise main directory ?!

No, not the template file. It's in the "dependencies" directory - WwiseLauncher.msi.

8 hours ago, TheVisitorX said:

No, not the template file. It's in the "dependencies" directory - WwiseLauncher.msi.

Now I found it and all worked well - thanks alot for your help and work! 🙃

There is one last question that i have - how do I get the songs on the same volume as the songs in the game?

I replaced for example The Riott Squad's Theme but it's not a loud as the other songs.

Edited by FierySoulX

5 hours ago, FierySoulX said:

Now I found it and all worked well - thanks alot for your help and work! 🙃

There is one last question that i have - how do I get the songs on the same volume as the songs in the game?

I replaced for example The Riott Squad's Theme but it's not a loud as the other songs.

That's a thing that we haven't found out yet. The file itself is loud, but it is still not loud enough in the game.

• 2 weeks later...